Atlanta Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tuesday Confessions

I've edited my GM post since Jules and I posted at the same time.

Let's hear those confessions, ladies!

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

Re: Tuesday Confessions

• I feel like adumbass this morning. I forgot to check in my boss for his trip today. I never do that.

I really feel overwhelmed lately, like I cannot get anything done right.

Meet Beyonce Jr.

Call me Kat =^..^= Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I really, really want to become a stay at home wife and work on my home based business. I'm tired of the rat race. 

• I confess that I think that the Pumpkin Spice Latte is gross! I tried it one time, and it was so hard for me to throw away a $5 cup of coffee but I couldn't choke it down.
    [img]http://i49.tinypic.com/23vnxaq.jpg[/img]

[URL=http://www.thebabycorner.com/countdowns/][IMG]http://thebabycorner.com/countdowns/image.php?type=2&o=10&c=5&date=2012-9-18&babyname=Brynn%20Elise[/IMG][/URL]
  • I confess that I am frustrated with my Dh over housework. He commutes so is gone longer so I do the lions share of the work. Laundry, dishes, dinner and other misc. I have been studying for this exam that is in a few weeks that is very important for my career so between studying and taking care of house stuff I feel that it is all I do.  Dh get's to come home and relax or go out and play.  Saturday/Sunday while I was gone studying he made a mess in a project he was doing said he would clean it up but it's still all over the dining room. I am not going to mess with it. But it is irking me.

If you say you are going to clean it up. Do it. Sorry for the confession/vent.

• I confess that it is really hard for me to be doing the majority of the baby care.  DH and I have a pretty egalitarian marriage, so always feeling like the baby is my responsibility is really hard.

Of course, DH will probably be feeling this way once I'm back at work.....

Baby K ~ born July 1
  • I confess that I think my fluffy kitties are cuter than a lot of kids I see when I'm out and about
  • image champagnedreams:
    I confess that I think my fluffy kitties are cuter than a lot of kids I see when I'm out and about

LOL! THIS!

And cleaner, quieter, cheaper, better behaved, and they don't bring home germs from school. :)

• i confess i sent a REALLY b!thcy facebook message to a girl i was supposed to trade jewelry with....her necklace got to me, but my earrings never got to her. i didn't get a tracking number or anyhthing so it's totally my fault, and since it's still not there i was gonna offer to send her thing back to her, or pay her.

UNTIL she sends me a message being all "guess you never sent it, karma is a b!tch, hope you're enjoying your stuff".

so i may or may not have told her that i did send it, but i haven't had time to go to the post office to see if there's anything they can do because i've been dealing with my mom's best friend's suicide. and SHE isn't my main priority right now.

my guess is i never hear from her again.

• I confess I'm praying I deliver this baby in the middle of the night so I can not call our families and then tell them I didn't want them driving in the middle of the night.  The thought of people hanging out in the hospital while I wait to push this kid out of my vag really bothers me.  Plus, I want time alone with just her, H, and I before anyone else meets her.  If everyone is just sitting in the waiting room I'm afraid I'll feel obligated to just let them in so they don't get pissy about waiting. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image UGADawg8:
    I confess I'm praying I deliver this baby in the middle of the night so I can not call our families and then tell them I didn't want them driving in the middle of the night.  The thought of people hanging out in the hospital while I wait to push this kid out of my vag really bothers me.  Plus, I want time alone with just her, H, and I before anyone else meets her.  If everyone is just sitting in the waiting room I'm afraid I'll feel obligated to just let them in so they don't get pissy about waiting. 

I completely understand. Since I ended up having a c-section, I was thrilled to tell my mother that they only let 1 person in the delivery room and obviously that would be DH. I know she wanted so badly to be  in there, but I didn't want the added stress and it's such a personal moment, I only wanted to share it with DH (no offense to mom). I hope your baby either comes at night, or comes out quickly so you don't have to worry about a bunch of people waiting around. 

[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/23vnxaq.jpg[/img]

[URL=http://www.thebabycorner.com/countdowns/][IMG]http://thebabycorner.com/countdowns/image.php?type=2&o=10&c=5&date=2012-9-18&babyname=Brynn%20Elise[/IMG][/URL]
  • image UGADawg8:
    I confess I'm praying I deliver this baby in the middle of the night so I can not call our families and then tell them I didn't want them driving in the middle of the night.  The thought of people hanging out in the hospital while I wait to push this kid out of my vag really bothers me.  Plus, I want time alone with just her, H, and I before anyone else meets her.  If everyone is just sitting in the waiting room I'm afraid I'll feel obligated to just let them in so they don't get pissy about waiting. 

Can you just tell everyone what you want, i.e., not to have them hanging around the hospital waiting for you to deliver?  Are they so far away that you don't want to wait to call them until after the baby's born?

I laid down the law with the ILs and my parents - no waiting in the hospital, they would get a call when the baby arrived.  Then and only then were they welcome to come to the hospital.  But both sets of parents flew in before she was born, so they were already in town.

Baby K ~ born July 1
  • image UGADawg8:

Semi-related: I've heard of people fibbing about their due dates and saying they're 6 or so weeks behind when they really are so that when they have the baby, they're all, "oh! we had the baby last night!" so people aren't up in their business of "have you had that baby yet?" and are on pins and needles every time the phone rings. 

I confess that I would totally subscribe to this method if I thought for a minute I could keep up with the lie of being 6 weeks behind when I actually was. I hate people in my business. 

• image tgirl613:

image UGADawg8:

Can you just tell everyone what you want, i.e., not to have them hanging around the hospital waiting for you to deliver?  Are they so far away that you don't want to wait to call them until after the baby's born?

I laid down the law with the ILs and my parents - no waiting in the hospital, they would get a call when the baby arrived.  Then and only then were they welcome to come to the hospital.  But both sets of parents flew in before she was born, so they were already in town.

I tried saying something to my mom along the lines of I don't understand why people just want to sit at the hospital and wait and how it's so boring. . . she was all like I don't care, I want to be there.  urgh. 

There is just no way I could not tell people til after she was here unless it was the middle of the night, even then my mom will get pissed.  It's just annoying how everyone feels like they need to be all up in your business from the minute you go in to labor.  Seriously people, there will be plenty of time for you to see the kid!!  I also feel like if the parents want to take some time for just them to enjoy their new baby it's like they are selfish a*holes.  I just hate how pushy people are about new babies.  If you aren't going to be the one who is up all night feeding the kid, changing the kid, and holding it while it cries, you just need to back off and wait until the new parents are ready to share the kid with you. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image UGADawg8:
    image tgirl613:

image UGADawg8:

I tried saying something to my mom along the lines of I don't understand why people just want to sit at the hospital and wait and how it's so boring. . . she was all like I don't care, I want to be there.  urgh. 

There is just no way I could not tell people til after she was here unless it was the middle of the night, even then my mom will get pissed.  It's just annoying how everyone feels like they need to be all up in your business from the minute you go in to labor.  Seriously people, there will be plenty of time for you to see the kid!!  I also feel like if the parents want to take some time for just them to enjoy their new baby it's like they are selfish a*holes.  I just hate how pushy people are about new babies.  If you aren't going to be the one who is up all night feeding the kid, changing the kid, and holding it while it cries, you just need to back off and wait until the new parents are ready to share the kid with you. 

Amen.  and you and DH are going to want some time with just the 3 of you (although you will get plenty of that if you keep the baby in the room with you).  I hope you find a way to get everyone to back off!

Baby K ~ born July 1
  • With DS1, we called folks to let them know I was in labor.  Then my family proceeded to call me every 30 minutes.  Like I really wanted to talk to them during labor.  With DS2, no one knew until he was here.

Both time we told families (all out of town) that they could visit after 2 weeks.  We wanted time to settle in.  That was the best decision we made.  I'd recommend taking a hard stance with family now, as it sets the tone for the rest of your life in relation to your kids.  This isn't about them, it's about your new family.