Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Wet dog food?

2bjam2bjam member
I am looking to feed my dog a better diet. He is turning 12 in a couple months (and is a 13lb. Rat Terrier). He is in overall good health, but I recently became concerned about his diet as I've read more reviews. He has been eating those small Pedigree Pouches for senior dogs for years and loves it. But, after researching, I can't help but feel like I'm feeding him the equivalent of "fast food" for each meal. I do cook for both pups occasionally, chicken, rice and veggies, but he will NOT eat dry food. Anyone have any suggestions for a healthy, wet food for a small breed dog that you've had success with?

Re: Wet dog food?

• If your pup likes wet food, consider feeding pre-mixed raw. You can thaw it in the fridge and it's one step better than a high quality wet food. We use Northwest Naturals, Primal and Aunt Jeni's, but you could look into Bravo as well. If you plan on feeding it to both pups, Bravo chubs/tubes would be the best bet, cost wise.

If you are stuck on wet food, look for brands like Wellness, Nature's Variety, Merrick, Fromm, or any of the 5 or 6 star foods on Dog Food Analysis.