Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I'm bored, so a survey it is...

1. Of all your habits, which would be the hardest to break?

2. You can choose your last meal. What will the menu consist of?

3. Your favorite quote....can be inspirational, funny, etc

4. If I had an extra $1,000 right now, I would.....

5. If I had an extra $10,000 right now, I would.....

6. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?

7. My biggest pet peeve is.....

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: I'm bored, so a survey it is...

• 1. Of all your habits, which would be the hardest to break? Drinking alcohol... ugh, that makes me sound like an alcoholic, but I swear I'm not.

2. You can choose your last meal. What will the menu consist of? raw oysters, medium rare steak, lobster tail, and a bottle of red wine and trophy cupcakes

3. Your favorite quote....can be inspirational, funny, etc Some people do arts and crafts, we judge... - Stanford Blatch from SATC

4. If I had an extra $1,000 right now, I would..... bank it

5. If I had an extra $10,000 right now, I would..... put it towards H's SLs

6. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose? Mad Men!

7. My biggest pet peeve is..... when people say "lets touch base"
  • 1. Of all your habits, which would be the hardest to break? Drinking coffee/Starbucks.

2. You can choose your last meal. What will the menu consist of? Hmmm...pasta, wine, bread and gelato.

3. Your favorite quote....can be inspirational, funny, etc I have no idea.

4. If I had an extra $1,000 right now, I would..... Put it in savings. (maybe spend $100 on shoes/clothes)

5. If I had an extra $10,000 right now, I would..... Start TTC and/or buy a new car (that will fit a baby).

6. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose? How I Met Your Mother.

7. My biggest pet peeve is..... I have so many!  Making loud noises w/ your mouth/eating w/ mouth open.  It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. Of all your habits, which would be the hardest to break?

Eating cheese, I cannot imagine what I would do with 75% of my meals if I couldn't eat cheese.

I recently answered this in an AMA, but here it is again:  Twice baked potato with 2-3 different kinds of cheese, a huge side of TJ's Black Bean Dip with mexican shredded cheese melted in with tortilla chips (extra salty), and a HUGE mug of Manny's.

It's the economy, stupid - James Carville 

Put half into shared Savings account with DH, and then buy a bunch of new clothes... my wardrobe needs a little growth right now.

pool together all our savings and start looking for a house.

6. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?

Storage Wars

An unhealthy sense of entitlement 

OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • 1.    Drinking soda

2.    White Castle, Chicken strips and baked sweet potato from Longhorn, Southwestern Eggrolls from Chili's.... I miss my mid-western restaurants!

3.   Pee on the runway, there's a sea plane coming in.-- Not sure who it came from originally, but one of our college friend's dad used to say it.

4.  Put it in savings for our house.

5.  Invest it, put it towards a new vehicle

6.  I'm really not sure..........

7.  People who don't bathe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Of all your habits, which would be the hardest to break? Toss up between red wine and diet pepsi. I would die without either.

2. You can choose your last meal. What will the menu consist of?  A Tasting menu from one of the top hotels in Vegas along with my dads chicken and rice, a caribou hot dog and a magnum of wine.

3. Your favorite quote....can be inspirational, funny, etc - The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

4. If I had an extra $1,000 right now, I would..... Go on vacation

5. If I had an extra $10,000 right now, I would.....Go on a bigger vacation

6. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose? Diners, Drive ins and Dives!

7. My biggest pet peeve is..... I have two. 1) People having ridiculous phone conversations on the bus and 2) my husband undressing and leaving 1/2 his dam clothes on the dining room floor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image kinmir30:

1. Of all your habits, which would be the hardest to break? procrastination

2. You can choose your last meal. What will the menu consist of? this is really hard...I think it would be a mix of mexican and italian...odd combo, I know....I'd want some killer chips and salsa, enchiladas, and maybe some yummy pasta....with tiramisu as dessert.

3. Your favorite quote....can be inspirational, funny, etc I have a lot of favorite quotes....so maybe that means I don't have a favorite....lol. Here's one I like that I thought of today..."It's never too late to be what you might have been"  by George Eliot

4. If I had an extra $1,000 right now, I would.....put it towards CC debt...that would pay off 4 out of 5 cards I have

5. If I had an extra $10,000 right now, I would.....buy a one year lease for a place in Maui so H and I can move there with no worries of finances

6. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose? Grey's Anatomy

7. My biggest pet peeve is..... I have a lot of these too....here's one....when a sentence starts with...."Not to be rude but...." or anything along those lines.

• 1. Of all your habits, which would be the hardest to break? Sweets.

2. You can choose your last meal. What will the menu consist of? Victorian filet steak with loaded baked potatoes and au jus.

3. Your favorite quote....can be inspirational, funny, etc "A room without books is like a body without a soul." Marcus Tullius Cicero

4. If I had an extra $1,000 right now, I would..... Buy DH his anniversary present and use the rest for our anniversary vacation.

5. If I had an extra $10,000 right now, I would..... Pay off the rest of the bills, put the rest in savings for our down payment.

6. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose? How I Met Your Mother

7. My biggest pet peeve is.....People not putting things back where they found them.
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • image kinmir30:
    image kinmir30:

7. My biggest pet peeve is..... I have a lot of these too....here's one....when a sentence starts with...."Not to be rude but...." or anything along those lines.

Kind of like when people say, "I'm not racist, but..."

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image jennuinne:
    image kinmir30:
    image kinmir30:

Kind of like when people say, "I'm not racist, but..."

exactly! 

• 1. Of all your habits, which would be the hardest to break?
    sarcasm--i can't deal with dumb people.

image uwhuskygirl:

2. You can choose your last meal. What will the menu consist of? raw oysters, medium rare steak, lobster tail, and a bottle of red wine and trophy cupcakes

this....except i want blue-rare steak, an extra lobster tail, throw in some giant seared scallops,  some blue/stinky cheese, and the trophy has to be some form of chocolate.

anything from my dumb-comedy (step brothers, role models, super troopers) movies...i quote these movies like a boy would.

start the nursery

college savings account for the baby

if i were to be "trapped", it'd have to be one where good things happen all the time.....like..on the bachelorette or something where they get to go on fancy extravagant dates and stuff all the time.

is people who complain about something w/o trying to remedy it first (i.e. people who complain about politics, but don't even attempt to vote, or research anything about what they're complaining about).

#2. when people constantly complain about seattle-weather. if you don't like it, move. every city has it's positives and negatives--you have family/friends/job here? deal with the weather. or go somewhere else and have great weather, and deal with the lack of job/family/friends, etc.

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • 1. Of all your habits, which would be the hardest to break? Sweets (especially chocolate), second is probably Internet, as I'm getting a taste of it without having it at our new home and I feel like I'm going crazy

2. You can choose your last meal. What will the menu consist of? Appetizer: large cheese assortment (to include brie, Rogue Smokey Blue, Humboldt Fog, Bucheron) Purple crackers, fig jam, and the best baguette
    Soup: H's Butternut Squash Soup with toasted pumpkin seeds
    Entree: Medium butterflied filet mignon with demi-glace and gorgonzola sauces, baked potato with salt, butter, sour cream, chives, and bacon, grilled asparagus with olive oil and vingar, salt & pepper, side salad of mixed greens, balsamic vinaigrette, toasted/candied pecans, cranberries
    Dessert: Chocolate lava cake with butter caramel sauce and blackberry coulis sprinkled with toffee brittle and chocolate covered cocoa nibs, trio of gelato (Pear and chocolate from Bottega Italiano, Pistachio from d'Ambrosio)

Whole meal with the perfect wine flight AND a side of champagne, espresso after dessert.

Can't think of one right now even though I only have a handful.

Buy some power tools, take some days off work, hire someone to come help me get the whole house organized

Do the same as above, plus redecorate the LR (new curtains, furniture), pay someone to do the kitchen work, buy new W/D (I don't really like ours), and put anything remaining in savings.

6. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose? Hmm...I'm inclined to say Gossip Girl for the clothes, the trips, and the parties. Plus I'd be in Manhattan with jaunts to Paris, and tropical parts, and I could just spend my days going to the Met and shopping couture.

7. My biggest pet peeve is.....I can't pick just one. But for survey's sake, I'll say any wiggling/jiggling/fidgeting in my line of sight or that affects the floor I'm on or the chair/bench, or monitor I'm looking at, etc. And shuffling feet. Pick up your damn feet!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers