Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

More whining from me

Listen, people with kids. Don't even bother saying, "We should get together sometime," when what you really mean is, "You should come over and watch me take care of my baby since I don't like to leave the house before she goes to bed or while she's sleeping, aka never." I'm tired of doing the "Well, I could get out for a half hour around 6:30, but I'd need to be home by 7 p.m., or actually more like 6:50" dance where you pretend that you still maintain something that resembles an adult social life. It's time we all give up and acknowledge you are RBTTF and maybe we'll be friends again sometime when this kid goes away to college.
"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse

Re: More whining from me

• Does this mean you will now be coming with me on the 9th?
  • No, this is about other people. The main friend in question that day will leave the kids with her husband in a heartbeat, bless her.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • I'm getting in trouble with the old man for leaving my kids too much. Suck on that, people who said I was the RBTTBF of the RBTTBFististest.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I gave up that charade long ago.

If you want to come over after 7 and drink some wine, cool.  Otherwise, I'll see you when my kid stops waking me up at 5:45 every morning.  So, maybe like 5-10 years.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image KristenBtobe:
    I'm getting in trouble with the old man for leaving my kids too much. Suck on that, people who said I was the RBTTBF of the RBTTBFististest.

I caught this a LOT from J, if I ever ever ever went anywhere. Once a month for dinner with friends always resulted in guilt trips until I'd end up lugging Connor along with me or back out. 

• Wait. So these people won't leave their kids alone with their husbands? At night? So they can leave their house?

• I like to leave my kid with my husband to "run errands", then not return for several hours.  I usually get a pedicure, go shopping, sit and starbucks and read, etc.  When I get home, my husband give me the "I thought our child was going to be the 'my mom left for a pack of smokes and never came home' kid" look.
  • A friend of mine who constantly looks like she hates life and wants to die was telling us a story about how her mom always wants to babysit, "But then she came over and I was like, 'Are you sure you've got this?' and she was like, 'Yes, go have fun!' and then she asked me where his jacket was and I asked her if she had made him to potty yet and she said no and I was like, 'I thought you said you've got this!'"  It made me die inside that she couldn't tell how crazy she sounds.  She's her own worst enemy.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • I'll admit that it's hard to leave a tiny baby.  I was all obsessed w/ the schedule and  so worried someone is going to f' it up.  I never felt like this with my husband, but I did with my MIL.  And my ILs were the notorious "keep her awake so I can hold her and play with her" kind.   But, once they hit toddlerhood, and you can keep them alive by just throwing some food and water at them every once in a while?  F' it.  I'll let anyone w/ a cell phone number babysit my kid w/ no worries.
  • I do the same thing with errands, which is ridiculous because F would have no issue with me just leaving to do whatever I wanted for hours at a time.  
  • image noisy_penguin:
    Wait. So these people won't leave their kids alone with their husbands? At night? So they can leave their house?

As Vinny said, they can't go anywhere because they wake up early with the baaaaaabyyy! Yes, Vinny, you are being mocked!

I stay out til 1 and get up at 6 regularly. Even if you are tired the next day, how can you not want to go out once every couple of months at least??

• Dude, mock away. 

I have just been very anti-social lately.  I'm just not feeling it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • unless this baby is less than a month old, they be crazy!  I only wish I had friends that wanted to hang out back then and someone reliable (this excludes his father) to babysit. 

We're kind of dealing with the same thing now, our friends have young kids so we usually end up hanging at their house.  luckily their kids are pretty awesome and go to bed without issue.

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/fc6xeb.jpg[/IMG]
  • image _Fenton:
    Listen, people with kids. Don't even bother saying, "We should get together sometime," when what you really mean is, "You should come over and watch me take care of my baby since I don't like to leave the house before she goes to bed or while she's sleeping, aka never." I'm tired of doing the "Well, I could get out for a half hour around 6:30, but I'd need to be home by 7 p.m., or actually more like 6:50" dance where you pretend that you still maintain something that resembles an adult social life. It's time we all give up and acknowledge you are RBTTF and maybe we'll be friends again sometime when this kid goes away to college.

I am not RBTTF apparently. I go out 1-2x a week to meet different friends for dinner. I don't drink because I'd have no way to get home (amongst other reasons) but I like to eat anything I didn't have to prepare & have it brought to me). I don't get not going out. I hear the mini pull into the driveway & I'm out. Hair washed and all. 

• image mashedpotato:

unless this baby is less than a month old, they be crazy!

I know I'm not a mother and there are things I don't understand, but I would still never give someone sh!t for not going out in the first six months. Even up to 9-12, but a few people I know are still this rigid after a year.

• image _Fenton:
    image mashedpotato:

unless this baby is less than a month old, they be crazy!

I know I'm not a mother and there are things I don't understand, but I would still never give someone sh!t for not going out in the first six months. Even up to 9-12, but a few people I know are still this rigid after a year.

yeah, just come hang with me.

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/fc6xeb.jpg[/IMG]