Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Those with housekeepers...

About how much do they charge? We were thinking of - at some point in time - getting a housekeeper to come maybe once every two weeks and I was just curious on what is good price wise. TIA. Smile
~*~formerly SummerSweethearts2010~*~
imageimage
Shy & Zeus

Re: Those with housekeepers...

• a lot of it depends on COL and home size. When we lived in a lower COL area, it was  $85 (every two weeks). Now, its $115 every two weeks in a higher COL area. My mom has a much bigger house (in our current city) and pays $130 weekly. My MIL lives in a very very LCOL area and they pay $75 for weekly.
  • I used to clean houses when I was putting myself through college. I took care of just about everything and I got paid $50 per week. Granted, that was about 8-10 years ago so prices have gone up, but hopefully that gives you an idea.
  • We'll be getting one in a few weeks.  She charges $20/hr and typically spends 2-4 hours at a house (depending on size and frequency that she's there).
  • thank you!
    ~*~formerly SummerSweethearts2010~*~
    imageimage
    Shy & Zeus
  • like PPS have mentioned - depends on area, # of times they are cleaning per month, etc...  we pay $90 for 3200 square feet every other week.
    Margaret ~Wife to Mark (2007) ~Mom to Andrew (March 6, 2008) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hyperlink removed by moderator. STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS!

• We paid $90 every 2 weeks and tipped $20.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • This reply has been edited by a moderator.

STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS.