BNOTB
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Family Medical Update - Again

My CIL (cousin in law) has been transferred from the ICU to the Neurology department finally!

The bleeding in his brain has stopped completely for now.

Their main concern is trying to keep his BP stabilized, but they've been able to give him medication orally now instead of in an IV. This morning he was able to eat a cup of applesauce and an Ensure, it's the first food he's kept down since Wednesday.

Physical Therapy will be coming to assess him today to see if it is possible for him to get from the bed to a chair. And to see what other therapy he will be needing. He's having better luck with his memory, slurring, and anger.. but he still has trouble putting sentences together sometimes or uses words incorrectly - but he is able to tell that he's having problems. 

He's having blurry vision and pain, but they are able to give him some pain medication that has been helping.

Thanks for all your T&Ps - it's really appreciated!

---

Sunday night was a not so good night. CIL has problems with his BP again/fevers/pain. They can't get his BP under control again, he got no sleep, and they may have to transfer him back to the ICU.

Re: Family Medical Update - Again

• image alabaster_angel:

My CIL (cousin in law) has been transferred from the ICU to the Neurology department finally!

The bleeding in his brain has stopped completely for now.

Their main concern is trying to keep his BP stabilized, but they've been able to give him medication orally now instead of in an IV. This morning he was able to eat a cup of applesauce and an Ensure, it's the first food he's kept down since Wednesday.

Physical Therapy will be coming to assess him today to see if it is possible for him to get from the bed to a chair. And to see what other therapy he will be needing. He's having better luck with his memory, slurring, and anger.. but he still has trouble putting sentences together sometimes or uses words incorrectly - but he is able to tell that he's having problems. 

He's having blurry vision and pain, but they are able to give him some pain medication that has been helping.

Thanks for all your T&Ps - it's really appreciated!

That's great news!

I also love your siggy picture!

• It sounds like an improvement. We'll keep the prayers coming!

• Hang in there. I hope that he will have continued progress with his recovery.
  • That's great news that he was moved from the ICU, the bleeding has stopped, and he can finally keep some food down!  What a scary situation.  I can't imagine what he and the rest of your family is going through. 

I meant to tell you the other day that I saw your OP about this but the thread had been knocked to the next page by the time I got on here.  I've been sending T&Ps your way and his!   

• He was able to eat a little for lunch too, but not able to make it to a chair today. Even stretching his legs in bed has been exhausting him.

We're going to visit on Tuesday either in the hospital or at their house - he requested time with the spawn.

• I missed your OP but hope that everything is ok ~ my t&p's are especially with those with brain injuries/medical problems since it hits close to home.  The brain is an incredible thing and its healing capabilites are endless.  I hope your CIL continues to improve quickly!  A few weeks can make such an amazing difference.
    Favorite Flower

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/24g24xe.jpg[/IMG]