Atlanta Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

UGAdawg

did you find a squirrel remover???

Re: UGAdawg

• image ReadytobeMrs.B:
    did you find a squirrel remover???

for some reason, this cracks me up.

• We've had 2 different people come out to quote and sh*t they are expensive.  H called the company you sent me but they are apparently very busy and can't come out til next week.  I think we have a third guy coming tomorrow. 

The two that came out seem insistent upon wrapping the whole top of our house in metal to prevent this from happening again but they each want $1400 to do it.  They quoted closer to $200 to just take care of the current problem but when H tries to figure out what that $200 actually gets us they go back to the $1400 crap.  Seriously, I'm about to pop a kid out of my vag, we can't spend $1400 right now! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree that it's a crazy expense, but if you don't want to deal with the problem again, the sealing is worth it. They put in metal along our roof-line (I haven't seen it, but I think DH said it was a mesh) in our attic to prevent the little buggers from getting back in. I know they also sealed off some other common areas where they can get in.

Believe me, after our horrible mouse problems just to have the !@#$ squirrel within months, that was it. We didn't want to spend the money, but we didn't want to mess with this BS again.

Later, we found out that the mice most likely migrated from another home that had been foreclosed. When it got cleaned up/sealed before the sale, they found ours. The funny thing is that DH spotted a squirrel going into that same house's attic after ours was sealed. haha - payback!

• image Aerorea:

I agree that it's a crazy expense, but if you don't want to deal with the problem again, the sealing is worth it. They put in metal along our roof-line (I haven't seen it, but I think DH said it was a mesh) in our attic to prevent the little buggers from getting back in. I know they also sealed off some other common areas where they can get in.

Believe me, after our horrible mouse problems just to have the !@#$ squirrel within months, that was it. We didn't want to spend the money, but we didn't want to mess with this BS again.

Later, we found out that the mice most likely migrated from another home that had been foreclosed. When it got cleaned up/sealed before the sale, they found ours. The funny thing is that DH spotted a squirrel going into that same house's attic after ours was sealed. haha - payback!

My thoughts on this though are if we can find someone to get them out and fix the current holes for $200 - $300 then we would have to have them come back like 5-7 times more for that to add up to wrapping the whole house.  I just don't think our whole house is vulnerable to them getting.  They are getting on our roof from one tree that we plan to hack down as soon as this is taken care of. 

I just don't think $1400 is worth it, especially not right now. 

• image UGADawg8:
    image Aerorea:

I agree that it's a crazy expense, but if you don't want to deal with the problem again, the sealing is worth it. They put in metal along our roof-line (I haven't seen it, but I think DH said it was a mesh) in our attic to prevent the little buggers from getting back in. I know they also sealed off some other common areas where they can get in.

My thoughts on this though are if we can find someone to get them out and fix the current holes for $200 - $300 then we would have to have them come back like 5-7 times more for that to add up to wrapping the whole house.  I just don't think our whole house is vulnerable to them getting.  They are getting on our roof from one tree that we plan to hack down as soon as this is taken care of. 

i hate that they are so busy. the guy was so incredibly nice. i even had his cell number programmed into my phone! lol. plus, they released all of the animals they trapped.

i also have a tree guy if you need recommendations. we've used him numerous times.

• image ReadytobeMrs.B:
    image UGADawg8:
    image Aerorea:

i hate that they are so busy. the guy was so incredibly nice. i even had his cell number programmed into my phone! lol. plus, they released all of the animals they trapped.

i also have a tree guy if you need recommendations. we've used him numerous times.

i will probably need the tree guy eventually.  We are just going to hack down part of this tree ourselves.  We do have several in our back yard that need to go but it's not in the budget just yet. 

• I totally understand. It was different for us because we had just had the mice and they destroyed a loveseat and some of DH's collectibles in the basement theater room. Knowing what they were capable of and not wanting to deal with it again led us to pull the trigger for the sealing. Squirrels in the attic that aren't all over your house is a lot different than a family of mice traveling through the walls, from the attic to the basement (water heater and theater room) and kitchen (!!!).
  • This whole post is making me itch!! I can't believe you are about to pop out a kid and you have to deal with this. I would have a nervous breakdown.
    "HOW many US citizens and ranchers have been decapitated in Arizona by roving bands of paperless aliens, and how will a requirement that I have papers on me make that not happen?"courtesy of SueSue