Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dear Workplace Fools that make the Rules:

If you're gonna yell at our division every year for not spending enough $$ with minority owned businesses, I'm gonna have to ask that you stop entering into company-wide contracts with non-MBE vendors that you force us to use.

Anyone else want to add their letter to the WorkPlace Fools?

Re: Dear Workplace Fools that make the Rules:

• I'll add another one on behalf of my sister & BIL:

If you're gonna hire a sales manager, pay him solely on commission, and tell him you're hiring him for the purpose of increasing your sales... you cannot then get upset that he is making too much money and decide to restructure his commission scale
    (ie. you're doing too good of a job at exactly what we hired you to do, so we want to pay you less).

• Those situations are both crazy!

Here's mine: 

Dear sales people, the sales close date for products to be delivered this fiscal year was June 30. I sympathize that you're way short of your targets, but you CANNOT sell something August 20 and expect it to be delivered before September 30. These products take 3-4 months to complete, and we cannot compress that down into 5 weeks no matter how many times you ask.

(but they keep putting things on the book for this fiscal, and we'll have to try to complete them...and then we'll catch flack for anything that doesn't deliver)

The Fluffy Cat says... "Boxes are the best toys ever invented!"
  • Not wanting to have my pukey kid picked up and watched by my back-up childcare provider until I get off work at my normal does NOT mean my priorities are in conflict. It means my priorities are in the precise order in which they need to be. You are losing a good employee and have no idea.