Trouble in Paradise
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What do you think of this?

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/58725734.aspx

Not the OP, but one of the posters who reponds to the post. I haven't had my coffee yet, but I feel very irritated at the "horror" of leaving a 6 month old baby to go to the gym. While I agree that 2.5 hours is a bit excessive at the gym, I think the mentality that letting someone else take care of your baby while you take care of yourself is wrong is what makes me feel stabby.

Re: What do you think of this?

• Unless the mother is leaving the kid at home alone for 2 and 1/2 hours, that poster needs to STFU. Although why anyone would want to exercise for that long is beyond me.

Signed,

Extremely lazy person

image "Evolutionary game theorists...ignoring beebees on the nest since 2005"
  • image doglove:

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/58725734.aspx

Not the OP, but one of the posters who reponds to the post. I haven't had my coffee yet, but I feel very irritated at the "horror" of leaving a 6 month old baby to go to the gym. While I agree that 2.5 hours is a bit excessive at the gym, I think the mentality that letting someone else take care of your baby while you take care of yourself is wrong is what makes me feel stabby.

I don't get why she's so up in arms about it, but it seems like she is the only one.  I would love to know her thoughts on daycare.  Or maybe daycare is different because it isn't Mom being "selfish" at the gym?  Also, I think that poster has a reputation for being BSC...I can't remember what board called her out most recently.

• image KatiesCats:
      Also, I think that poster has a reputation for being BSC...I can't remember what board called her out most recently.

She does have a lot of posts and a half marathon badge, but I couldn't remember any of her other stuff from H&F.

• Yeah, that makes me stabby too.  I would love to know her attitude about daycare in general.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• image doglove:

image KatiesCats:
      Also, I think that poster has a reputation for being BSC...I can't remember what board called her out most recently.

She does have a lot of posts and a half marathon badge, but I couldn't remember any of her other stuff from H&F.

I'm having trouble finding anything with my Google Fu, since she's usually referred to as Jilly, and that's tough to find.  But she did leave her 9-week-old with a sitter the other night...I bet that was more than 2 1/2 hours.

• image KatiesCats:
    But she did leave her 9-week-old with a sitter the other night...I bet that was more than 2 1/2 hours.

Surprise The horror!

• I havent read this post since yesterday afternoon but i know which one you are talking about. I am not sure why it would be so hard to cut off 5 minutes from her exercise routine, it cant be that huge of a deal and wont make that big of a difference and if it does well then you have bigger issues. I do recall her being bsc too but cant remember why.
    [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/90xcaw.jpg[/IMG]
  • Katie, I love when you call people out on their shiit.

In terms of fitting in the workout, if it's a matter of five minutes, I'd just up my intensity and cut my time. But if it was an hour or something, I'd talk to management. And I'm not posting this in the OP because I don't care enough to go back and check it!

- namaste mothafockaaaas - image
  • image Pinkplasticdoll:
    I havent read this post since yesterday afternoon but i know which one you are talking about. I am not sure why it would be so hard to cut off 5 minutes from her exercise routine, it cant be that huge of a deal and wont make that big of a difference and if it does well then you have bigger issues. I do recall her being bsc too but cant remember why.

I know, I have read some BSC posts from the OP as well. It seems weird she can't cut her workout short 5 minutes.

• image doglove:

I know, I have read some BSC posts from the OP as well. It seems weird she can't cut her workout short 5 minutes.

This is what I didn't understand either.  This gym is helping you out by having DC on site.  How about working WITH them?  I'm sure they have their reasons for the time limits.  She could at least ask about that before deciding they need to do what works best for HER instead of her working w/ them....
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Oh, but she explained that she's not judging anyone who would leave their kid at the daycare gym for 2.5 hours, she just thinks it's cruel and you can get all the exercise you need chasing your rugrats around the playground.  You know, because six-month olds are so mobile.
  • Her first response screams mommy martyr.

My gym has a limit of 90 minutes, but I'd absolutely leave DD in there longer if that was an option.  I would prefer to workout for a full 90 minutes and take a shower there.  If I had another child and that option, I might leave them in there for longer than 90 minutes.  I would rather the 6 month old be with the childcare people than sitting in a bouncer while I shower at home.  If I get pregnant again, I plan on putting them in the childcare at the gym at 8 weeks if I feel physically up to exercising again.  Go ahead and call CPS now.  Confused

I read an article once about parents grossly overestimating the amount of calories burned playing with their toddlers, but I can't remember where I read it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Her response is ridiculous.

ETA - I am so irrationally angry at that thread. I don't think I can open it anymore.