September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What's going on?

It's really slow here.  I think it's time for a game.

1. Who (fast food/restaurant) has the best fries?
  2. Favorite movie of the year
  3. Current favorite song
  4. Recent recipes you have tried out?  Like or dislike?
  5. Have you been watching Pioneer Woman on Food Network?
My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image

Re: What's going on?

1. Who (fast food/restaurant) has the best fries?  In -N-Out Animal style fries, then Mc Donald's.
    2. Favorite movie of the year So far Bridesmaids
    3. Current favorite song Moves like Jagger
    4. Recent recipes you have tried out?  Like or dislike? Haven't tried anything new but I am looking forward to baking.
    5. Have you been watching Pioneer Woman on Food Network? Yes.  On her recent episode last Saturday she made pot roast and blackberry cobbler.  It looked amazing!
    1. Who (fast food/restaurant) has the best fries?  McDonalds
    2. Favorite movie of the year I haven't seen much, so i'll have to pass.  I usually catch up on chic flicks during hunting season.  Otherwise I'm stuck with action/comedy, etc- ones that J will also watch.
    3. Current favorite song Nothing in particular
    4. Recent recipes you have tried out?  Like or dislike? I'm trying a crockpot porkchop one this week that i'm excited about.  It's supposed to be great, and since I'm tired now when i get home from work, i'm all about anything in the crock pot.
    5. Have you been watching Pioneer Woman on Food Network? nope
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    1. Who (fast food/restaurant) has the best fries?  probably McDonalds
    2. Favorite movie of the year I'm terrible at remembering names. So I'm going with movie I'm ready to be released (feel free to judge away)...Breaking Dawn. I will be at the midnight opener.
    3. Current favorite song Nothing in particular
    4. Recent recipes you have tried out?  Like or dislike? Haven't really tried anything new lately. I need to get back in the kitchen and cook...I'm getting sick of pasta and non-marinated meat (love him for the effort though)
    5. Have you been watching Pioneer Woman on Food Network? Had no clue about this.
    [url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
    1. Who (fast food/restaurant) has the best fries? 307 Bar. It's in the town neighboring my parents. super yummo.
    2. Favorite movie of the year I usually save all of my movie watching for the winter months. I have watched a few but none have jumped out at me.
    3. Current favorite song It Girl, Jason Derulo
    4. Recent recipes you have tried out?  Like or dislike? Summer meals are unadventurous, I do have a bunch of crockpot stuff Im dieing to try when it gets cold.
    5. Have you been watching Pioneer Woman on Food Network? No.

1. Who (fast food/restaurant) has the best fries? Camden Pub.  I have also heard that Five Guys has good fries but I haven't been there yet.  For fast food, I love Jack in the Box's curly fries.
    2. Favorite movie of the year I don't watch 'new' movies, like, ever.  I did recently see 'Hot Tub Time Machine' and was pleasantly surprised.
    3. Current favorite song Again, not really up on new music either.  I do have 'Hey Soul Sister' in my head because it was on a TV show I recently watched, but I actually hate that song.
    4. Recent recipes you have tried out?  Like or dislike? Hmm, I haven't tried a new recipe in a while, the last one was a Roasted Stiped Bass recipe from the Barefoot Contessa (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/roasted-striped-bass-recipe/index.html).  It was awesome.  And I am making this on Thursday (not new, but LOVE it; I just used stew meat instead of the ribs): http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/curried-beef-short-ribs-10000001879978/
    5. Have you been watching Pioneer Woman on Food Network? No.  I heard it's suuuuper awkward.  They make fun of it on foodnetworkhumor.com
    Sidenote:  I think 'Moves Like Jagger' sounds like 'Moves Like Dragon', so that's what DH and I sing whenever it comes on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    1. Who (fast food/restaurant) has the best fries? For fast food I would say McDonalds or Chick fil A (but we eat fast food maybe 3 times a year)
    2. Favorite movie of the year Tough one.  I have a horrible memory.  We recently watched "Hall PAss" which I thought would suck but loved.  
    3. Current favorite song Still loving "You and Tequila" by Kenny Chesney and Grace Potter.
    4. Recent recipes you have tried out?  Like or dislike? Laura, I am making short ribs this weekend too--cannot wait!  But last night I made "raviolis" with wonton wrappers and a brown butter sauce...Mr. G and I were not pleased.  To me, those just weren't ravs.
    5. Have you been watching Pioneer Woman on Food Network? No. We don't have TV.
  • I made raviolis with wanton wrappers once, and I was sorely disappointed.  It was so...blah.  Womp womp.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image LauraT25:

Have you been watching Pioneer Woman on Food Network? No.  I heard it's suuuuper awkward.  They make fun of it on foodnetworkhumor.com

It is!  The food looks great, but the show is a little slow.

Oh and I've still never been to a Chick fil a (sorry if spelling is incorrect).

1. Who (fast food/restaurant) has the best fries? McD's
    2. Favorite movie of the year Bridesmaids
    3. Current favorite song I haven't been listening to anything
    4. Recent recipes you have tried out?  Like or dislike? I haven't tried anything new
    5. Have you been watching Pioneer Woman on Food Network? Yes
  • PDub's show is definitely awkward.