Green Living
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

lunchbox questions to those of you with kids

My baby is going to kindergarten next week and I'm attempting to make his lunches already. What do you send to drink with your kids lunches? At home I usually just do 2 cups of organic milk (am and pm) and then water. I thought about just sending him a thermos with water and ice in it. Any good tips for a kinder would be appreciated since I want him to be independent and be able to open things himself. I have gotten him some organic gogurt to freeze and he can open it himself. Thanks!!!

Re: lunchbox questions to those of you with kids

• I have these refillable "juice box" type containers. I usually pack organic lemonade with their lunch, but I also send their water bottles in their backpack. Sometimes I'll give them the Organic Valley milk boxes. For a special treat I'll give them the vanilla or chocolate varieties.
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/24b6p9h.jpg[/IMG]
  • I just send a Camelback water bottle. She really doesn't like milk much.

Make sure that your school allows gogurt. My daughter's doesn't. 

• Ds is just in preschool but if I pack a lunch for us on the weekends he gets either water with ice or decaf black or green iced tea with a lemon slice. I don't pack milk because I'm super anal about it being refrigerated or kept ice cold. I pack them in a kids camelbak.
    [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/258tto1.png[/IMG]