Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

It's Official - Rock N Roll 1/2!

I went to the DetermiNation info meeting last night and after getting reassured for the 1000th time that I could cross the finish line, I signed up for the Rock N Roll 1/2 Marathon!

I'm really excited to do this with a team and they have lots of fun events too. I'm going to the Ladies Night Out at a local running store in a few weeks, and in 2 weeks official group training begins!! I'm more excited than I thought I would be. They have real, certified running coaches at the group runs so I will come out of this (hopefully) with better form, speed and endurance!

I'm even pumped about the fundraising part of it. I kind of stole this from another runner but scaled it down - I'm doing 13 miles for 13 survivors and with a fundraising goal of $1,300!!!!

Re: It's Official - Rock N Roll 1/2!

• That's awesome!  You can (and will) cross the finish line and you'll love it!

When is the 1/2?  I'm really jealous of your official training.  I'd love to get a coach!

• The race is 3/4/2012. You have the option of a full, 1/2 or a 1/2 relay.

Yeah I'm definitely pumped to have coaches involved!

The ACS has these in lots of major cities, so you may find one near you!

• Yay! That's exciting. RnR NOLA is a great race. Good luck with your training!
    Karen 7.28.07

Running on the Rhode

I hate you very much
  • That's great and I'm sure running for a cause will make it even more rewarding! I'm planning to do the DC RnR also in March, so I'll look forward to hearing about your race.
    BabyFruit Ticker