Upstate NY Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Grafton Lakes State Park

Can anyone tell me about this park?

Amenities, how busy it is on weekends, or would you recommend another park instead - and overall, is it worth an hour's drive?

Re: Grafton Lakes State Park

• I haven't been since I was a teenager but I remember we always had a great time.  I loved going there as a kid.  I don't remember it being too busy.  I know we'd get there early so we could get a picnic table in the shade.  My parents would claim the table and then we'd go swimming for a bit and then eat lunch.  My family still talks about the memories of going there, there's a funny story about when we went there that gets brought up every once in a while. 

I've actually been talking to my sister about possibly taking my nephew there sometime this summer.  I think he'd love it!  I'm sure your girls would love it too.

• It's nice, they have rowboats, and a playground, and other typical statepark things (hiking trails, lake).  It gets very crowded on the weekends. 

A few weeks ago my extended family went to Cherry Plain State Park.  We had about a dozen people from age 2 to 60, and everyone enjoyed it alot.  They also had a rowboat rental, but also hiking, picnic tables, a playground and campsites.  It was pretty awesome.  It's about 45 minutes off of the East Greenbush exit on 90. 

• That's funny, we spent a whole Saturday at Cherry Plain a couple weekends ago!  It was very nice, not too crowded.  I was wondering if Grafton is way too crowded compared to Cherry Plain.