Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

s/o steak

what is your fav cut of steak? what is your fav way to cook it? or where is your fav place to get a good steak?
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: s/o steak

• I like Outback's victorian fliet. Medium well. Just a hint of pink.
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Filet mignon medium rare - I love them cooked in a cast iron skillet to get a good sear and lock in the juices. 

Best one I've had in Seattle is at Melrose Grill in Renton.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image karimychel:

Filet mignon medium rare - I love them cooked in a cast iron skillet to get a good sear and lock in the juices. 

Best one I've had in Seattle is at Melrose Grill in Renton.  

this is how dh orders it (not sure about the skillet). He likes jacks in issaquah, and outback.
    EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • filet mignon seared rare in the cast iron skillet.

I also love my steaks blue if it's a really good steakhouse/if I trust the source of the meat.  

DH has a sous vide machine which makes any cut of steak taste like butter. my favorite is actually when he does a cut like flank steak in there, and then he sears it with his blow torch before serving. 

• The best steak I've ever had is the Ribeye from Daniel's Broiler.  Medium Rare. 
    T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • image emyinpink:

filet mignon seared rare in the cast iron skillet.

I also love my steaks blue if it's a really good steakhouse/if I trust the source of the meat.  

DH has a sous vide machine which makes any cut of steak taste like butter. my favorite is actually when he does a cut like flank steak in there, and then he sears it with his blow torch before serving. 

ettm: i've never heard of a blue steak. tell me about it.

also, sous vide machine? i need to google this immediately.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • The best steak that I have had was at the Metroploitan Grill/ Bacon wrapped filet mignon with gorganzola broiled over the top...nom nom nom!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • image sarack:
    image emyinpink:

filet mignon seared rare in the cast iron skillet.

ettm: i've never heard of a blue steak. tell me about it.

also, sous vide machine? i need to google this immediately.

Heres a description of a black and blue steak:  Crusty on the outside but cold and raw in the middle. It's absolutely delicious if prepared well, but not for everyone.

Dh totally does all of the cooking in our house, lol. He started with Alton Brown, and now is really into modernist cooking techniques (think Crush, the Fremch Laundry, the Fat Duck). Sous vide is a water bath cooking technique with vacuum sealing so that the food is kept at a precise temperature for a period of time sealed with its own juices or marinades. 

• filet mignon. bloody, moo-ing, rare. i like the met or elgaucho.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Filet mignon (bone-in, if I can get it!), medium rare. I think really, really highly of Daniel's Broiler, esp in SLU; I tend to soak up the steak juices and eat those, too. :X
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary