Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

who is here

i am.
I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy

Re: who is here

• i'm wicked drunk.
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • I just finished uploading my photo for the day. I think I'm about to go to bed. I'm old.
  • Me. We didn't know what to do with E to tire him out. So we drove 20 min to my hometown and ate in the only good restaurant there. Then we took him to the football game. I don't know why. Neither of us watch football and I haven't been to a game at my HS since I was in 8th grade in the marching band. But, we went and I felt OLD. I saw my brother's babysitter's daughter there who is 16 or 17. I'm looking at her thinking, WE used to be the KIDS. But, E LOVED the marching band. Now, we're home, B fell asleep in the middle of getting E ready for bed, so now I'm watching the news and d*cking around on the net.
  • me. trying to update the firmware on my camera, missing Mr. Mod (he'll be home in a couple hours), pretending the bedroom isn't filthy

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • At work they're doing a drive to get people to register to be potential bone marrow donors. They do a swab and send your germs off to a registry and if you ever come up as a potential donor they ask for a blood sample. If you are a match they do a full health evaluation and some education stuff. If you decide to donate they cover all of your medical and transportation costs to donate. I'm thinking about signing up for the registry. Ive heard its a pretty painful process and chances are low of being asked to donate, but it seems like a nice opportunity to really help other people in need. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Would you do it?
  • I have been a member of the registry since 1998 and have never even been a potential match. I met a woman from my job who had actually donated and she said it wasn't that bad. Usually Caucasian people have to pay to end up on the registry so if your office is doing a drive, I'd do it.

Book Review Blog

• I just saw this post and thought "ohhh.  I bet she's drunk!"  I'm stone cold sober.  Been straightening up the house tonight getting food ready for a winery trip tomorrow.  Blah boo.  I'm boring.

I saw a vintage 30 Rock while at the gym today.  I miss those old episodes.  "By the hammer of Thor!" 

• I'm here.  Currently drinking Deschutes The Stoic as Delilah is sleeping on my lap.  I should really take her up to bed, but I'm being lazy.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • image modb1rd:

I have been a member of the registry since 1998 and have never even been a potential match. I met a woman from my job who had actually donated and she said it wasn't that bad. Usually Caucasian people have to pay to end up on the registry so if your office is doing a drive, I'd do it.

They cover any and all expenses. They're doing 5 days of membership drive onsite in a couple weeks including a full day in my building. I know they were targeting minorities because there is a shortage of minority donors, but I don't get why anyone would pay (or need to) to be on the registry.
  • Me, I'm here! Catching up on TV.

So far, homeownership is foffing exhausting. 

The poster formerly known as PDXPhotoGrl
  • image WendyToo:
    At work they're doing a drive to get people to register to be potential bone marrow donors. They do a swab and send your germs off to a registry and if you ever come up as a potential donor they ask for a blood sample. If you are a match they do a full health evaluation and some education stuff. If you decide to donate they cover all of your medical and transportation costs to donate. I'm thinking about signing up for the registry. Ive heard its a pretty painful process and chances are low of being asked to donate, but it seems like a nice opportunity to really help other people in need. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Would you do it?
    B & I are part of the registry and would be a marrow donor if called. There is a now 2 yr old boy that is in E's music school who needs a marrow transplant. We went to the drive for him. We weren't matched for him, but kind of hope to be a match for someone. We know a boy who is now 8 I think, that a transplant saved his life. Good karma.
  • image WendyToo:
    image modb1rd:

I have been a member of the registry since 1998 and have never even been a potential match. I met a woman from my job who had actually donated and she said it wasn't that bad. Usually Caucasian people have to pay to end up on the registry so if your office is doing a drive, I'd do it.

They cover any and all expenses. They're doing 5 days of membership drive onsite in a couple weeks including a full day in my building. I know they were targeting minorities because there is a shortage of minority donors, but I don't get why anyone would pay (or need to) to be on the registry.

Because running the registry is expensive and they don't get enough grants to cover it all. I *think* but am not sure that if you pay to join it is a 501c3 donation. Mr. Mod paid to join when one of our friends was diagnosed with leukemia but I don't remember how much.

Book Review Blog

• image scienarasucka:

Me, I'm here! Catching up on TV.

What have you been up to with that new house lady?  Have we seen pictures?
  • We didn't have to pay either, but a donation was asked for. I think this kid comes from some money or a VERY strong Jewish community because they're doing drives for him in other countries. They've made three matches so far from all the drives for him. There's a FB page for him, a website I think...when we did it he was 18 mo and still no match. The kid we know who did get a match got his from Italy. It was his second. His body rejected the first.
  • yeah I joined at a pow wow right when I got to California.

Book Review Blog

• image ChristinS:
    image scienarasucka:

Me, I'm here! Catching up on TV.

What have you been up to with that new house lady?  Have we seen pictures?

There's been some on Facebook but I don't think I have here/

Gosh, so much. The biggest issue is that the guy was a chain smoker, so we had to scrub every surface including walls.  

Here's a gross picture. The right side has been washed, the left side has not.

We ripped the carpet out and pulled up all the nailboards and staples. Here's a picture from right after we took out the carpet.

This weekend/week we are painting. Next weekend we are sanding and refinishing the floors and the landscapers come to make us a pretty backyard. Then the next weekend we move in! 

But I tell you what. This is our last fixer home. We just do not have the time and carving it out has been pretty painful and required us to call in lots of favors.

The poster formerly known as PDXPhotoGrl
  • Cute! But holy crap does that sound exhausting. Still, it'll feel so good when it's all done. Hang in there! I despise painting.