September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

tuesday snoozeday

2»

Re: tuesday snoozeday

• image sunshine_day_dreams:

I do this a lot.  But then don't actually read them.  I've been on a major reading hiatus lately and need to get back.  I started reading Sophie's Choice months ago when it was like $0.99 on Amazon and I just.can't.finish.it.  I think I just need to abandon it and start something new before I give up on reading forever. :-)

I don't worry about the books on my 'to read' list.  They're just there if I ever need inspiration, or if I get a GC to Amazon and I'm not sure how to spend it.  I also put all the books on my Kindle on there (usually free downloads) so it's easy for me to find them and put them on my 'currently reading' list. 

I usually HATE not finishing books, but if this book is stalling you, I say just skip it and move on.  Maybe come back to it later.  That's a bummer though - I just put that book on my 'to read' list!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image LauraT25:
    image sunshine_day_dreams:

I do this a lot.  But then don't actually read them.  I've been on a major reading hiatus lately and need to get back.  I started reading Sophie's Choice months ago when it was like $0.99 on Amazon and I just.can't.finish.it.  I think I just need to abandon it and start something new before I give up on reading forever. :-)

I don't worry about the books on my 'to read' list.  They're just there if I ever need inspiration, or if I get a GC to Amazon and I'm not sure how to spend it.  I also put all the books on my Kindle on there (usually free downloads) so it's easy for me to find them and put them on my 'currently reading' list. 

I usually HATE not finishing books, but if this book is stalling you, I say just skip it and move on.  Maybe come back to it later.  That's a bummer though - I just put that book on my 'to read' list!

Don't let me scare you away!  It's just that it has rreeeeeaaaaallllly long chapters (like 60+ kindle pages) and I can't sit still long enough to finish them.  I need something with short chapters for my short attention span. :-)

Vacation

Vacation
  • Ah.  I have two built-in reading times every day, 30 minutes to an hour each, so I'm okay with that.  It's better than listening to the crackheads on the train argue about who 'has the best hos'.
  • image LauraT25:
    Ah.  I have two built-in reading times every day, 30 minutes to an hour each, so I'm okay with that.  It's better than listening to the crackheads on the train argue about who 'has the best hos'.

Yes

Throwing in a random book suggestion: I LOVED the Hunger Games. I don't think they're great literature or anything but I plowed through them and compulsively checked my library acct to see if they were in.

I think I'm going to start Game of Thrones next.

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • I loved The Hunger Games too.  I'm absurdly excited for the movie next March.
  • image LauraT25:
    I loved The Hunger Games too.  I'm absurdly excited for the movie next March.

I need someone local to go with my 7 month pregnant ass to the midnight showing.

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • image QueenofAnything:

image LauraT25:
    I loved The Hunger Games too.  I'm absurdly excited for the movie next March.

I need someone local to go with my 7 month pregnant ass to the midnight showing.

Do you live anywhere near me?  

• Nah, Im in NY near Mass.

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • Well that's lame.  Is that anywhere close to central NJ?  I know what a map looks like, but I'm horrible at estimating actual distance.
  • No, not really. Sad

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • image QueenofAnything:

No, not really. Sad

Well, boo.  That is a bummer.  Is it close to Pittsfield, by any chance?  Not that that helps with a HG GTG, but my mom was born there.

Edit: and she told me it's near NY.  

• I must have been really tired because I forgot to say:

brew - congrats on the loss and smaller clothing size!

QOA - congrats! how sweet of your husband wanting to keep it a secret for a while. 

Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image LauraT25:
    image QueenofAnything:

No, not really. Sad

Well, boo.  That is a bummer.  Is it close to Pittsfield, by any chance?  Not that that helps with a HG GTG, but my mom was born there.

Edit: and she told me it's near NY.  

Actually, I'm really close to Pittsfield.

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.