September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Fvck you, Thursday

How is it only Thursday?  And why do I have 2 new pimples?  And why did the sox lose and why did I only get 5 hours of sleep last night?  (The answers to most of these questions are addressed in today's blog.)

Feel like an asshat because I was responsible for ordering Chinese food for a board meeting at work last night.  There were 8 people, I ordered a variety of dishes in the "catering size" (each dish said it fed 4 people).  Well I came in to work today to see that really, each dish served about 10 people, and clearly hardly any of it was eaten.   All that money...I feel like an idiot.

Taking today off from running.  It has been 5 shatty days in a row of running, and I think the reason they are getting shatty is because I am possibly over trained?  Or just over running for right now.  Either way, I am taking a break until my last long run this weekend (10-11 miles).

Dinner with my folks and my aunt and uncle who are in town from VA tonight.  That will be a treat.

/End useless ramblings... 

Re: Fvck you, Thursday

• I agree, feck today.  Had a great workout last night (met a local Knottie), went grocery shopping, ate dinner, took shower, blow dried and straightened hair, put laundry away and crashed at 9:30p.  Pug face stepped on my head at 4am this morning.  Then proceeded to walk on my face, legs and back.  Turns out she had to potty.  Bad.  Took her outside in the freezing morning wind and watched her have the squirts.  Poor baby.  20 minutes and a mini-bath later, it was time to get up anyway.  Joy.

Two meetings today.  Meetings blow.  I plan on fecking off at all other points of the day.

• PS Shauni, it does sound like you're overtrained.  When is your race?  Shouldn't you be tapering by now?
  • Shauni-  chinese food is hard to predict for people.  I get a meal and it becomes 3 meals b/c it just fills me up so quick.  J on the other hand can eat the same meal in one sitting.  Plus, if it said each served 4 people (or whatever number you said), you used your best judgement.

Misty-  Sorry about sick doggy!!!  I always feel so bad when our dog is sick.  He always looks at me like he's ashamed or something and it melts my heart that he can't understand me saying "it's ok buddy!!!"

I just want it to be 430 on friday already.  last night i came home and did nothing.  Ate dinner, and as usual lately, was falling asleep by 8.  I've been slacking on going on walks lately, but more so b/c 1.) my feet have grown and my shoes are a little tight and 2.) I've been getting so freakin bored on my walks!!  I'm making J go with me tonight.  No reason he can't help me in trying to excersise with this baby.

Other than that, not much is new.  We have a monster match up football on saturday (us vs. Nebraska) so I'm pumped about that.  But we've also been busy at work preparing for that and working with ESPN for their coverage needs, etc.  There are already nebraska people in town, and right now it looks like there are about 10,000 nebraska fans coming but DON'T have tickets.  I will be avoiding the campus area at all costs on saturday. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Baby had cereal last night and DH took the overnight shift.  I am gloriously rested.  It's farking amazing.

More water in the basement last night, what a mess.  I wish this rain would just stop.

DH forgot his wallet this morning so I have to go get lunch for him and drop it off at his work.  I don't want to.  *sigh*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • image brew311:
    PS Shauni, it does sound like you're overtrained.  When is your race?  Shouldn't you be tapering by now?

race is next weekend (oct. 9).  i am supposed to really not do a "long" run this weekend (the training suggests you stop at 10 mile runs and then the week before the race do only 8 miles) but I went up to 12 miles and so this weekend i am backing off to 10.  taking 2 days off and next week after my 10 mile run i plan to just do two or three little runs, like 3-4 miles. 

• Susie - yay for cereal and H taking the night shift

Moleson - totally agree, let H go on walks with you to keep you company

Brew - Breaks my heart when the pup isn't feel well

Shauni - sounds like you deserve a break!

My last client cancelled, again, so I went home earlier than planned, changed into work out clothes, watched New Girl, then went to the military base to meet fellow walkers. I show my ID only to find out that base isn't an open base anymore and that I now need a pass which I have to get at another gate before I can get on. So I'll try again Monday since getting a pass would've taking forever and then I have no idea how to get to the place from the main gate, only gate 5 so I went home and waited on J who said he'd be 30 minutes...really he should've said 2 hours. 

I had a meeting this morning already. I don't feel like doing therapy and then a meeting at 3:45 and then testing a kiddo at the clinic at 5:30. I need it to be tomorrow bc I'm giving myself the rest of tomorrow off after I get done with the girly doctor.

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I went to see my endo this AM (previously scheduled appt) and she's taking me off all of my meds, which I stopped anyway just in case. I'm at really high risk for gestational diabetes (which could possibly remain as type II diabetes), so I have to REALLY watch what I eat. I have an appt with a nutritionist next month. Endo was absolutely FLOORED that I'm pregnant. I go to a teaching hospital for a lot of my stuff, so there were med students/interns and she turned to them and was like "this NEVER happens in a case like this." So I'm going to need to go for blood tests all the time to check how all sorts of random glands and organs are fuctioning. I should be pretty used to this by now.

In better news, I baked Italian bread last night. The professor picked one of my loaves as the "sample" loaf for how it's supposed to look. My other one was kinda oddly shaped, but I brought it home and it was delicious.

Also, no work for me tomorrow! We're flying to NC for BIL's wedding. I also have Monday off, so four day weekend for me!

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • You're not an idiot. It said four people! And now people can have leftovers for lunch.

I agree with you, take a break on the running.

This morning was awesome. New blog about it:

http://weinerwhistle.blogspot.com/2011/09/fake-holy-will-roll-you.html

Last night I picked Geege up along with his new prescription food for trash mouth dogs. He seemed ok. I didn't do much other than try to relax him by sitting around. I packed lunch and gym bag, washed a load of towels, and watched 90210 and Gossip Girl before MFD got home. When he got home we watched CSI. In bed snoozing by 10.

Very busy here this morning, I nearly missed the train because Geege wouldn't choke down his pain pill. JHC.

Lots to do tonight to make up for slovenliness last night. Ho hum.

• Misty, sorry ms. pug had the squirts. I hate dog stomach issues.
  • SusieQ-NO SHITSKIES on the rain. Enough. I feel bad for people who are flooding again.

QoA - HURRAH four day weekend and example loaf of bread!

• Last night SUCKED.  I got home and was exhausted with a slight headache, but I powered through it and did a ton of stuff in the kitchen - made dinner (venison tenderloin, yum!) and while I was working on caramelizing onions I thawed and cooked some chicken tenderloins in curry powder to supplement some leftover curry rice for lunch, and seasoned and seared some meat for a crock pot meal Friday.  Also did a load of laundry, folded what was already in the dryer, unloaded/loaded the dishwasher, and cleaned out the fridge. 

Jeff came some just as the tenderloin was done and I started to feel really nauseous.  I started burping and it burned, like acid, and I was thinking it must be acid reflux (which I've never had) until I threw up acid.  Just ACID, and a lot of it.  It burned so bad, and was coming out of my nose and even burned my eyes.  After that, water tasted really disgusting so I drank some Coke but the carbonation made things worse.  I finally ate an English muffin around 10:30 and fell asleep.  This morning my stomach and head feel fine but I feel like I was run over by a truck, I just want to crawl back into bed.  I still don't know WTF happened, it may have been a migraine that was exacerbated by an empty stomach (hence the acid), or..I dunno what.  I have leftover tenderloin for lunch, though, so that's a plus I suppose.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Morning (almost afternoon) ladies.

Pretty boring day for me yesterday, managed to get a little motivation by the end of the day to finish up the dishes and vaccuum the whole house. Made soup (from a can) and grilled cheese for dinner. Whoo. Then basically did nothing important for the rest of the night.

Working today, so I wont be able to check in a whole lot, but hopefully I'll be able to get on and catch up after we get home from groceries and stuff tonight. Hope everyone has a great day!

[url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • Laura, so sorry you were sick last night... That is definetely no fun.

Misty- sorry for sick pugface, but at least she woke you up to go outside, cleaning it up in the house would have been way worse.

Shauni- now I want Chinese. bah.

QofA- Glad the docs are on top of everything.... you'll probably be monitored a lot.

[url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • Is it Friday yet?  I've had short weeks for the past three weeks, so this week feels like the longest week ever.

Let me start off with a work rant.  I had a bottle of coffee creamer in the fridge.  I had not made coffee since right before I left for vaca.  At that time the bottle was nearly full.  I didn't buy coffee this morning and decided to make coffee at work.  I take out the bottle of creamer and there was just enough for my cup of coffee.  Grrr...my co-worker used just about all of it.  I want to give him a piece of my mind.

Whew...got that off my chest, not so irritated anymore.  Worked out last night and it felt so good.  Now I remember why I like working out.  Went grocery shopping at Safeway and bought a crap load of groceries and only spent $63!  DH was amazed.  I told him that I only buy stuff that is on sale (yeah I'm that cheap).  Had stuffed bell peppers for din last night and they were so yummy.

Tonight I am volunteering at winery for a fundraising event for the Crisis Center.  It's about 3-1/2 hours so it won't be so bad.  Since I'm working, I doubt I'll be able to do a wine tasting.  The event should be fun.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • Shauni- I woke up yesterday to three pimples.  WTF?!?!

Brew- Sorry about the poopy.

QOA- Mmmm...bread.  Sounds yummy

Who did I forget?

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • Good morning ladies.

I have recovered from yesterday finally, thanks to good strong coffee. Yesterday I got called at 6:15, after going to bed at 2:30am) for a subbing job. It was my first sub day ever and I got to sub for the head teacher. I got to bounce around to different classrooms, help out those teachers, and I had an hour and a half of lunch/recess duty. Left the school at 3:30, worked from 5 until 11:30, then came home did laundry and finally called it a night around 1. Thanking tiny baby jesus that I didn't get called again today since I am closing the restaurant again tonight. 

Our driveway was finally poured yesterday, since it was beautiful weather, and it looks fantastic. Unfortunately it is raining again today and we are having high wind gusts :( Goodbye beautiful fall leaves.

• Still morning here, if barely! 

We had baby basics class last night, and learned how to bathe and swaddle Predator, among other things.  There was a VERY annoying woman in the class who kept interrupting the instructor to ask questions that were either (a) dumb or (b) dumb AND had just been answered already.  As in, discussion about not giving pacifiers at hospital or anytime during the first two weeks if you are going to exclusively breastfeed, to avoid nipple confusion.  Her: My friend told me not to give a pacifier for 2-6 weeks, is that correct?  Me: I feel sorry for her child.  (TK has taught me well; "I feel sorry for your fiance/husband" is my favorite insult.)

Talked to H last night about me going off work early since I'm so uncomfortable and he was really supportive.  We agreed on 10/28 as a last day, so as of tomorrow I've only got 4 weeks left, yay! 

• image mushE:

Still morning here, if barely! 

We had baby basics class last night, and learned how to bathe and swaddle Predator, among other things.  There was a VERY annoying woman in the class who kept interrupting the instructor to ask questions that were either (a) dumb or (b) dumb AND had just been answered already.  As in, discussion about not giving pacifiers at hospital or anytime during the first two weeks if you are going to exclusively breastfeed, to avoid nipple confusion.  Her: My friend told me not to give a pacifier for 2-6 weeks, is that correct?  Me: I feel sorry for her child.  (TK has taught me well; "I feel sorry for your fiance/husband" is my favorite insult.)

Talked to H last night about me going off work early since I'm so uncomfortable and he was really supportive.  We agreed on 10/28 as a last day, so as of tomorrow I've only got 4 weeks left, yay! 

yay to only 4 weeks left!!!

We start our classes next week (6 wks long- first 2 about labor/deliever; middle about first couple weeks home with baby; and last 2 weeks about breastfeeding).  I'm glad to get them started and get them out of the way before the holiday craziness starts, but I'm nervous I might go off if there are some crazy obnoxious women.  I guess I'm more worried about the ones that have very strong believes and then try to impose them on others.  I will NOT hesitate to start a pregnant brawl if someone tells me that i'm ridiculous for wanting drugs or anything else i might want to do.  :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 4 weeks of work left, wow. It's getting so close!
  • I know, I can't believe it!  We've been convinced he'll come early, but to have really a max of 8 weeks left feels nuts. 

Mary, it's great that you're starting the classes early!  I was shocked that only two of us (out of 8 or so) are due in late Nov, with the others all due in late Oct.  We have 1 more birthing class left, and already everyone else is 36 weeks.  I would not feel comfortable leaving this kind of thing to the last minute.  A girl in our baby basics class last night is due NEXT TUESDAY.  Sheesh! 

I think my breastfeeding class isn't until October, but everything else will be done this month.