September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

thursday

i am sick.  i have a cold and i feel down.

it is only thursday and i am still at work, doing this awful conference.  i want to be at home in bed.

and i am literally ill and still crying thinking about troy davis.

happy fuckings thursday to me.

hope you are all having a better day! 

Re: thursday

• I had not heard about troy davis till you mentioned it yesterday. So I googled it I will admit my research is minimal but for the little I heard it feel awful that he was killed. I am also anti death pentaly. It is very sad,

Thank goodness tomorrow if Friday. I was awaken today by one of my coworkers calling an b*tching at me. This does NOT make me a happy campier especially at 7:20 there is not a whole hell of a lot I can do. I can;'t wait till I'm on maternity leave and I don;t have to deal with people calling out.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Shauni-  Sorry your sick and down and out.  I did what xtine did yesterday and googled troy davis yesterday.  very sad. Sad

Xtine-  boo to mean coworkers!!!

I'm ok.  We have a fire drill sometime this morning between 8-9:30.  Thankfully people like to help out pregnant ladies, so even though we're not supposed to know, the building manager came and told me.  This way, if i wanted to hang out on the 1st floor instead of having to climb down 9 flights of stairs, i could.  I've gone to the bathroom, got my fleece and umbrella ready (it's cold and cloudy out) and I'm ready to hike the stairs.  HOWEVER, I will be partaking in waiting for the elevators on the way back up. Big Smile

Last night J and I had dinner and hung out.  I was exhausted and asleep by 8:15.  SUPER excited that Greys starts tonight and it's 2 hours!!!  YAY!!!

That's all I have for now.

• It's Thursday and I'm here. That's about it. It took me an HOUR to drive across town because of the rain and idiots forgetting how to drive in it. It made me late and has thrown my whole morning off.

I'm saddened to be living in the state that issued the execution of Troy Davis. It was all over the news last night and I held out hope for the supreme justice to overturn it. The family of the victim will probably never have justice bc they're loved one is gone. Let's not do that to another family. /off soapbox

Not sure if we'll be able to work out the tv we want to get this week or not. It'll be tight if we do so we'll see. And of course, J doesn't want smaller than 40" so yeah.

Oh and I did work on J's anniversary gift last night. It's part of our song in wooden letters glued on canvas. It'll be all white except for the heart which will be either red or purple. I'll post pic when I'm finished with it. 

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • image moleson99:

SUPER excited that Greys starts tonight and it's 2 hours!!!  YAY!!!

This! I can't wait! J already knows he better not speak except on commercials tonight. 

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • image emilyann21:

I'm saddened to be living in the state that issued the execution of Troy Davis. It was all over the news last night and I held out hope for the supreme justice to overturn it. The family of the victim will probably never have justice bc they're loved one is gone. Let's not do that to another family. /off soapbox

This is kinda how I feel. They were talking about the case on the radio this am. I was thinking if my family member was murdered I don't think I would want the killer to get the death pentaly. Them dying is not going to bring back my loved one. Also, I think sitting in a jail is far worse than death.

• I'm here, bleary eyed because it's 6:30 and I've been up for an hour working.  Haven't showered yet to let H sleep in.  Working because I've been skipping out to WFH most afternoons because my back hurts, and um, WFH these days also includes a little nap because I'm freaking tired. 

I'm giving a training tomorrow morning and haven't finished the PP yet, which stinks.  Trying to get it mostly done to email to the coworker who will be presenting on part of it so she can review while I'm at the doctor this morning.  H is going with me because he's worried about my back and stuff, which is nice.  Then we go check out a daycare, so hopefully it's good! 

• I woke up feeling marginally better than yesterday, but then my rough commute used up ALL my energy.  And then I get in to work - an episode needs to borrow footage from another one.  NONE of the people who should be assigned this task know how/what to do.  It would almost take me more time to explain what needs to happen than to do it myself.  All because my boss hires people she likes, rather than people who have experience working on our editing system.  (Which also annoys me since I could've saved the $6k I spent on school and been hired here anyway.)

BUT. Last night I watched Modern Family and it was awesome.  I missed it.  DH and were quoting it in the car this morning.  And I left the TV on and got hooked on Revenge.  I really hope the rest of the season lives up to the potential - it's got a lot!

My deal is that I am going to murder your puppies and piss on your rainbows. -diablesse Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • image Xtine22:

I had not heard about troy davis till you mentioned it yesterday. So I googled it I will admit my research is minimal but for the little I heard it feel awful that he was killed. I am also anti death pentaly. It is very sad.

This is exactly, and I'm also anti-death penalty.

Super tired, woke up at 1 thinking it was 5 and got up to get ready.  Oops, back to bed only to wake up at 4:28, then 4:38 and 4:58.  Finally I just got up and got ready.  Did my hair and makeup (rare for work) and my arms hurt from lifting yesterday.  Made it hard to hold the flat iron for long. 

I have nothing else interesting to say.

• image Xtine22:
    image emilyann21:

This is kinda how I feel. They were talking about the case on the radio this am. I was thinking if my family member was murdered I don't think I would want the killer to get the death pentaly. Them dying is not going to bring back my loved one. Also, I think sitting in a jail is far worse than death.

I read somewhere that the victim's son basically said the same thing. Execution is not what the family (he) wanted but then the wife was on the news saying she wanted justice for her deceased husband so I don't know. I'm with you though.

• I feel like crap. I think I'm going to give up eating for the next few days because every single thing I've eaten since Sunday has made me feel like I'm dying within half an hour of hitting my stomach.

I'm pro-death penalty, but I think it was wrong in Troy Davis' case. I think the death penalty should only be considered in the most horrific of cases: killers who dismember their victims and keep their body parts in their fridge, the father who decapitated his disabled son and put his head on the front lawn to upset his wife. And only in cases where there is 0% doubt. The purpose of correctional facilities, other than to keep criminals from mingling with the public, is to rehabilitate felons. I don't think people in the cases I mentioned can be rehabilitated. Troy Davis, however was a different story all together. IF he did shoot the security guard (which didn't seem to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt), I don't think he was beyond help. 

In the VAST majority of cases (I think it's like 95%), the person about to be killed admits his guilt and asks for forgiveness just before he is about to be executed. Troy Davis maintained his innocence with his last breath. 

This was a major failure on the part of our justice system. 

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • image emilyann21:
    image Xtine22:
    image emilyann21:

I read somewhere that the victim's son basically said the same thing. Execution is not what the family (he) wanted but then the wife was on the news saying she wanted justice for her deceased husband so I don't know. I'm with you though.

I *think* (could be wrong) that this is incorrect--everything I have read and seen has indicated that the victims entire family supported the death of troy davis.  there are just so many things wrong with this situation.  i am not saying he was innocent, he very likely was guilty.  but very likely is not good enough.  there needs to be 100% certainty when talking about a state sanctioned killing, and i think there are far too many gray areas in almost all cases to have 100% certainty to commit someone to death.  it is just awful to think about.

i am also one of those people who does not think that life in prison is worse than the DP.  think about it.  DP is DEATH.  FINAL.  no return.  Imagine being that inmate (guilty or not) and preparing for your death.  Nobody should have to do that.  Life, in a cell or not, is still life, your natural instinct is to want to live, not to die, even if it is a "peaceful" experience like lethal injection.  it is not humane.  

• image QueenofAnything:

I'm pro-death penalty, but I think it was wrong in Troy Davis' case. I think the death penalty should only be considered in the most horrific of cases: killers who dismember their victims and keep their body parts in their fridge, the father who decapitated his disabled son and put his head on the front lawn to upset his wife. And only in cases where there is 0% doubt. The purpose of correctional facilities, other than to keep criminals from mingling with the public, is to rehabilitate felons. I don't think people in the cases I mentioned can be rehabilitated. Troy Davis, however was a different story all together. IF he did shoot the security guard (which didn't seem to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt), I don't think he was beyond help. 

This was a major failure on the part of our justice system. 

I agree with the bolded parts.  I'm generally against the death penalty, but agree there are cases so extreme that death is warranted.  I disagree that correctional facilities rehabilitate felons.  That may have been part of their original purpose, but I don't believe it actually happens.  In my albeit, limited and biased, experience the people committing violent crimes, already have a record.  Although, some of that could be caused by an inability to re-integrate in a meaningful way into society.

Also, I hate being sick.  I'm stuck at work, with a nose that's either stuffed up or running, and half the time I can't focus on what I'm doing.  I'll deal as long as I get better by Sunday (and don't get DH sick), but this is miserable.

My deal is that I am going to murder your puppies and piss on your rainbows. -diablesse Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • image shauni27:
    image emilyann21:
    image Xtine22:
    image emilyann21:

I *think* (could be wrong) that this is incorrect--everything I have read and seen has indicated that the victims entire family supported the death of troy davis.  there are just so many things wrong with this situation.  i am not saying he was innocent, he very likely was guilty.  but very likely is not good enough.  there needs to be 100% certainty when talking about a state sanctioned killing, and i think there are far too many gray areas in almost all cases to have 100% certainty to commit someone to death.  it is just awful to think about.

Well, when I read the quoted text that someone posted from the son and then heard the story, I was very confused because you would think the family would be together on what they wanted. I apologize for any mis-information I may have given. One was from the internet that someone posted and another was on the news last night.

• image emilyann21:
    image shauni27:
    image emilyann21:
    image Xtine22:
    image emilyann21:

Well, when I read the quoted text that someone posted from the son and then heard the story, I was very confused because you would think the family would be together on what they wanted. I apologize for any mis-information I may have given. One was from the internet that someone posted and another was on the news last night.

no, you very likely could be correct, I have only read a few articles and I think most of it was regarding his wife and daughter, and maybe his mother or brother?  It is very likely that his son might be opposed to the Death of TD. 

• Aloha!  I am finally back and at work...it sucks.  I wish we were still on vacation. 

Our trip, although short, was fantastic.  We checked in and I gave the clerk my credit card.  It just happened to be the one with one of our wedding pics on it.  The clerk asked if that was us.  I told her yes, that it was our one year anniversary.  She then upgraded us to a partial ocean view, which is worth $60 each night.  Whoohoo!

Once we got checked in, the first thing we did was head over the the bar and grille that overlooked the beach.  We had a few drinks, ate (because the food on the plane was no bueno) and headed across the street to the beach.  The water was so clear and beautiful.  We walked to some of the shops around the area and then went back to the room to prepare for our dinner cruise.  The cruise was so much fun.  They had a buffet with Hawiian foods and we had more drinks.  The crew was so outgoing, they really made it a blast.

The following day was fun.  In the morning we went to Pearl Harbor and got lost.  We had to turn back around and 30 mins later we were at the correct location.  We got to see where the USS Arizona sank, and also the USS Bowfin.  It was really interesting  After Pear Harbor we headed to Diamond Head.  We were going to hike up to the top, but had no idea how insane it was.  The hike to the top was 1 mile and 187 stairs.  We had to stop a few times because I really thought I could not make it.  There were two individuals at the top that had to be air lifted down.  It was crazy.  It was well worth it because the view at the top was amazing.  When we got back down we rewarded ourselves with the best shaved ice ever!

We went out for dinner the same night and they had live entertainment.  I put in a request for "Somewhere over the Rainbow" by Israel K., which is the song I walked down to.  The band had us go up and dance in front of everyone.  We're not dancers but we made an exception this time.  It was nice hearing that song, and remembering our wedding day.  I'm getting teary right now.

We got to see a lot of beaches during our trip, and drank a lot!  We didn't eat a lot, we just drank a lot.  We are going to start a tradition and every year for our anniversary we will be going back to Hawaii.  We're already planning our trip to Maui next September.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • Shauni - sorry to hear you're sick, please rest up including no running. your body needs to heal!

Mush - sorry to hear about your back, hope everything is fine at the doctor. 

I've been at work almost 2 hours and I'm still sleepy, thanks benadryl. My allergies seem to be flaring up and of course this happens after I visit my allergist. Not much else going on except I'm always working for the weekend. 

Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Random work funny: in our payroll system each employee's code is the first three letters of their last name followed by the first three letters of their first name, so for example John Smith would be SMIJOH. 

One of our employees is SALAMI.  

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • image emilyann21:

Oh and I did work on J's anniversary gift last night. It's part of our song in wooden letters glued on canvas. It'll be all white except for the heart which will be either red or purple. I'll post pic when I'm finished with it.  

I have zero ideas for DH's anniversary gift. I am hoping that we are going to dinner where we got married and hoping that I get a certificate for a spa day or just a massage. 

• image QueenofAnything:

Random work funny: in our payroll system each employee's code is the first three letters of their last name followed by the first three letters of their first name, so for example John Smith would be SMIJOH. 

One of our employees is SALAMI.  

That made me chuckle. 

• Deb-  Glad you had a great trip!  I was keeping up with you on FB!!! Smile  Sounded great!
  • image exictedbride:
    image emilyann21:

I have zero ideas for DH's anniversary gift. I am hoping that we are going to dinner where we got married and hoping that I get a certificate for a spa day or just a massage. 

Oh I'm glad you mentioned a massage. Livingsocial has a deal today that I need to get for DH and possibly me but I don't know yet.

You could always go the traditional route with paper or a clock/watch. And the paper ideas are pretty limitless. GL!

• image exictedbride:
    image emilyann21:

We are going to dinner at a nice steak house sunday and for his gift i am going to go get him a Playstation2. Romantic i know, his broke and he has been saying he wants to get a new one.

• image Xtine22:
    image exictedbride:
    image emilyann21:

We are going to dinner at a nice steak house sunday and for his gift i am going to go get him a Playstation2. Romantic i know, his broke and he has been saying he wants to get a new one.

Thank you! You just jogged my memory. DH mentioned that the new NHL game was released, he would love that even though it is not romantic. 

• Of course I just talked to him and he was like "Would you be mad if i bought a PS2." Really... We actually just decided we aren't going to buy gifts we should buy something baby related, So I guess that is what we are doing.