Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

my petty vents

1) Our coffee pot crapped out yesterday.  When I poured the water in the back, it gushed out from underneath.  It was a cheap one anyway, but we just got it last June (2010).  I'd love suggestions if you love your coffee pot.  We are looking to get a better quality one this time, so we're willing to spend what it takes.  We do not want a single cup one, though.

2) We have been spending WAY too much money lately.  We go through these phases where we just bleed money for no reason:  eating out, silly stops at the grocery store, etc.

3) I got the old navy email this morning about their sweaters.  I looked at the website and there are like 7 sweaters that I like.  Because of #2 above, I need to go without. :(

T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.

Re: my petty vents

• sucky!  Although as far as shopping goes, I'm convinced it can fix anything - online shopping is particularly good at curing colds ;)
  • 1. I highly recommend a french press. You can get multi cup ones and they're ahmazing. I have 2 from the Bodum Chambord line and they're so great. We've had one for about 3 years and the other for about 2 years and they've held up really well. You can even make loose leaf teas in them.

2. I feel your pain. This is us right now too. 

3. I feel your pain some more. I still want to get some black booties, but need to out the kibosh on shopping because of #2. 

• image image image
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • image amandasw:
    sucky!  Although as far as shopping goes, I'm convinced it can fix anything - online shopping is particularly good at curing colds ;)

this. exactly. shop using coupons, etc...use ebates if you want to buy something from old navy, and you can totally justify it Big Smile

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • image jennlin:

image amandasw:
    sucky!  Although as far as shopping goes, I'm convinced it can fix anything - online shopping is particularly good at curing colds ;)

this. exactly. shop using coupons, etc...use ebates if you want to buy something from old navy, and you can totally justify it Big Smile

bad influence! the both of you!

TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • image jennlin:

use ebates if you want to buy something from old navy, and you can totally justify it Big Smile

ooh what's this!?  how did I now know about it!?

• image amandasw:
    image jennlin:

use ebates if you want to buy something from old navy, and you can totally justify it Big Smile

ebates is awesome....i discovered it...maybe 3 months ago? i've gotten about 40 bucks back in "rebates" through just regular online shopping....and this is even when i forget to use ebates half the time... you just go to ebates....search your store..click, then shop normally. it's straight up cash too. not credit or anything.... sign up through my referral..and usually there's bonuses on both ends..i think right now you get free $10 for signing up? i'm not sure..... referral link here.

• image jennlin:
    image amandasw:
    image jennlin:

ebates is awesome....i discovered it...maybe 3 months ago? i've gotten about 40 bucks back in "rebates" through just regular online shopping....and this is even when i forget to use ebates half the time... you just go to ebates....search your store..click, then shop normally. it's straight up cash too. not credit or anything.... sign up through my referral..and usually there's bonuses on both ends..i think right now you get free $10 for signing up? i'm not sure..... referral link here.

cool!

• Okay, you've convinced me.  I'm going to start some Christmas shopping.  Hopefully that will alleviate my shopping desire, and not cost us anything (well, we have $ saved, so not any of our regular $).
  • image babyaustin725:
    Okay, you've convinced me.

Devil

if it's stuff you were going to buy anyways...it's only a matter of time before that money is spent!

• BabyAustin - We have the same Cuisinart coffee maker as KB, and I'd highly, highly recommend it! It's a bit more of an investment, but they hold up really well. I also get compliments on how good of coffee it makes when we have people over!

Jenn - thanks for the ebates referral! I had no idea about that, but I'm jumping on board. You made my day!

2012 Racing Plans:
    Valentine's Day Dash 5k, 02/11/2012, 33:03
    Seahawks 12k, 04/01/2012, 1:23:17
    Bellevue 10k, 04/29/2012
    Beat the Bridge 8k, 05/20/2012
    Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon, 06/23/2012
    ...more to come!
  • image MerrileeKate:

Jenn - thanks for the ebates referral! I had no idea about that, but I'm jumping on board. You made my day!

woo! let me know if you have any questions---i love-love-love ebates! there are SO many major stores that they work with, that i forget lots of time when i do my "regular" online shopping. the biggest ticket ones are expedia, orbitz, and lots of major airlines. your cash-back builds up FAST with those ones... enjoy!