Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dr. RE-Diagnose Me

During my lunchtime bathroom break, I noticed my face was all red. At first I just thought it was because my blood pressure was up from dealing with a difficult kid. But then I noticed it was traveling down my neck and looks like a bunch of tiny red spots. It hadn't been  there an hour earlier or at least not noticeably so.

I didn't eat anything strange, I don't wear makeup, and I wasn't using anything different in the classroom. It's not itchy or anything but like an idiot, I mentioned it to my mom on the phone and she's all "Call the doctor first thing in the morning."

So what say you, is it:

A) some weird pregnancy thing

2) an allergy to my students

purple) burst blood vessels from holding in "Are you effing kidding me?" at my student's repeated shenanigans

MedievalTimes) a mysterious face plague

I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz

Re: Dr. RE-Diagnose Me

•  

IMAG0315
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • Pregnancy does weird stuff to your skin. I would assume its that. Can you check your BP though?
  • I wasn't thinking, I should've asked the school nurse to check my BP. I should probably do that tomorrow.
  • I would mention it to your doctor. Most rashes are benign, but it's something they would probably want to know just in case.
    We, we like to party.
  • I don't know what it is, but I hope you don't die.

ETA:  I don't mean ever because that's really too much to ask, but you know, I hope it doesn't happen any time soon.

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/fc6xeb.jpg[/IMG]
  • Yeah BP is something very important to monitor. As someone who had PIH I can tell you that. 
  • I'll call tomorrow, my mom will haunt me if I don't. 

• That doesn't look like an allergic reaction or typical hives. I'm also doubtful that it was BP related, but probably something more homonal, manifesting in a dermalogical way. If it's gone now, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • I got some of those red spots on my chest recently. I blame it on weird pregnancy stuff. My BP and all is fine.
    DSC_0768
    Claire Elizabeth 12/31/2011
    Married Bio
  • I had PUPPS, but my spots were larger than that, and they were never on my face or neck.
  • By chance did you just put up a Christmas tree or do you have one at school?  I know a few people who were more sensitive to pine trees during their pregnancies.  Just a thought.  I have super sensitive skin and just being close to a Christmas tree irritates my skin.  Good Luck !!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Your medical issues are super boring. Next time try to make it more life-threatening.
    The poster formerly known as PDXPhotoGrl
  • (and I'm going to feel real real bad about that last post if it turns out it is something serious.)
    The poster formerly known as PDXPhotoGrl
  • Stevens-Johnson!

ETA: No one Google that.

We, we like to party.
  • image scienarasucka:
    (and I'm going to feel real real bad about that last post if it turns out it is something serious.)

I'm pretty sure my obituary will read: "Police suspect she bored herself to death but have not ruled out the possibility that her death was caused by her interwebz friends did not take her rare skin condition seriously."

And Ribth, that's like saying "DON'T LOOK NOW" when someone walks in a room, I really want to look but I know I shouldn't.

• So, WTH is wrong with you? Inquiring minds want to know.
    11/11/11 = 5 years. Woah!
  • Still not sure but I'll make sure I report back when I have an answer. That is if I'm able to have a computer in my bubble.