September 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Gaga on SYTYCD

I may be the minority here, but I"m just gonna say it... Lady Gaga was incredibly amazing on So You Think You Can Dance tonight, and I may have fallen a little bit in love with her. Her outfit was atrocious until she took the hat off -- then seeing her shoes made it atrocious again. But, outfit aside, I actually can see Lady Gaga as a human being now that she's been on the show. I really liked Gaga before, but I REALLY like her now. :) Thank you SYTYC for making me have little schoolgirl loves for musicians/celebrities again (let's not even talk about Neil Patrick Harris last week... love him!).
BabyFruit Tickerimage

Mr. and Mrs. est. September 6, 2008 Expecting Baby #1 October 1, 2013

Re: Gaga on SYTYCD

• We don't usually watch SYTYCD, but did last night. It's so weird about Gaga. She's pretty well spoken and had great things to say...but then she's still Gaga...it's so odd. I would have like to have seen her walk in those shoes!
  • We saw an interview with her on 20/20 or a similar show months ago, and after that, I have a lot of respect for her. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders, and she says she does the crazy outfits partly to detract away from her personal life. Keeps people wondering about what she's wearing and not who she is dating etc. I don't watch SYTYCD...wonder if I can see it online.
  • I like her.  I watched a documentary that followed her on TV and she does seem like a genuine person and I like that she writes her own stuff.  I haven't seen last night's episode yet.  I hope to watch it tongiht.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • I adored her last night. I think it was so incredible to see emotion out of her too.  I love how well-spoken she is and always had really good things to say about the dancers.  The more I see her/learn about her, the more I love her and what she does... nevermind the fact that she always seems to make what she does "about the fan"... that the fans are truly what keeps her doing what she does.

<a target="_blank" href="http://tinyurl.com/7ntsl4" target="_blank">[Bibbity Bobbity Blog]</a>...<a target="_blank" href="http://tinyurl.com/44ugfp8
    " target="_blank">[Wiggy Say Cheese]</a>

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wN43Vv4/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wN43Vv4/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • Kasi80Kasi80 member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary
    I saw her in concert a few years ago before she really really took off (when only two of her songs were popular) and she really is a talented girl. 

CRAFTY ME 

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image marytini:
    She seems to have a good head on her shoulders, and she says she does the crazy outfits partly to detract away from her personal life. .

This makes total sense and I think she is incredibly successful in doing so. As others mentioned, she was so well spoken and showed emotion on the show. If you can catch it online or on demand, watch some of it! She will be on the show tonight, but she's performing, not judging.

BabyFruit Tickerimage

Mr. and Mrs. est. September 6, 2008 Expecting Baby #1 October 1, 2013