Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Kid activities in Mpls

We are heading to Minneapolis in a few weeks to visit SIL/BIL.  We've never taken Evan (he's 2) before so this will be a different kind of trip.  We are going to see the Twins lose (ugh, what a disappointing season!) on Sunday but we're looking for something on Saturday.  SIL/BIL don't have kids so they aren't really a wealth of knowledge on fun things to do with a 2 year old.  Any ideas?  Museums, parks, anything outside would be great :)

SIL mentioned the Twin Cities Maze (http://www.twincitiesmaze.com/) which is an option. I'm just looking for other stuff: )

Oh, and the MOA is NOT an option!

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone

Re: Kid activities in Mpls

• We took the kids to Como Zoo. http://www.comozooconservatory.org/  It's a very small zoo and they have a carosel and small amusement park.  Donations are given for entrance and the rides were all very affordable.  Kaylee loved it, plus they had a camel that she thought was super cool.

There is also a Children's Museum (obviously not outdoors) that we didn't get a chance to go to, http://www.mcm.org/

• We went to Como Zoo last year and Blake liked the amusement park next too it ..maybe it was the timing of when we went but I was very disappointed in the zoo b/c there was nothing there to look at!  And I remember thinking it was very not stroller friendly!   I know we are very spoiled with our zoo but I don't think I would go back to Como Zoo.  Although the carosel was really neat and he enjoyed that. 

I have heard great things about their children's museum. 

• image HawkeyeBride04:

We went to Como Zoo last year and Blake liked the amusement park next too it ..maybe it was the timing of when we went but I was very disappointed in the zoo b/c there was nothing there to look at!  And I remember thinking it was very not stroller friendly!   I know we are very spoiled with our zoo but I don't think I would go back to Como Zoo.  Although the carosel was really neat and he enjoyed that. 

Oh no, it's not the timing... it's no Omaha Zoo (hence the donations entrance fee), but I liked how small it was.  The rides/amusement part made the trip worthwhile.

• Yeah, from what I hear Como is really good for kids. I remember my parents talking about us going there when we lived there. I have no actual memory of this :)
    * DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • image luvjon:
    image HawkeyeBride04:

We went to Como Zoo last year and Blake liked the amusement park next too it ..maybe it was the timing of when we went but I was very disappointed in the zoo b/c there was nothing there to look at!  And I remember thinking it was very not stroller friendly!   I know we are very spoiled with our zoo but I don't think I would go back to Como Zoo.  Although the carosel was really neat and he enjoyed that. 

Oh no, it's not the timing... it's no Omaha Zoo (hence the donations entrance fee), but I liked how small it was.  The rides/amusement part made the trip worthwhile.

Agree!  Blake liked the rides and amusement park but I would forgo the zoo part if we went again

• The Science Museum is really cool. It's like 3 levels, has one of those iMax theaters that the screens raises up and wraps all the way around you and they have a huge children's area. We went when I was preg with Colin... but I'm sure that E would love it. And I think our zoo pass got us a discount on admission.

Married the love of my life 6/3/06
    Became a family of three 8/25/09