Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anatomy 101 courtesy of Jameson

At work today I was teaching Kid-Ability (which is a sexual abuse prevention program) to a group of 3rd graders. And today was the good touch/problem touch/private parts lesson. So, as I'm tucking Jameson into bed, I realize that we've never really had a "private parts" talk. He knows the anatomical names, but not really that they are private.

So I'm telling him about it and that no one, except Mommy and Daddy, should touch him there (uhhhh....) unless they're helping him go potty (this is easier to explain to kids who don't need to be wiped!) and that he should not touch anyone on their private parts.

Anyway, he starts listing everyone in the house and says whether they have a "gine" or a "penises." He then says to me "Mommy, when your 'gine goes buh-bye, we'll get you a new penises and then you'll have a penises."

I didn't even know how to respond.
♥ Married my best friend 3/17/04 | Jameson 3/26/08 | Delilah 2/15/10 | Baby Elmo EDD 8/3/12 ♥

Re: Anatomy 101 courtesy of Jameson