Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

iPad owners

Have any of you found that you don't use them, don't like them?

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy

Re: iPad owners

• I'm on our laptop right now.  I hate typing more than quick one liners on it.  I can't (don't want to) edit photos on it.  I hate reading on it.  I like it for limited things.  Games, casual browsing, casual reading, facebook, keeping Mucho occupied with bubbles or Elmo.  I'm not as in love with it as I once was.  It is not irreplaceable, like my kindle. 

Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • I'm on it constantly.  But, part of that is probably because I don't like nesting on my work computer, so I use it during the day to check the board.  I also use it to stream TV shows on Netflix or the NBC or ABC apps while I'm getting ready in the mornings or in the kitchen cooking.  I even carry it into the bathroom to watch on the rare occasion I do my hair.  Sitting around at night watching TV, I play games, mess around on various apps, etc.  And when I get in bed at night, I'm usually reading on it, watching shows on it, playing online, etc.  Just a few weeks ago we had a bunch of friends over sitting on the patio and we were just playing around with it playing group games and watching funny youtube videos.  So, yeah.  Blah blah blah.  I have NOT had that problem.  I think I'm going to get an iPad 2 soon so D can have mine.  He's been travelling a lot for work so I feel like he should have one.  
  • mr. mod thinks we would use facetime a lot. I am interested in something smaller, lighter for use in bed, while watching tv, traveling. He left his with me for about a week and I didn't use it much. I can't tell if that was because it wasn't mine, so i had to log in and out of every account etc, or if I just wouldn't use it.

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • Facetime sucks.  We get calls dropped constantly.  We usually revert to Skype, which now has an ipad app.

We have a "no ipads, laptops, or blackberries" in the bedroom rule, so that might skew my opinion.  kindles ok b/c reading in bed is ok.

plus, its annoying to have to turn java on and off to post here.

but maybe i am a whiner. 

• I guess I'm just a better iPad owner than Lindsay.
  • i haven't had it long enough to have discovered all of its utility, nor for the thrill of a new toy to wear off. so, i still like. the typing on it can be a pain in the tookus.
  • image ChristinS:
    I guess I'm just a better iPad owner than Lindsay.

Help me, Obi Wan Christin, you're my only hope.  How do I get around the java on and off thing?? 

• I love it just not as an e-reader. We use it for web browsing while watching tv doing random things. I also like to curl up in bed and stream movies or tv shows because we don't have a tv in our room. I also use it a lot in the kitchen to cook recipes I don't feel like printing.

I don't do much posting on the board with it, but the java thing can be annoying. I mostly  just read on the ipad and go to the computer if I want to post something long. 

This wouldn't be an issue for you, but it's a GREAT toddler occupation tool. Ipad was seriously one of his first words. 

• I go in fits and starts. For awhile I kept it by my bed and used it every night/morning for reading/playing games/interneting. But it's been downstairs for a few weeks and I don't think about it much.

I do LOVE it when I travel. It's nice to have something bigger than my phone and smaller than my laptop, but it's by no means a replacement for either. 

Mine is the first generation, and it's not 3G. I do think I would use it more if it didn't require wifi. 

• image lindsayll:

image ChristinS:
    I guess I'm just a better iPad owner than Lindsay.

Help me, Obi Wan Christin, you're my only hope.  How do I get around the java on and off thing?? 

No worries dear.  I've scheduled us an "Loving your iPad" training session from 2:30 to 4:00 on Friday at the Shoar.  Please try to leave that time available.  It's on the spreadsheet. 
  • Why is the typing annoying?? I need to know. Was thinking of getting one to blog. Hate bringing the laptop in bed. We have no such Lindsay rule because I'd be bored as sh*t seeing as B gets narcoleptic at 10p. He's talking then 2 seconds later he's asleep. So sometimes if I'm not even close to tired I bring the laptop up to our room. But it's a pain. Thought the iPad would be great. The iPhone is just too small. Like Goldie Locks I need something "just right".
  • TSD - I think it's pretty much like typing on a giant iPhone. It's easier than that obviously, but for long stuff it would be annoying. A touchscree keyboard is just not going to be as fast or easy as a real keyboard.
  • The java script thing is pretty annoying, but I've been pretty addicted to it since I got it in July. And now my mom wants to get one so she can face time with the baby. Great for travel too.
    DSC_0768
    Claire Elizabeth 12/31/2011
    Married Bio
  • I love it for watching TV, traveling, checking emails but like Lindsay I hate typing on it. So that sucks. 

I thought buying the keyboard would help my usage but not really.

I don't mind reading on it but I prefer the kindle for reading.

image Josephine is 4.