Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Finally getting this moving and a question...

I had my appointment with my MD today to figure out why I have had one, 2 day period in a year and a half. I've been charting and figured out that I am not ovulating on my own. The doc said she didn't see anything that were red flags and I had my first pap smear and some blood drawn. They are checking hormone levels, thyroid function, and a pregnancy test. If the pregnancy test comes back negative (which I am expecting it to) then I start Provera next week.

My question is that the doctor agreed (the third doc to do so) that I most likely have PCOS. If all of the doctors are thinking this, then shouldn't they be doing some defenitive tests? Is there something that I should be taking? We aren't planning on TTC until the end of 2012 so I'm not sure if they should be doing something now or not.

Thanks for some help ladies!

image image
Anniversary

Re: Finally getting this moving and a question...

• To my understanding, PCOS affects more than fertility. I have several friends who have no intention of having children and are being treated for it. Is this your regular doctor or your OB/GYN?

• image BlackDiamond3201:

To my understanding, PCOS affects more than fertility. I have several friends who have no intention of having children and are being treated for it. Is this your regular doctor or your OB/GYN?

My OB/GYN

image image
    Anniversary
  • Unfortunately there arent too many tests for PCOS, typically is a diagnosis of exclusion.  They are also going to rule out other disorders.  I was being tested for PCOS- irregular menses (long cycles) not ovulating on my own and it took 3 months with an RE to diagnosis me with a pituitary tumor.  Im on meds now, and my hormone levels have just leveled out.  They are going to rule out everythign.  Best to do it now before ttc, so that when you do, hopefully it will happen 1, 2, 3.. Good luck.  Keep ya head up!!
    Soon to be MRS. B- proof that dreams really do come true! FIRST 5-K 10/2/2011- Diva 5 k....37.48-im a work in progress