Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Clicky: Christmas Music

When do you start listening to Christmas Music?
[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
#1-BFP 08-22-09 ~ M/C 08-31-09 at 5 weeks 6 days
#2-BFP 08-6-11 ~ Due 04/18 ~ born via c-section April 22, 2012
My Blog

Re: Clicky: Christmas Music

• Growing up, my mom would never let me decorate the house or pull out CDs until after Thanksgiving dinner was done... Since I moved out on my own a few years back I now pull it all out in early November just because I can :P haha...
  • haha, good for you! I love Christmas! DH hates it because I'm listening to Christmas music now already and he thinks we shouldn't listen to it after Thanksgiving. I tell him that if I waited that long you would hardly get a chance to listen to it! haha Smile
    My Blog
  • Agreed! I have to give in.. Starting in August I start getting the little drummer boy stuck in my head... Listening to it is the only known cure ;) toobadsosad for the husbands.. haha

• I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one haha!
    My Blog
  • image Johlise:
    haha, good for you! I love Christmas! DH hates it because I'm listening to Christmas music now already and he thinks we shouldn't listen to it after Thanksgiving. I tell him that if I waited that long you would hardly get a chance to listen to it! haha Smile

haha, well... Considering every retail establishment known to man starts playing Christmas music around the first of November, I think we get to listen to it plenty! ;)

I don't start up the holiday playlists until after Thanksgiving, either. Thankfully, DH is on my side on this one!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • we are both very pro-waiting until after Thanksgiving :D
  • because I worked retail for so long, I am of the scrooge variety that believes music on christmas eve and christmas day is fine... but thats it.
  • christmas music starts when costco tells me it's christmas....so what is that....july? haha. okay fine maybe september. but only when h isn't around, because he refuses to listen to christmas music until after thanksgiving.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • image soralette:
    haha, well... Considering every retail establishment known to man starts playing Christmas music around the first of November, I think we get to listen to it plenty! ;)
    Oh my gosh, i heard several Christmas songs this week at the mall and a grocery store... at least they were mixed in with regular music.

We don't start until thanksgiving weekend.

EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • I have to listen to it for at least 9 hours a day every day I work from Thanksgiving to New Years. I would be very happy if they only played it from the 1st of December to the 25th of December.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • DH refuses to listen to Christmas music till the day after Thanksgiving. I tend to agree because I feel that we ignore Thanksgiving for the most part.

Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • If Hubby would let me listen to Xmas music year round I would! I love the holidays! they bring back so many happy memories! Comcast channel 933 starts playing Xmas music tomorrow! YAY!
    March Siggy Challenge
    Audrey Hepburn

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2817f41.jpg[/IMG]

<A href=http://beanagirl01.blogspot.com//>Emptying My Brain</A>
  • image jennlin:
    christmas music starts when costco tells me it's christmas....so what is that....july? haha. okay fine maybe september. but only when h isn't around, because he refuses to listen to christmas music until after thanksgiving.

This exactly, haha 

• tinamorgan you're my hero for telling me that. haha
  • image tinamorgan:
    If Hubby would let me listen to Xmas music year round I would! I love the holidays! they bring back so many happy memories! Comcast channel 933 starts playing Xmas music tomorrow! YAY!

Newbie?.... intro post please.. lol Stick out tongue We'd like to know all about you! Welcome!! 

My Blog
  • I wanted to start today, but James says not until we go get our tree (the day after Thanksgiving).  I will sneak when I'm home alone, though. :)  He gets tired of it.  I never do!
    T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • i used to love christmas music.. but i don't know why that when i answered this clicky, i wanted to answer that i don't like christmas music but that isn't true.

i love christina aguilera christmas the most. :)

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • image larzhope:
    because I worked retail for so long, I am of the scrooge variety that believes music on christmas eve and christmas day is fine... but thats it.

My college roommate abhorred Christmas music of all kinds, all varieties because of too long working at Barnes & Noble and having to suffer through it starting mid-November.  I refuse to play it before Thanksgiving.

I went to FM last night to get groceries and to pick up some spiderweb and a light for my pumpkin...and they had already moved all the Halloween stuff off to some random side aisle and replaced the whole front section of the store with CHRISTMAS!! GAAAH, SERIOUSLY?!?! They had one itty-bitty table with fall/Thanksgiving stuff and it was shoved off in an awkward location.

Daisypath Vacation tickers