Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Clicky: work out

I think this was asked before, but I don't remember...I'm trying to get in a routine so I was wondering what everyone else does.

[Poll]
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Clicky: work out

• I voted once a week - but that is because I joined a gym last week and only went once. I have intentions of getting back to going 3 days a week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I should start working out...I miss playing volleyball. I might start playing again with some friends though.
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • when i'm being good, i go daily. like last week. and i probably will this week. but that lasts a few months and then i miss out. but i also workout at home too. :) i think 3-4 times a week would be efficient enough.. but whats really important is tracking your calories in and out. i really recommend myfitnesspal.com
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • image sarack:
    when i'm being good, i go daily. like last week. and i probably will this week. but that lasts a few months and then i miss out. but i also workout at home too. :) i think 3-4 times a week would be efficient enough.. but whats really important is tracking your calories in and out. i really recommend myfitnesspal.com

I'm doing Jenny Craig and watching what I eat, but I'm having trouble getting back into a workout routine.  I need motivation!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image jennuinne:

image sarack:
    when i'm being good, i go daily. like last week. and i probably will this week. but that lasts a few months and then i miss out. but i also workout at home too. :) i think 3-4 times a week would be efficient enough.. but whats really important is tracking your calories in and out. i really recommend myfitnesspal.com

I'm doing Jenny Craig and watching what I eat, but I'm having trouble getting back into a workout routine.  I need motivation!

is it having time for it? or is it just getting there? accountability really helps me. i don't know about you but my gym offers a free session with a trainer every month.. they weigh you and measure you and give you a new workout. i haven't worked out with one in a long time but it's mostly because i don't like the new wave of trainers.. or atleast haven't found one that i 'click' with. but i need to.

• image jennuinne:

image sarack:

is it having time for it? or is it just getting there? accountability really helps me. i don't know about you but my gym offers a free session with a trainer every month.. they weigh you and measure you and give you a new workout. i haven't worked out with one in a long time but it's mostly because i don't like the new wave of trainers.. or atleast haven't found one that i 'click' with. but i need to.

• image jennuinne:

image sarack:

Come do the RnR 1/2 marathon with me!! 

• after the wedding I had a small surgery and I am not allowd to exercise for another few weeks, but after all restrictions are lifted I hope to start running 3-4 days per week again.  I'm deciding whether or not to just keep on that schedule for a year and then start marathon training again or just dive right back in...
  • i answered pre-pregnancy..cause i'm definitely *not* working out right now...walking slowly for 5 mins gets me out of breath.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • I answered pre-injury :(

My workout routine is 2-3x week weight training with a trainer

Lots of general walking

Sometimes 2-3x cardio workouts, but not always

2-3x hot yoga 

• image sarack:
    image jennuinne:

image sarack:

It's totally about getting there.  I was great when I had a trainer, but I think all the ones at my gym now are lame. I'm afraid of those free ones b/c I feel like they just try to sell you training.  You don't get that from them? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image therickson:
    image jennuinne:

image sarack:

I don't know if I'm up for that!  I have a friend that keeps trying to get me to do them w/ her...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image jennuinne:
    image therickson:
    I don't know if I'm up for that!  I have a friend that keeps trying to get me to do them w/ her...
    Would a 5K or 10K be a more manageable motivator?
    EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)