September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Monday!

GM ladies! We had a busy weekend and I'm exhausted and I sound like a frog.

Saturday we drove to Atl, celebrated the BIL's b-day, went to the Braves game, saw an old friend (score!) and headed back to their house and spent the night. I slept for 12 hours (11-11...oops) but so needed it. We went shopping and I found J some Chaps shirts for Christmas that were $5 and $6 and got BIL and my nephew part of their Christmas too.

Glad my Cowboys won last night! And J and I tried to figure out our budget. I say try because I'm not sure if I did it right so I signed up on mint.com to see if that will help. Fingers crossed. But hopefully, we can start saving some now. The first two weeks will be rough every month but that's okay.

How is everyone else??

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]

Re: Monday!

• This was one crazy weekend.

K's SUV died on Friday afternoon - couldn't get it started when he went to leave work, spent an hour trying and finally just gave up.  Luckily we have an extra car so a coworker drove him home, he picked up the spare wheels and drove back to pick up Baby Q.  When I got home I told him we're not dealing with an unreliable car all winter long and we were going truck shopping on Saturday.  We were planning to buy in the spring anyway, so it's just a little sooner than we hoped.

Saturday am the tree dude finally came to drop the trunks of our two trees.  We spent 7 hours in the car dealership (went through 3 sales people and the finance guy goofed so he had to rerun numbers - twice) and drove away in a new Dodge Ram.  K gets this huge grin on his face as we're pulling out and says "I got a Hemi."  Boys.

Sunday K goes to fix the broke-down SUV.  After 3 hours and a new ignition switch he is still stumped, so he rents a dolly & tows it back to the house...only to find out that it was just a blown fuse.  But at least it's fixed and it can be sold...listing should hit Ebay tonight.  I hit the half-price consignment sale for clothing for Q and got 5 outfits for $8.50.  And we cut up most of the wood from the trees and stacked it - my shoulders are killing me from the size of those pieces.

I'm almost happy to be at work - at least things are pretty calm around here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • good morning, ladies.

had a nice, relaxing weekend.  went for my first 12 mile run and made AWESOME time.  other than that we cleaned, did errands, and took care of my moms dogs.  We did not volunteer which made me feel bad, but neither of us had the energy to do much.  The dogs really zapped us!  I will be blogging about how they are great birth control.  Ugh.

Huge conference this week.  Will be around a bit, but mostly I will be running around!  

Happy Monday! 

ETA, caroline the corolla is STILL not fixed, after $750 as G was driving her home, she died again.  They think it is the transmission...WTF. 

• image emilyann21:

I slept for 12 hours (11-11...oops) but so needed it.

So jealous.

And our budget is the same way - everything (except the satellite and the cell phone bill) is due in the first two weeks of the month.  So we spend the rest of the month stashing $$ away so we can pay the bills for next month.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • image shauni27:

ETA, caroline the corolla is STILL not fixed, after $750 as G was driving her home, she died again.  They think it is the transmission...WTF. 

Eek! I hate when mechanics play the guessing game on cars. Hopefully, they'll get it fixed this go around but transmission? Wowzer. Sorry :(

Glad you rocked your run!

Susie - Yay for the new truck but boo for the broken down, but now, fixed car. Hopefully, it's sales quickly!

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Our budget is also that way as well. Everything is do the 1st of the month or the very end, which is all the same pay checks.

This weekend was pretty laid back Greg worked all weekend open to close so I just kinda hung out and relaxed. Greg informed me that he may have to work next Sunday(our anniversary) I have been telling him he needs that day off for weeks. He agrees that he needs to be off because it is our first.

YEsterday I went to visit Greg at work to watch the Patriots game. Thankfully one of our friends was there watching the game so I wasn't the wierd pregnant lady sitting at the bar watching sports by herself.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry to hear about all the car issues everyone has been having.  When the transmission went on my last car, that's when I knew it was time to get rid of her - she just wasn't worth the repairs.  I almost wish she had died a year sooner, since we'd dumped about $1500 her in the previous 9 months or so.  Blah.

Our weekend was good - we drove to NJ to visit Jeff's parents' new puppy.  The puppy is SO stinking cute (I'll post a pic in a bit) and unbelievably sweet and calm for a puppy.  Even though it's always stressful visiting them, it was nice that they finally have a guest room for us so we got to sleep on a real bed and have our own space.  That doesn't change a lot of the things I hate about staying there, but it's definitely a huge improvement.

On the drive to NJ we got to talking about our shoe collections and we made bets about how many pairs we each own.  Jeff bet I had more than 70, I bet that he had more than 30.  Turns out I have 62 (67 if you include slippers and snow boots) and he has 25, so we both lost one and won one.  Then he got to thinking about my sweater collection and bet me that I have over 100 - even with his ridiculous criteria (seriously, not all cardigans are sweaters!) I only have 82 so I won that one, too.  As a prize I got to buy new sweaters, so I have a shipment from VS coming.  Big Smile  I decided to get rid of a few pairs of shoes and LOTS of sweaters - the shoes are mostly trash, but the sweaters are in good condition so I think I'm going to try and sell them at a consignment shop or something.  It was nice getting the chance to sort through everything, cull the crap, and reorganize my closet, while switching it over for cooler weather.  It was actually a hugely productive day!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Morning ladies. Pretty boring wekend around here for the most part. Was excited that hubby texted to ask if I wanted to go to dinner out on Friday... Yay! I haven't been out of the house much since I'm just getting back to subbing. Hopefully our lavk of money situation will be resolved soon. Working at a new school today, somewhat worried about that, but it seems to be going okay so far. I'll try to respond to others and be more detailed when I get done and home after 3ish. Have a good day otherwise girls! :)
    [url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • Laura, that is funny, we did something similar this weekend!  We have SO many shoes between the two of us (mostly me) but not as many as you!  I would say I have 30 pairs of shoes and Gerren has 20?  But his are all boots and crap for working.

Then I started telling him he has too many clothes, none of which he wears.  He has over 50 t shirts and only 2 other nice button up shirts (both in blah white).  Nothing in between.  And 15 dirty dingy sweat shirts and about 15 pairs of dirty dingy jeans.  He went SHOPPING on his OWN yesterday and picked out a new wardrobe.  Guess what he will be getting for the holidays :)  He also took 2 big boxes of clothes and got rid of them (donated them to flood victims) so he isn't adding to the crap he already has.

Also, it should be noted Gerren has over 50 hats. 

• We definitely need to go through our clothes some more, maybe next weekend.  We both have an excess of clothes that we don't wear, and it would be nice to have the space.  I'll donate everything but the sweaters, because they are all pretty nice and I could use some extra cash.  If they wind up not being worth anything, though, I'll donate them.
  • image LauraT25:
    We definitely need to go through our clothes some more, maybe next weekend.  We both have an excess of clothes that we don't wear, and it would be nice to have the space.  I'll donate everything but the sweaters, because they are all pretty nice and I could use some extra cash.  If they wind up not being worth anything, though, I'll donate them.

We've been going through the same process the last few weeks.  We dropped three garbage bags full of clothing in the donation bins on Saturday morning.  And we brought the bins of fall/winter clothing down from the attic, so more will be going as we switch out our summer stuff.  K is good about sorting through his stuff every 6 months or so but I'm not.  It's very cathartic when I do get around to it, though.

• Morning all.  Pretty boring weekend over here too, even though it was our anniversary.  We couldn't decide on a dinner place and ended up going to a fancy steakhouse w/ no reservations.  Had to wait 1/2 hour, but it was worth it, we got the best seat in the house.  City view and mountain view right at sunset, so we say daytime and nighttime views.  Food was absolutely amazing!  Crab cakes, best salmon I've ever had and the most delectable creme brulee for dessert.  I was feeling sick near the end, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I should.  3 hours is a long time to be at a restaurant when you're feeling like poo.  No sexy time for DH, I passed out immediately upon getting home.

Sunday was boring.  Lots of football (hello, NFL RedZone, where have you been all our lives) and sleeping.  Still trying to recover.  Think I had a sinus infection which caused a fever.  Boo hiss.

We still can't decide if we're going anywhere for an anniversary trip.  DH refuses to go in the ocean in CA b/c of the sewage backup caused by that big power outage.  I kinda just want to bag it.  All this hype over one day when we've really been together 10 years. I think I'm just in a funk today.. 

• Laura-It blows my mind that you have so many sweaters.  I don't think I have 82 tops total, let alone sweaters..  But then again, I purge my clothes at least twice a year.  I'm sure if I didn't, I might have that many...
  • image brew311:
    Laura-It blows my mind that you have so many sweaters.  I don't think I have 82 tops total, let alone sweaters..  But then again, I purge my clothes at least twice a year.  I'm sure if I didn't, I might have that many...

Yeah, I don't purge often enough.  I did go through last year and get rid of stuff that was worn out or had shrunk in the wash, but there were still plenty of things that I never wear.

• image brew311:

We still can't decide if we're going anywhere for an anniversary trip.  DH refuses to go in the ocean in CA b/c of the sewage backup caused by that big power outage.  I kinda just want to bag it.  All this hype over one day when we've really been together 10 years. I think I'm just in a funk today.. 

This is us. J has me last night if I wanted to go back to Asheville this weekend. I flat out told him I was tired of traveling and the thought of driving 6 hours there Friday night, hanging out Saturday and driving 6 hours back on Sunday was unappealing. I did a quick figure of the bills left to pay plus the paychecks left this month and told him he could get his tv now and we could take the trip in Christmas and stay longer since I won't have work and that's a 3 pay check month.

• Somehow I was actually excited for it to be Monday, because our weekend was so boring.  Hmm, this isn't going to last long! 

All this talk is making me want to go home and clean my closet!  I've got a ton of stuff in there that I don't use, and I feel like I just keep taking over more and more of our closet. 

Yesterday we just watched football and cleaned; ILs are coming in Friday afternoon, and my baby shower is Saturday at my friend's house in Sonoma. 

Yay for a new truck, Susie!  I really want a new car, even though mine is fine for now.  Sigh, I hate thinking resonsibly. 

• My weekend was pretty decent. After monitoring my calories everyday for a month, I ate whatever I wanted over the weekend and I am sooooo paying for it now. I feel absolutely awful, but all that food was super tasty. 

Re: clothes . . . yeah, I have like no clothes. I did a major purge before we moved last year and ended up with next to nothing. It didn't really matter because everything I donated I hadn't worn in like 2 years. It's very likely that I have more shoes than I do tops. I definitely have more shoes than I have pants. I need to shop. 

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • hey all. 

I'm a pile of $hit today.  Had headache since yesterday.  Thought it was from yelling at the tv during the packer game.  Well, it stuck around and turned into a migraine.  Didn't sleep well.  Woke up this morning and still had it. called into work and went back to bed.  Woke up a couple hours later and felt guilty.  So I'm at work, with my bottle of tylenol since that's all i can take (and I WILL be taking it every 4 hours) and have declared my office a quiet zone. 

Friday we went and ordered baby furniture.  Babies r us had a sale (till sunday) buy the crib and dresser and get the changing table free.  So i'm happy with that.  Good quality too, not just particle board junk. 

Saturday J graduated.  Most unorganized even ever!  I got highly annoyed with SIL who brough a gianormous stroller and thought she'd park it in the isle.....where the graduates were walking!  Then she sucks at packing the diaper bag so she didn't have anything for the baby to play with.  So she proceeded to get up and out 3 times.  Mind you, the chairs were so close that you had to get up and get out of the isle for her to get out.  This tired, pregnant lady was super annoyed. 

Sunday I let J go goose hunting.  He was a happy camper.

Tonight we're going to meet a potential daycare lady.  Pretty sure we're going with her.  I've stalked her on facebook and she seems good.  :-) 

• Here is my new puppy sister-in-law, Zoe:

• Hi - ugh, back to work. J and I had such a great time on vacation (even though he was a sour puss on Friday and wanted to leave after 2 rides at Disneyland) and I really needed the time to recharge. Anyway, keeping this super short since work is busy (had over 300 emails, yuck).
    Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image LauraT25:

Here is my new puppy sister-in-law, Zoe:

OMG!!!  freakin adorable!!!

• image LauraT25:

Here is my new puppy sister-in-law, Zoe:

sooo cute! I want another puppy! (and by puppy I mean over a year old dog that is potty trained)

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
  • Xtine - Zoe is potty trained!  The breeder did a good job with her; I don't think I would spend that much on a dog, but it's nice that she's already potty trained at 9 weeks.
  • The cuteness is too much!  Laura, your puppy SIL is adorable.  And two thumbs up that she's already potty trained!
  • The puppy is adorable.  Did you say she's a golden?

Win for potty training.

• Yep she's a golden.  Right now she looks more like a yellow lab because she's so light and doesn't have the trademark tail yet.