Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dishes :(

I hate doing the dishes, more than I knew I could hate something. I put it until I really have to.. I want a dishwasher but I live in an apartment :(

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Dishes :(

• I live in a very small house without much cabinet space and I couldn't waste any to get a dishwasher put in. So I got a portable one off Craigslist. You can also find countertop dishwashers. I am so glad I got one.
  • I agree, if you have room get a portable dishwasher or a counter top one, if not try to stay on top of the dishes, don't leave them pile up (its a lot worse cleaning dried on food)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • If you can't wash everything the moment you're finished with it, at least give it a good scrub and rinse. 

If you stay on top of it it shouldn't be a huge production.  

• Wash as you go. Putting it off only makes it worse.
  • image jay.otter:
    Wash as you go. Putting it off only makes it worse.

If you can't fulfill your wish of having a dish washer, this is the only way.  Get a good drying pad - we got ours from B, B & Beyond.  I loathe drying dishes, so this is a lifesaver. 

If you're making dinner & will have a lot of dishes & pots n pans, get a sink load going so you can start to wash as the food is cooking.  The worst & hardest part about cooking a big meal, is being full afterward & going right back into the kitchen to wash dishes/clean up. 

Also, try to reuse your cup or plate throughout the day.  I realize you don't want to leave/come home to a countertop full of dishes, but if you're going to be home for the day, why use a brand new glass everytime you make yourself a drink?  Just rinse it out and reuse.

• I hate the dishes as well more than ANYTHING, I'd rather clean a toilet! LOL