Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]om.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

magic milk straws (review)

has anybody seen these in the stores? i've seen them now for several weeks..maybe a few months..and they just LOOK LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!! but i haven't justified myself into buying them, since they are kinda pricey ($2/pack of 6 straws). 

with my coupon shopping this weekend, i had some "overage", which means i got all my laundry detergent for FREE + i had $5 to spend in the store instantly...there was nothing else that was an amazing deal that i wanted to jump on, so i decided to buy some milk straws.

let's just say i'm pretty disappointed. *wah wah*. the flavoring is so *light*, you can hardly taste it..it's just a hint of it there. also, it doesn't last my full pint-glass of milk...and if you let it sit in your milk for...10 mins? all the little flavor balls dissolve into the rest of your milk..and you don't even taste it--AT ALL. it worked better with my 8oz glass, but i still had to chug my milk through a straw to make sure it didn't dissolve too fast.

i won't be buying anymore straws...i think i'll just keep them in the house for my niece/nephew/kids-that-come-to-visit...since they are fun..just not all that flavorful. 

ETA: http://www.magicstraws.com/

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.

Re: magic milk straws (review)

• I've never heard of them, but they look awesome! Sad to hear they don't have a lot of flavor though. Sad
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • I had the same experience with them. Thats why they are still sitting around. Don't know what to do with them.
    [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2ij5blu.jpg[/IMG]

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/tt118a6d.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Bummer!  I have been thinking about buying these for Tman, but now I won't.
    T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • image babyaustin725:
    Bummer!  I have been thinking about buying these for Tman, but now I won't.

i think it'd be fun for a kid, once...

• so, did you try the cookies and cream kind??? :)

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • image sarack:

so, did you try the cookies and cream kind??? :)

no! i wish i did! i bought 3 packs, because that's all they had...i got chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. so far at home i've only tried choco and strawberry. i'm going to try vanilla today. i'm still tempted to try the cookies and cream kind because it still looks delicious haha.

• image jennlin:
    image sarack:

so, did you try the cookies and cream kind??? :)

no! i wish i did! i bought 3 packs, because that's all they had...i got chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. so far at home i've only tried choco and strawberry. i'm going to try vanilla today. i'm still tempted to try the cookies and cream kind because it still looks delicious haha.

i kinda wanna try the chocolate and the cookies and cream!! i think i'm gonna buy some for my nephew! :)

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • I bought the chocolate ones many months back for my coworker for fun. She LOVES chocolate milk. She said the flavor wasn't very strong but was better than nothing and was at least fun.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers