Des Moines Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]not.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

spinoff - morning schedule

Do your preschool-aged children turn off their own alarm clock and get up by themselves?

That's the most challenging part of our morning - getting Cohen out of bed. Right now I wake him up, and it takes SO much prodding and coaxing. He's just not a morning person at all (and I totally know where he gets that).

Once he's out of bed, the rest is cake. He gets dressed, eats, and cooperates really well for the rest of the steps.

Any tips you might have are appreciated!

Happy mom to two sweet, silly boys: Cohen age 4, AJ age 2.

Re: spinoff - morning schedule

• I'm impressed that Cohen does so well after he's out of bed (yet recognizing the prior stuff remains a challenge).  My son's "fun" alarm clock for his birthday worked for awhile, and sometimes I charge my iPod on his clock and he can pick out his awaking song : ).  I'd say that what gets him up on his own is something to look forward to the next day ... and he will remember it the second he awakes!  He loves cartoons, so I'll throw in that the following morning he can watch 10 minutes of a cartoon before he goes to school ... or he likes it when I pack his lunch, so I bargain the time I take to pack the lunch to him to get going on his own.  I try to steer away from too much bargaining, but I'm comfortable with what we've tried thus far.  The only other thing I can think of is for you to be silly with him, like tickle him or sing a funny song he likes (??).

I understand that morning scramble and it can make for a rocky start.  Hopefully you will find something that works well (and, please let me know!).  

heroes