Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WIAR: The Summer Garden (sp through 200)

I'm about 200 pages in- in the first interlude- and this is just now getting interesting for me.

I felt like the first 200 pages were just... blah. I didn't feel half as connected to the characters as I have in the past and I kind of felt like it was all just going in circles.

I really liked the scene where Alexander went before the council on unamerian activities, but other than that I mostly thought it was all a bit pointless.

I'm not super into series generally, and maybe this is why- I'm just a little bored of hearing about the same people.

Did anyone else feel this way through this book?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: WIAR: The Summer Garden (sp through 200)

• I am feeling this way too.  I actually put it down to read some other books first and will get back to it soon as that is my goal for December (finish books I have started and put to the side this year).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • I don't know... I was really into the series (it's one of very few that I've read one right after another) so I don't really think I can say I was bored with it at any point, but I can relate to the disconnected feeling.  TSG was my least favorite book from the series and I found it to be very different from TBH and T&A.  I definitely feel like the book is kind of all over the place as far as good parts and bad, happy and sad, interesting vs. a little more boring, etc.  I feel like there's a lot that happens in that book.  I'd say definitely stick with it. 
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • See, I love series because I like to "stay" with my characters.  I fell so hard in love with Tatiana and Alexander from the beginning, so I enjoyed every painful second of the next two books. 

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

• image 84Lauren:
    See, I love series because I like to "stay" with my characters.  I fell so hard in love with Tatiana and Alexander from the beginning, so I enjoyed every painful second of the next two books. 

This. I was flipping each page in TSG hoping for happiness between them...the first part of the book has such an impending doom feeling because you know T is keeping them running from the government. I couldn't put it down.

Sammie born 04/23/09 (Peanut allergy)
    Emmett born 01/28/2013

2015 Books Read 3 * 2014 Books Read: 151
    2013 Books Read: 90 * 2012 Books Read: 125
    2011 Books Read: 150  * 2010 Books Read: 117

Jennie Writes Words ~~~ We Still Read ~~~ Presidential Challenge
  • I guess maybe I said it wrong. I do like the characters, I really do- I just feel like from the end of the second book through at least the first chunk of TSG, they are just static. I want them to grow, change, something. 

• I will add, however, that my favorite part of this book has been the flashbacks & learning about Alexander and Tatiana's pasts. Much more interesting then the "move and feel nervous move and feel nervous" present ;) 

Although were I am now, they have officially moved to Arizona and it is getting a bit better for me.  

• I loved all three books but TSG was a slower read for me than the other two.  I'm not sure why but it was.  It could be because I read them all back to back in a very short period of time.  Maybe I was just burnt out.

• I think The Summer Garden just has a completely different feel from the other two books to me because of the fact that it crams so much of T&A's life into one book, whereas the first 2 books only comprised a small time frame.  Also, the impending doom of the relationship is missing as well.  Suddenly T&A are alone together without a war knocking at their door and they don't know how to act together knowing they won't be separated in the next instant. 

I think TSG has to be a completely different book from the first 2 only because T&A are having to learn how to live a different kind of life and have to build a relationship that isn't about the urgency of being together anymore.  They need to learn how to live together.  

imageimageimage NESTIE FORMERLY KNOWN AS BOONEYBEAR. Stooooopid nest.