Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

FBC- Book set during war?

Do you gals think Little Women would count under this catagory for the FBC? Oh and I still need a partner for the 15 pt challenge if someone is still looking for one :)

Re: FBC- Book set during war?

• I'd count it because I'm pretty sure the war going on is a plot point of some kind (the father leaves to do something war-related, right?) Plus, aren't they more rationed or something and that impacts their lives? I've only read about half the book, so I know/remember very little, but I seem to recall the war mattering to them a bit.

Now, if I have that totally wrong and the only connection to war is the years it takes place, that's different. 

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Absolutely!  Father is in the war and Marmie and the girls are doing things to help the war effort.  Read away!
  • Thanks ladies! I was having trouble filling that catagory :)

• I'll be your partner! I fell off the face of the Earth while everyone else was picking partners...http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3788268-kristen
    Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Ok sweetrhythms! Apparently I'm just a late starter Stick out tongue I'll get back to you with a choice. My link is in my sig

• Okay, I've chosen a book for you. I'm going to go with "Bumped" by Megan McCafferty. I really loved her other series (Jessica Darling series) and I'm curious to find out what this book is like. So it may be for selfish reasons since it's on my list too, but let me know how you like it.

• Okay I'm going to go with Me Talk Pretty One Day because I love David Sedaris and that's one of my favorites.  I hope you'll think it's as hilarious as I do!
    Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Thanks partner!

• image sweetrhythms:
    Okay I'm going to go with Me Talk Pretty One Day because I love David Sedaris and that's one of my favorites.  I hope you'll think it's as hilarious as I do!

I love David Sedaris too!!! And this book was my favorite also.

my read shelf:
    Jennifer *th!nks3xy*'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)