September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Just another manic...Wednesday?

morning, gals!

last night i got home and dealt with G and the FIL and the car (aka I got pissy about it and G and his dad went and dealt with the car). followed that by a 6.75 mile run and then decided I didn't want dinner.  had some popcorn and some miso soup.  Decided to join the rest of modern America and started watching Friday Night Lights.  Show is INTENSE! Put some laundry away and hit the hay around 10:30 after reading some of my book.  Could have slept until about 10-11 this morning, I was so tired!

Gerren won a prize through work--all the employees at his company (100+) had to write down a health and wellness goal that they wanted to meet.  Gerren wrote that he wanted to participate in a 50+ mile bike race.  The employees then had to prove that they did it.  Gerren was the only one who did!  So he won a weekend away at a suite in the Hyatt Grand Regency in Newport, RI with some meals for two people :)  We are going to go in November, the week before Thanksgiving (I suggested going ON thanksgiving so we could escape our families.  He was not so keen on that...) and I cannot wait!  Not the perfect weather, but it will be so nice to get away together before the long ski season starts :)

in other news, SUPER packed day here again.  Will work late and then go to the gym (boo) to get some cross training done.  Then home to make enchiladas and snuggle with my man.

Happy Hump Day! 

Re: Just another manic...Wednesday?

• This week seems LONG. Last night, we watched part of Season 9 of Smallville and lordy mclord J was pissy when my phone went off. I got some texts and two phone calls and it's all related to mama's party. Granted, I will be so glad when this party is over and I don't have all the pressure anymore.

Woke up this morning after a terrible dream about my dad that took me a few minutes to figure out if everything was really okay then I remembered I talked to him last night. Geez I don't like dreams like that. I text him and he responded back so all is good.

Tonight I'm meeting another SLP who's new to the district and we're going for a walk. She said it's a 3 mile loop and she does that 3 days a week so hopefully I'll be joining her more. 

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I am hyped for Mr. G's win! Holler!

Good morning. Gloom gloom gloom here.

My Geege gets his teeth done today. Send him some lights. It makes me nervous when he has to be put under. Also fingers crossed for no extractions. I'd prefer not to have a $500+ bill, and also he barely has any freaking teeth left.

I got a lot done last night. Made dinner, bathed dogs, cleaned bathroom, put a load of laundry away, washed couches and blankets, dusted and vacuumed living and dining rooms, packed lunch and ran dishwasher. I also watched Revenge and The Good Wife On Demand and Vampire Diaries and Body of Proof on DVR. Then the 11 o'clock news in bed.

So sick of the humidity.

• Today is my friday and a 1pm closing! Still feeling sick so it will be nice to go home an nap. Tomorrow I have a baby doctor appt with and ultrasound. I am hoping Greg can get off work but his boss are being stupid lately and that probably wont happen. What really pisses me off is that I know for a fact the one manager that just got married witll be at EVERY SINGLE appt. when his wife is pregnant. I don't ask for much but i would like him there at the big appt. and so far he has only been to 1 because of stupid work.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Morning all!

Worked late last night, got caught in terrible rush hour traffic with multiple accidents.  Just glad I wasn't one of them. 

Made dinner (pasta, pesto and chicken-YUM) and then DH and I went to Target.  To the very one I've been boycotting since June.  What a PITA! In addition to remodeling, they are also moving sections around.  Took 10 minutes to find headbands.  Pissy pants me.  DH made me happy by buying my headbands and hair clips.  For someone w/ short hair, I sure have a lot of hair accessories.

Got home, did dishes, laundry, watched the end of BL and read.  Also a tired monkey today.  Tonight is step and lifting class, so excited!

• Shauni-  That's a great way to win a contest!!  way to go G!!!

Last night I came home and J and I did a quick power cleaning b/c there is a showing on our house today.  Haven't had one in a while.  BUT, our landlord knows that I'm preggers and that if the house were to sell, we would 1. Need a place to go and 2. there would be a limited about of stuff I could do for the moving process.  Sad

Then we ate some dinner that I had in the crockpot all day.  new recipe- was good, but burned a little.  Tongue Tied  Then I took a warm bath and relaxed!  So nice.

Gonna be a long day.  Couldn't sleep again last night, well, actually more the morning.  I was up from about 3:30-5:15.  DISLIKE!!

People are starting to hit up co-workers with boyscout popcorn and girlscout cookies.  AND, they are coming to the pregnant woman first.  Although I've been craving g.s. cookies for a while, I have to put a price cap on this otherwise our child might end up having to wear towels for diapers for the first couple months.  Yes, that's how many boxes of cookies I would really like to order.  Don't judge.

• I have nothing to add really. I'm holding myself back from diving head first into this pregnancy thing until after the 1st appt. And even though H is super sweet, I REALLY REALLY want to tell MOH.

Oh! I thought of a good thing! I have my first baking "lab". We're making Italian bread. Sooooo excited.

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • hiiii!!!!

Just back from a long weekend with DH and Baby Q.  It was absolute chaos trying to get out of the house but we finally made it.

Friday night it was pouring here and it was also MIL's b-day.  We tagged along for dinner (even though we took her out earlier in the week FML) but since no one was ready on time met at SIL's house.  K parked as close to the house as he could, which meant he was partially blocking the driveway...and SIL tried to leave before we did and hit my car, then got all pissy about it.  Saturday K went to drop off the dog at DDC for the weekend, forgot her food, couldn't find a closer store that either had her food or was open, ended up falling on some slippery curb and hurting himself then the SUV wouldn't start.  So while he was gone for 3 farking hours (I was ready to can the whole weekend) I did laundry, dishes, bottles, cleaned, packed for all three of us and showered.  You're welcome very much.

We had one night away from the baby in Hershey.  We stayed up til 2 am for very good reasons - for once NOT a crying baby.  We spent Sunday afternoon, Monday and Tuesday in Inner Harbor in Baltimore.  Big shout-out to LauraT for the restaurant recommendations - Kona and M&S Grill were fantastic!  Aquarium was great - even ran into a friend from home who now works there - except for the invasion of kindergardeners about 5 minutes after we went in.  On the whole, a great weekend.  2 days to catch up on laundry and then off camping on Friday night.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • image QueenofAnything:

I have nothing to add really. I'm holding myself back from diving head first into this pregnancy thing until after the 1st appt. And even though H is super sweet, I REALLY REALLY want to tell MOH.

Does MOH still stand for Maid of Honor??  I guess I'm still stuck on the vocab from The Knot...... 

• image moleson99:
    image QueenofAnything:

I have nothing to add really. I'm holding myself back from diving head first into this pregnancy thing until after the 1st appt. And even though H is super sweet, I REALLY REALLY want to tell MOH.

Does MOH still stand for Maid of Honor??  I guess I'm still stuck on the vocab from The Knot...... 

Yeah, I've always just referred to her as that.

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • Aside from the SIL car incident and the FUBAR dog drop off, it sounds like a fabulous weekend SusieQ!
  • image stephaniem1977:
    Aside from the SIL car incident and the FUBAR dog drop off, it sounds like a fabulous weekend SusieQ!

I agree, rough start to the weekend, but your time in PA and MD sound fabulous! 

• Good morning, good morning ladies.

I am having a heck of a time posting on here today, even though I have the day off. Grr. My internet connection is apparently fighting me more than usual today with the gloomy, chilly, rainy weather we've been having for the last few days. I've been busy back to work, so I haven't had the time to check in here lately. I'm having withdrawls! haha.

H and I had a nice dinner out on Sunday for the anniversary, the year-old cake was still yummy, and things are overall starting to look up. Amazingly, the part we needed for our stove after our random power outage Sunday morning arrived yesterday. H put it in, and we were back in business. So glad we didn't have to pay a 'repairman' as well as the part itself. Was horribly angry at our Piper puppy Monday since we came home to find one of my wedding shoes (that I wore out on Sunday night) with the toe completely chewed to pieces. Not having any luck finding them online, but as H said... "They're just shoes." *sigh* butthead puppy.

I've also noticed that in certain little comments H has made lately, I think he is starting to lean towards being "ready" for a baby in the house. It's a slow lean, that's for sure, but I think it's there. Inches at a time and time passing will tell for sure, since he's definetely not ready to admit it to himself yet. :)

[url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • Holy crap I missed a lot while I was gone.

Congrats QoA.  Don't feel bad about wanting to tell MOH.  Your DH can only 'get' so much about the nausea and tiredness and sore boobs and .... It's nice to have a gf to confide in and ask 'Is this normal?'

Shauni - holy balls on your FIL.  It's nice when they want to help out but butt out, Nosey Nancy!

Em - how soon is your mom's party?  and post pics - I want to see how you did the records-into-bowls project?

Steph - my fingers are crossed for Geege.  Whenever my babies go to the vet I'm on pins & needles until I get the phone call that they're awake & fine.  I'm such a nervous ani-mommy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • Susie- Your weekend sounds pretty amazing overall (sorry for the craziness of the start to it)

Shauni- Glad your cars are back in working condition.

QofA- I don't know if I've said CONGRATS yet, but there it is if not... have you been confirmed and given a due date by a doc yet?

Xtine- So jealous of your short week. Enjoy your nap!

Steph- glad you are catching up. That's my main focus for today, hopefully I can be successful.

[url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • Happy hump day. Last night I managed to go to bed at 9pm, it still sucked waking up at 4am (20 minutes before my alarm, thank you pets) but I feel more rested, just wish my ears would unclog themselves. Got home last night, vacuumed & made dinner. After dinner, I took Allie the dog on a walk, cleaned up the kitchen and then hit the sack.

Today - conference call in a few minutes, then who knows what today will be like, hah! I need to finish my menu planning and grocery list so I can hit up Costco and Foodmaxx after work. 

Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image SusieQ1981:

Em - how soon is your mom's party?  and post pics - I want to see how you did the records-into-bowls project?

It's next weekend, the 8th. I'm so ready for it be over and life to go back to normal, for a few weeks then I get to plan my friend's bach party, but I will definitely post pics of it all set up and the little details. I'm majorly excited about the records into bowls! And they were super easy.

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Shauni - Jeff and I skipped Thanksgiving last year and it was freaking awesome.  I know he felt a bit guilty and we wound up going home for Christmas when we normally would have skipped it (because Jeff had just had surgery), but we have talked about doing it again.  I am positive that we will be scheduling a vacation over either Thanksgiving or Christmas in the near future!

I don't have much to add.  I ordered a pregnancy planning book and it came in the mail last night, which made me SO happy, but then I found out that Jeff's boss, who is a supreme azzhole, may not be letting him graduate after all.  So he won't be working with me in January (way to screw over the guy who was going to hire him, btw), we won't be moving close to my job, and therefore we won't be able to get a puppy or have a baby anytime soon.  I am so pissed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not much to add today.  I'm so freaking tired this morning.  I've been very tired since we got back from our trip.  Could be that I haven't worked out in over a week.  I need to get my booty to the gym.

Cleaned house last night, did a few loads of laundry, watched Glee (was disappointed) & Chopped Champions (I <3 that show).  That is about all.

Tonight I must make it to the gym.  I brought my clothes to work with me so I have no excuse not to go.  I want to make pot roast for dinner (thanks to the PW episode), but we shall see.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • Add me to the tired list, boo.  Baby was having a dance party, which severely impacted my ability to sleep last night. 

Went to Costco last night and got a half dozen books, because so many looked things looked good.  I'm preparing myself to go off work early, and really really looking forward to it.  I do hope I can hold out until early November, just to preserve my time off, but yay! 

We've got Baby Basics class tonight, and I hope they teach us a lot, because we know virtually nothing about babies. 

• Shauni - go Mr. G!  What a nice prize. 

Steph - thinking of your Geege today.  We haven't had to do anything yet with Ginger's teeth, and I'd be worried as well. 

Susie - how nice, that you guys got a weekend away, and even a baby-free night! 

Laura - WTMF on Jeff's boss?  That's ridiculous.  Any idea how much longer the boss can/will keep him? 

• image mushE:

Laura - WTMF on Jeff's boss?  That's ridiculous.  Any idea how much longer the boss can/will keep him? 

Idk.  I was actually kind of glad when his boss told Jeff he had to be out by December because he (the boss) was out of funding, because even though it was crappy how it went down, it meant he was going to get out.  His boss is definitely the type who would keep Jeff in the lab as long as humanly possible and not let him graduate.  Hopefully Jeff can find someone to talk to that will help him out; he has definitely done enough to graduate, but it's not always easy to get someone to convince your boss.  He can probably keep him another year before the committee complains too much, if Jeff doesn't get someone to step in sooner.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That stinks, Laura, I'm sorry!  That would have been very nice to get to work together soon.