BNOTB
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I always realize I need to go to the grocery at the worst times.

I've been making a grocery list because we're out of everything good.  I prefer to go in the evening, and week nights are usually ok. 

Then I just realized it's 5:30pm...on a Friday...

Now I'm considering starving.

Re: I always realize I need to go to the grocery at the worst times.

• it might be worth it if your store is anything like ours is on a Friday evening... or Sunday morning
    BNOTB September Siggy Challenge: What I Will Miss About Summer: Swimming whenever I want. This is a pic of the largest pool in the world.
  • Oh, you're lucky!  Ours is always packed on Friday evenings for some reason.  I think a lot of people like to go as soon as they get off work (and bring their kids with them...blah). 

I suppose I could wait awhile, but I keep searching through the cabinets for something to eat, lol, and DH will be home for his lunch break soon. 

• Oh yeah... I like Thursdays at 3 ish. Right before most other people get off work.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • I'd be ordering pizza or something..

I always go Monday or Tuesday morning between 9-11AM. Otherwise there are families or a ton of people.

• I think you misunderstand - it might be worth it to starve! lol

Ours is PACKED 

BNOTB September Siggy Challenge: What I Will Miss About Summer: Swimming whenever I want. This is a pic of the largest pool in the world.
  • Ala -- I wish I could order pizza.  This food cripple hasn't eaten from a single restaurant since October.  This should be some kind of record in America!

Mina -- Yes, I misunderstood.  I thought you meant yours wasn't bad on Fridays. lol

• I can't even remember the last time I went a month without eating out!! 

We've started eating out better though, mostly going to subway or quiznos... yummm... now I'm hungry :( 

• Before I had food allergies we used to eat out about once a week or every other week just for something different.  We weren't huge restaurant people but it was nice to go out and change it up.

I also worked at Subway while I was in high school and college and got free food so I ate there most nights for dinner while I was working.  It's weird looking back on it because now I can't have any of that! 

For a while I missed a lot of things (pizza, chocolate, etc.), but now I'm pretty used to it.  The only things that truly suck are events (like weddings and Thanksgiving) and I'm really concerned about what I'm going to do when we travel.  I guess I'll have to spend time grocery shopping which doesn't sound appealing while on vacation.  

• wow, I can't imagine having to deal with food allergies!

I particularly feel bad for people allergic to fruit.. I might just have to keep an epi pen on me at all times for that one - i couldn't live without fruit.

The worst thing I've had to deal with is a gallbladder.. I had to have mine removed when I was 13 and had bad heartburn forever without it (because i didn't change my eating habits) now I have it much better controlled and know that if I go out to eat and get greasy food, I'm going to suffer 

We go grocery shopping when we're on vacation anyway - when we get to wherever we're going, we go to the nearest grocery store and buy like sandwich makings, snack foods, sodas, etc. it makes the entire vacation less expensive - we eat out once a day (usually dinner) then just eat the rest at home.

• I hear you. We always have to shop on the weekends since FI has the ID card so we can get on base. Sundays around noon are the worst!
  • Ours is packed all the time. Doesnt matter when you go. We had no food yesterday so I had to go. Sunday at 4 was a bad idea.
    BabyFruit Ticker