Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

DC Hot Chocolate runners

Anyone pickup their numbers yet?  DH picked ours up today and I am wearing my jacket while nesting.

What are you planning to wear during the race? I haven't decided what I am going to wear yet, I wasn't ready for the cold that hit us today. 

Re: DC Hot Chocolate runners

• I have not picked up my number yet. 

I'll probably wear my non-thermal tights, a thin long sleeved base layer and my dri-fit half zip on top.  also gloves and a ear warmer thing. I just realized that I'm going to look like a nike ad. tights, half zip, and ear thing are all nike. 

if it is windy I might switch out the half zip for a jacket.   the course looks pretty similar to the wilson bridge half in the last mile. I was FREEZING in the last mile of that race from the wind coming off of the potomac and I think it was 15 degrees warmer that day (I was also wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt).  

• No, haven't gotten my packet yet, my friend is picking it up for me tomorrow sometime. 

I haven't even looked at the weather yet, so I have no clue what I'm wearing yet.  What's it looking like?

• I haven't picked it up yet either.   I was planning on tights, long sleeve wicking shirt, and possibly a vest or jacket, oh and gloves and ear thing of course!  I hate running into the wind so I hope it's not that bad!
  • I still have to get my & DH's numbers. I will run in non thermal tights, tank, & long sleeve. My core usually stays pretty warm so that should be enough. I will also have gloves & ear warmers, neither of which will stay after the first half mile.

Was pick-up easy?

photo 23_zps55098dc4.jpgphoto 5_zps844d0072.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo rainbows_zpsb95a8e2b.jpgphoto dairy_badge_zpsf1627fb3.jpgphoto gooddrugs_badge_zps46a70739.jpg
  • image Flamingemu:

Was pick-up easy?

It was okay. There's one sign saying kind of where to park, but then there's not a lot telling you where the actual expo is. It's in a tent in a parking lot down by the water, far to the right. I only found it because I was familiar with the area from the WWHM in Oct.

Also I agree that the end of the WWHM was awful with the wind down by the water!

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/jawbqe.png[/IMG]
    <br clear="all">
    <br clear="all">
    Good grief!