September 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

iPad apps?

I just got an iPad for school. I'm in the dark ages and don't have an iPhone, so I'm new to the apps world. I've downloaded a few things already, but I thought I'd ask for suggestions of other cool (free please!) apps. Any recommendations for cool learning-ish tools? Any good strategy or puzzle games?

Re: iPad apps?

• I <3 Plants vs. Zombies.  You have to pay for it, but it is awesome!
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • imagemaryandkirk0909:
    I <3 Plants vs. Zombies.  You have to pay for it, but it is awesome!

That doesn't sound educational, bahaha.

• imageDiamond_Doll:

imagemaryandkirk0909:
    I <3 Plants vs. Zombies.  You have to pay for it, but it is awesome!

That doesn't sound educational, bahaha.

It's a strategy game.  Wink  You use your garden full of fighting plants to protect your house.

White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • 7 Little Words - its sort of like doing a crossword puzzle without the crossword part

Gum Drop! is another one that is surprisingly fun for as simple as it is. Colorful word/image matching game putting you against the clock

seriously, it looks like its for little kids, but it gets pretty challenging and definitely gives your brain some exercise

I'm pretty sure those both were free, at most $.99

There's also Strategery, which is pretty much like the board game Risk.

• Thanks zane! I've already downloaded 7 Little Words. I'll have to check out the other two.

P.S. Love the new picture of Phoenix. Too stinking cute!

• I love the game Unblock me. It's awesome! It uses jenga looking tiles, and one red tile. You have to move the blocks around to get the red one through a hole. There's like 1200 puzzles, and different levels. Free! :)

I love 7 Little Words, but I beat it and don't want to pay for more...ha.

I also play Hanging with Friends Free, and Words with Friends Free, if you decide to get these, let me know and I'll send you my username. :)

I also play Tuti Fruiti Free which is very similar to Bejeweled. You have to get the fruit faces to match up 3 or more in a row and then they vanish, etc.

And for the really lameness in me I play Ninjump. It's  a little ninja guy that you make jump by tapping the screen. He goes from building to building and you have to make him miss building edges, birds, flying blades, and a fox. It's lame, but entertaining. :)

PS. This is what I do at the bus stop & at ballet & spech therapy for the kids I nanny. 

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/2jacdgx.jpg[/IMG]
  • Also -- Angry Birds.  I mean, c'mon... look at all the physics involved!  Doesn't get more educational than that!
    Accidental Smiles
    updated 10.03.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers