Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

republican biznatches come in

How do you feel about this?
"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse

Re: republican biznatches come in

• It was posted (well he didn't make it but reposted from elsewhere) by a conservative friend of mine as a "response" (mockery) of the Elizabeth Warren actual quote that's circulating.

I can take my lumps as a treehugger, but I found this creepy.

Then the dude in question messaged me and asked me to go with him to a hockey game.

Errrrr.....

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • "boarder"
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • I loved the original quote, but uh, yeah. They aren't actually insinuating that is similar right?
  • image WendyToo:
    I loved the original quote, but uh, yeah. They aren't actually insinuating that is similar right?

I don't really know what the point is, but I know my eyebrows went up at "most of the people you have sex with will be people you choose." Does that mean girls can get any guy they want? or is there a drunk date rapey vibe there?

• image _Fenton:

image WendyToo:
    I loved the original quote, but uh, yeah. They aren't actually insinuating that is similar right?

I don't really know what the point is, but I know my eyebrows went up at "most of the people you have sex with will be people you choose." Does that mean girls can get any guy they want? or is there a drunk date rapey vibe there?

I think that may be grasping. Someone thought they were being funny I think. Besides, the republicans usually just like to tell you who you CAN'T have sex with, not so much who you can.
  • I'm willing to bet the person who made this didn't consider the tone or the implications of the date-rapey vibe. Morons.

Don't go to the hockey game with this dude. Unless he's really hot.

I'm actually pretty curious how our more conservative posters feel about her original quote.

Also, I want Hillary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren to have big gay babies together. Or something.

• I think this is just a chauvinistic take on the whole thing.  The message is "Hey hot girls, you have to sleep with us slobs too!" and not "3 'o clock, I'm gonna rape you.  Be there."
  • image CaliopeSpidrman:
    "3 'o clock, I'm gonna rape you.  Be there."

I always laugh way too hard at this.

• Which party doesn't pay the taxes necessary for roads, education, and such? The Dems? Okay, I'll sign up for that.

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ivjh92.jpg[/IMG]
  • It's just stupid. So stupid I can't tell if it is misogynistic or anti-liberal or both. I can tell it does not have any sort of impact because I can't figure it out.

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • image _Fenton:

image CaliopeSpidrman:

There is no way you can laugh too hard at that.  It's hilarious.

• You guys shouldn't joke about rape. Not cool.
  • image _Fenton:

image CaliopeSpidrman:

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • image modb1rd:
    It's just stupid. So stupid I can't tell if it is misogynistic or anti-liberal or both. I can tell it does not have any sort of impact because I can't figure it out.

Whew. Now I don't feel like such a moron. It doesn't even make sense to me.

• It is just a stupid misogynisticvstatement that some random moron created.  Fent, unless this guy is hot and you are guaranteed to get some and never have to deal with him again--don't do it.