Atlanta Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

slow wednesday poll

what is your favorite holiday? why?

what's one thing you are looking forward to?

what's one thing you aren't looking forward to?

what kind of shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap do you use?

what did you have for lunch (or dinner) depending on what time you are answering this?

what's your favorite thing about having a dh/fi/bf?

Re: slow wednesday poll

• what is your favorite holiday? thanksgiving why? the food!!!! and fellowship and fun times with my family

what's one thing you are looking forward to? this weekend. it's the last free weekend until i am living at work...boo!

what's one thing you aren't looking forward to? quarter end close (which is why i'll be living at work) and my nasal surgery

what kind of shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap do you use? right now, it suave rosemary and mint shampoo and conditioner and ivory body wash

what did you have for lunch (or dinner) depending on what time you are answering this? i just had a baked potato and corn and green beans. oh yeah - and a warm chocolate chip cookie!

what's your favorite thing about having a dh/fi/bf? that i get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend and i can kiss him whenever i want - a la sweet home alabama
  • what is your favorite holiday? why? Christmas, because of the food and the fun times and traditions with my family.

what's one thing you are looking forward to? Having a weekend at home (hopefully) this time around.

what's one thing you aren't looking forward to? Midterm presentations, papers, and tests over the next 2 weeks.

what kind of shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap do you use? Aveeno shampoo/conditioner, Cetaphil soap

what did you have for lunch (or dinner) depending on what time you are answering this? Leftover lasagna - it was yummy!

what's your favorite thing about having a dh/fi/bf? It's hard to pick a favorite but... I love that I can come home after a hellish day in a horrible mood... and that he'll have me smiling and laughing and probably eating my favorite comfort food (macaroni and cheese) in no time flat... and I'll forget why I was even having a bad day in the first place.

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • what is your favorite holiday? NYE/NYD why? It's the one holiday that isn't filled with commitments or long drives! DH and I can make our own plans without consulting both families.

what's one thing you are looking forward to? finally getting our MBR painted. I just need to pick the color and the weekend! It's tentatively scheduled for one weekend next month.

what's one thing you aren't looking forward to? the hassle and work it will take to move all the massive furniture out of the room, strip the border (ugh! me+ladder=bad), and painting

what kind of shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap do you use? I currently use Tresseme shampoo and conditioner, though I don't love them. I use Dove sensitive soap and Philosophy Purity Made Simple facial wash.

what did you have for lunch (or dinner) depending on what time you are answering this? 1/2 a chicken sandwich, string cheese, and s/f jell-o

what's your favorite thing about having a dh/fi/bf? He's my best friend. We're nerdy and we "get" each other. I couldn't imagine my life with anybody else.
  • what is your favorite holiday? why? Christmas, it's just a great time of year.

what's one thing you are looking forward to? Vancouver next week

what's one thing you aren't looking forward to? Only having 2 days in the office between Vancouver and Rio

what kind of shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap do you use? I hardly even use Shampoo on my type of hair I mostly Cowash. Suave Humectress knock-off, Olive Oil Replenishing when I am doing a deep condition, Cantu or Frizz Ease as a leave-in

what did you have for lunch (or dinner) depending on what time you are answering this? Prosciutto and Mozzarella 

what's your favorite thing about having a dh/fi/bf?His salary :) Stick out tongue
    "HOW many US citizens and ranchers have been decapitated in Arizona by roving bands of paperless aliens, and how will a requirement that I have papers on me make that not happen?"courtesy of SueSue
  • image MeredithE:
    what's your favorite thing about having a dh/fi/bf?His salary :) Stick out tongue
    AWESOME!!! wish i could say the same about my dh.....Surprise
  • what is your favorite holiday? thanksgiving.  I get to see my extended family and we hang out for 4 days eating good food and watching football.

what's one thing you are looking forward to? going back to work.  it will be nice to have more than 1 hour to get something done and to have adult conversation on a regular basis.

what's one thing you aren't looking forward to? going back to work.  my hours can be crazy and I will miss having as much time with DD as I do now.

what kind of shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap do you use? Pantene shampoo and conditioner, sometimes the John Frieda blond highlights conditioner too, and right now, suave body wash.

what did you have for lunch (or dinner) depending on what time you are answering this? an amy's burrito (dairy free), ruffles, carrots with hummus and 3 enjoy life chocolate chip cookies.  and now i'm hungry again, having just written that!

what's your favorite thing about having a dh/fi/bf? That he puts up with me and my brand of craziness.

Baby K ~ born July 1
  • what is your favorite holiday? Christmas! why? i love winter, and i get to spend a lot of time wiht my family. i have an aunt/cousins who live in kennesaw  and my grandmother lives in acworth, so it's a big deal. and i love it.

what's one thing you are looking forward to? finishing school. i really want it to be done.

what's one thing you aren't looking forward to? hm. let me think about that one.

what kind of shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap do you use? currently i have suave naturals or whatever shampoo/conditioner. i like it because it smells like almonds. :) i use face wash as body wash, since i break out everywhere, so i use clean and clear morning burst.

what did you have for lunch (or dinner) depending on what time you are answering this? i had some mac and cheese for lunch, and i'm making hamburger helpr tonight for dinner.

what's your favorite thing about having a dh/fi/bf? right before we go to sleep is my favorite. we get in bed and snuggle and talk, it's my favorite part of every day.
    image image
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • what is your favorite holiday? why? Columbus Day. I love being able to do nothing and getting paid for it. No relatives houses to go to, can go for a long bike ride...

what's one thing you are looking forward to? the start of cyclocross racing this weekend

what's one thing you aren't looking forward to? being so busy during cross season

what kind of shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap do you use? either Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Conditioner or Whole Foods Unscented

what did you have for lunch (or dinner) depending on what time you are answering this? Lunch: leftover spaghetti (2:54 pm), dinner, I have no idea

what's your favorite thing about having a dh/fi/bf? One of my favorite things is that he is so handy around the house.

• what is your favorite holiday? why? christmas! i love buying presents for people, i love sweaters, i love the music, i love spending time with my family...it's good times all around =)

what's one thing you are looking forward to? a lot of stuff going on in the next month...i'm super excited for the fair in perry, and the tuskeegee/morehouse parade is next weekend!

what's one thing you aren't looking forward to? having to pick and choose which things to do, based on when DH has to work in the middle of the night.

what kind of shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap do you use? i use garnier fructis for color-treated hair, it's in a red bottle. i use bath and body works shower gel, the scent depends on my mood that day...right now i'm loving paris amour. can't wait for it to cool down so i can slather myself in twilight woods. and i wash my face with biore face cloths.

what did you have for lunch (or dinner) depending on what time you are answering this? leftover marco's pizza....green olives, feta, and "old world pepperoni", which is really just tiny pepperoni.

what's your favorite thing about having a dh/fi/bf?he works REALLY hard. in work, when it comes to stuff around the house....he's all about doing the best job he can. and that carries over into being a husband too.
  • Favorite Holiday is Thanksgiving. I love  pumpkin pie and hanging out with family

I am looking forward to the LeMans race this weekend, a wedding, Fitz and the Tantrums coming back and Josh Ritter. The next few weeks are crazy busy.

I use Living Proof Shampoo. I use Aussie spray conditioner. Anything more and I am a greasy sea otter.

I had a ham wrap that I made with goat cheese and lettuce

I love how smart he is. I think he can fix anything that has to do with electronics. It never ceases to amaze me.

• image askmetostay:

what's one thing you are looking forward to? a lot of stuff going on in the next month...i'm super excited for the fair in perry, and the tuskeegee/morehouse parade is next weekend!

Oooh, I miss going to the Georgia National Fair in Perry. It always seemed that the weather wouldn't get cooler until the fair came to town. I never realized that it drew people from all of GA. Since I lived ~15 min from there, it just didn't dawn on me until I moved here. Hmm.. I should see if DH wants to go this year...

I actually graduated there at Reaves Arena. All of Houston Co. (for the non-locals, it's "house-tun") graduates there.

• image Aerorea:
    image askmetostay:

Oooh, I miss going to the Georgia National Fair in Perry. It always seemed that the weather wouldn't get cooler until the fair came to town. I never realized that it drew people from all of GA. Since I lived ~15 min from there, it just didn't dawn on me until I moved here. Hmm.. I should see if DH wants to go this year...

I actually graduated there at Reaves Arena. All of Houston Co. (for the non-locals, it's "house-tun") graduates there.

yeah, we started going with my parents when i was probably 11 or 12. we go just about every year....i drove down a few times in college, and my parents and sis drove up. we missed it 2 years ago because of our wedding, and last year it was literally probably 90+ degrees. BLECH.

hoping it cools off soon, it's WAY more fun not roasting.

• image ReadytobeMrs.B:
    image MeredithE:
    AWESOME!!! wish i could say the same about my dh.....Surprise

I really want you guys to meet my H I am sure we will all have to go to something with mutual friends pretty soon. 

"HOW many US citizens and ranchers have been decapitated in Arizona by roving bands of paperless aliens, and how will a requirement that I have papers on me make that not happen?"courtesy of SueSue
  • what is your favorite holiday? why? ohhhhh ... toughie. I love the Halloween/T'Day/Xmas/NY's season. It gets colder, Halloween is just awesome fun times, T'day has the best food, Xmas has the most fun (if you're not being driven insane by your ILs/Fam asking you to "visit") and NYE is a chance for a new beginning.

what's one thing you are looking forward to? My 30th Birthday is less than 2 weeks away. I'm looking forward to it! Andplusalso, a good friend of ours is due soon so there's gonna be another baby! WHEEEEE! Baby Tyler is coming to my B'day party too Yes

what's one thing you aren't looking forward to? The GA "B'day tax" of paying my car tag AND DHs for Oct. Excellent timing Confused. We are hemorraging money. Its bad.

what kind of shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap do you use? Redken Allsoft S&C, and I swapped to Aveeno unscented bodywash last month when my SSIL told me she and her kids, haven't gotten skeeter bit ever since she started using it. I am like a buffet every time we sit outside so I'm hoping it helps.

what did you have for lunch (or dinner) depending on what time you are answering this? BH Turkety + cheese sandwich, FAGE Total + Strawberry, goldfishies and mixed nuts+choc chips from WF.

what's your favorite thing about having a dh/fi/bf? He's my bug squisher and he's super clean where I am (AND I QUOTE) a "Texas Ternader" (complete with mocking whooshing sounds and his arms in the air while he spins around. Confused). We'd possibly be on Hoarders if it wasn't for him!!! Embarrassed

Meet Beyonce Jr.

Call me Kat =^..^= Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image BAMFMrsB:

what kind of shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap do you use? Redken Allsoft S&C, and I swapped to Aveeno unscented bodywash last month when my SSIL told me she and her kids, haven't gotten skeeter bit ever since she started using it. I am like a buffet every time we sit outside so I'm hoping it helps.

Interesting.... I am with you - complete skeeter buffet. It sucks!! Let me know if this works!! :)

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • What is your favorite holiday? I love Halloween for the fun - it's got candy, cuteness, costumes, creepy stories, cool decorations and then Thanksgiving for the family and food. Once fall arrives I'm in Heaven for months!

What's one thing you are looking forward to? In two Saturdays DH and I are going to Fright Fest at Six Flags with our best friend and his awesome gf.

What's one thing you aren't looking forward to? The six hours round trip drive - twice! - to take my kiddos to their father's house also in two weekends.

What kind of shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap do you use?I use Head and Shoulders dry scalp -it kinda smells like melon!, Pantene conditioner and St. Ives body wash. All cheap stuff but I just found an amazing Burt's Bees sugar scrub that makes me feel like I'm at a spa!

What did you have for lunch (or dinner) depending on what time you are answering this? Lunch during the week is almost always some kind of Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice meal at work. Dinner I had Publix sushi and a leftover Key lime cupcake from my wedding last weekend!

What's your favorite thing about having a dh/fi/bf? Someone to cuddle at bedtime and wake up next to every morning. 

• image GardenPeach:
    image BAMFMrsB:

Interesting.... I am with you - complete skeeter buffet. It sucks!! Let me know if this works!! :)

Will do!

Meet Beyonce Jr.

Call me Kat =^..^= Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker