June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good news/bad news

Here are mine:

GOOD

1. TODAY IS MY LAST DAY HERE. I cannot tellllllllllllll you how good that feels.
  2. My parents are coming this weekend and they only come once a year.  I hate that I can't really "host" them like I'd like, but it will be so fun to have them here!

BAD

1. My volleyball team played even WORSE last night. I am really discouraged.
  2. I have not worked out in 2 weeks, as the only time in my schedule I CAN workout is mornings, and I have not been able to do so, obviously. I feel so gross.

image image

Re: Good news/bad news

• GOOD

1. I passed my 1-hr GD test.  I'm so glad that I don't have to deal with the 3-hr test.  I don't know how Marshall would have done being there for 3 hours or I don't know who would have watched him while I went to it.  I'm so glad I don't have to think about/worry about that.

2.  We are getting some cooler weather!  I slept so much better last night because I wasn't so hot!

BAD

1.  I found out yesterday that there is a chance that Sam has to go to a 6 week long training class in Colorado Springs.  This normally wouldn't be a big deal, but the class is scheduled to start November 9th...my c-section is scheduled for November 14th.  :-( His supervisor is working on getting him out of it, but we aren't sure if he's going to be able to or not.  So my options are 1) Sam gets out of it and everything goes as scheduled, 2) I talk to my dr. to see if they can move my c-section up to around 37w3days or so, or 3) my c-section stays the same and Sam misses is :-(

2.  Now that my brother and SIL are getting a divorce she is moving back to Ohio, which I totally understand.  But she is pretty much the only person that has ever babysat Marshall for me and Sam to be able to do any kind of date night.  All the other people I know in town that I could see doing this live really far away and it would be a huge pain to try to use them...so I don't see us having a date night any time in the future.  Not that we do it very often anyway, but I'm sad that it won't even really be an option for us any longer.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image Casperdy:

Here are mine:

GOOD

1. TODAY IS MY LAST DAY HERE. I cannot tellllllllllllll you how good that feels.
    2. My parents are coming this weekend and they only come once a year.  I hate that I can't really "host" them like I'd like, but it will be so fun to have them here!

BAD

2. I have not worked out in 2 weeks, as the only time in my schedule I CAN workout is mornings, and I have not been able to do so, obviously. I feel so gross.

You must be so happy to be out of that place!

I know how you feel with the working out. There was a good month to 6 weeks where my workouts were non existent. I felt like crap or was too exhausted. But somehow, miraculously, I didn't gain a single pound in the first tri. It will pass and you'll be able to get back into it. Are you still going to do cross-fit? 

DSC_0768
    Claire Elizabeth 12/31/2011
    Married Bio
  • GOOD

1. Long weekend plus tailgating on Saturday is going to be fantastical.

2. We're almost finished putting things back together at the house. We get to sleep in our bedroom tonight and we don't have to drop Tuck off at a friends every morning anymore. Woooot!

BAD

1. Everyone is gone since it's lunch time which means the candy basket was unattended which means I had no shame to keep me accountable. Blargh. I need better self-control.

Happiest place on Earth!
  • image cmc714:
    image Casperdy:

Here are mine:

GOOD

BAD

I know how you feel with the working out. There was a good month to 6 weeks where my workouts were non existent. I felt like crap or was too exhausted. But somehow, miraculously, I didn't gain a single pound in the first tri. It will pass and you'll be able to get back into it. Are you still going to do cross-fit? 

I was about to ask the same thing :) Are you still trying to be a trainer? I'm always curious about cross-fit.

Happiest place on Earth!
  • I think I only have good!

1 - Today is my Friday!

2 - We are going to the Vineyard for a extra long weekend. 

3 - We're going to order our baby furniture tomorrow, yay! Irene screwed up our plans for last weekend, so we decided to take tomorrow off too.

DSC_0768
    Claire Elizabeth 12/31/2011
    Married Bio
  • image MrsJaay:
    image cmc714:
    image Casperdy:

Here are mine:

GOOD

BAD

I was about to ask the same thing :) Are you still trying to be a trainer? I'm always curious about cross-fit.

I am coaching there!  Right now I've been doing 1 class/week because I've had so many jobs going on at once, but I'll start coaching more next week.  Most of the gym knows about the pregnancy, but coaching is not an issue with that stuff.

And I will keep working out with Crossfit throughout the pregnancy, but obviously, will modify where necessary.  There's a great resource, crossfitmom.com, that talks about how to scale workouts, etc. 

image image
  • GOOD NEWS

1. Car seat I found on nobetterdeals.com arrived yesterday and looks great! Just need to double check that it fits.

2. MIL supported the fact that I can't sleep on a pull out couch this weekend, so we're sleeping in the camper again this year. This was the first 'test' of MIL treating my pg needs same as her own children and I'm really pleased.

BAD NEWS

1. Um, I'm starting to having m/s now?! Lol, past 3 days at work I've gotten more and more nauseated in the mornings until I can barely eat lunch. Even with my protein snacks (cheese/peanuts) I feel awful. I'm normally okay for a bit after lunch thankfully. I keep telling myself I need to pull the b6 back out, but haven't done it yet.

2. Normally I love a long weekend, but I'm scared that my SILs are giong to make this weekend so drama ridden that I'm spending my time calming down DH. And it's his birthday tomorrow...

• Good:

Tomorrow starts fair season and the start of fall in my book. My father asked if I wanted to go with him tomorrow, with Alex, and he'll pay. Even better.

Bad:

My cousin's funeral was today. It's so hard to accept that he's really gone. His mother is a wreck and under suicide watch herself.

• GOOD

1.  We're getting the hell out of this boring town this weekend and making a trip down to Fort Collins, CO just for the fun of it.  And we get to stay in a hotel and eat at restaurants!

2.  We're planning a camping trip in the Tetons for mid-September.  Another trip away from this boring town!

BAD

1.  Kodi hasn't taken a nap in over a week, I think he might be phasing out naps entirely.  I'm not ready for that, this mama needs an afternoon break!

2.  I'm seeing new stretch marks appear on my stomach. 

Kodiak Jackson ~ 3.01.09
    Aspen Marley ~ 12.22.11
    My Blog of Randomness - Pocketful of Roses