Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How to remove duct tape from a mirror?

A friend just gave me their mirror, and they duct taped the clips to it. Now there's all this stickiness left. Should I just get some goo gone?
The pups!

Re: How to remove duct tape from a mirror?

• image sklopfer:
    A friend just gave me their mirror, and they duct taped the clips to it. Now there's all this stickiness left. Should I just get some goo gone?

Yep!  Goo gone works wonders.

• i might be too late, but peanut butter works when removing stickers from glass surfaces, and this is essentially the same thing. rub peanut butter on the sticky mess and let it sit for a while, then rub it off and the sticky comes with it! HTH
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nail polish remover works great for removing sticker residue from mirrors and windows!
  • Thank you! I'm kind of interested to see if the peanut butter thing works, lol. 

Do you know if it has to be nail polish remover with acetone? 

The pups!
  • Try putting olive oil on it and letting it soak for at least a few hours.  This is also a great way to peel off price tags, esp on shoes.  It has to be olive oil though.
  • Another good way to get the sticky off is Lighter fluid. I know it sounds crazy, but it works!