September 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

::Thursday Poll::

If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be?

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far?

What is most important to you right now?

Name three things on your "bucket list."

Food Blog! image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Amber has read 17 books toward her goal of 35 books.
hide

Re: ::Thursday Poll::

• If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be? My wedding album, my kindle, and Josh's baby book

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far? I would say that the day Josh was born was the most important event in my life thus far.

What is most important to you right now? Rick & Josh are the most important things right now all the extra stuff is just extra

Name three things on your "bucket list." Take a family vacation to Disney, See a Red Sox World Series game, & Go on a REAL honeymoon with Rick to some place warm and tropical.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • xojo1xojo1 member
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be? My stuffed hippo, my baby blanket, and the cds with all our photos on them.

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far? Grad school as a whole. My outlook on the world and what part I want to play in it has been transformed.

What is most important to you right now? Getting a new job.

Name three things on your "bucket list." Travel through Europe. Make a wedding cake. Run a marathon.

my read shelf:
    Jo's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Blog
  • If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be? My huge tote of old pictures, a painting from my fridge that Brody did for me, and the DVD's of old family videos. Everything else can be replaced.

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far? My divorce has been the most changing thing in my life (aside from becoming a mother). It has taught me so much about myself as a person, the person I want to be and the mother that I am to Brody. I consider it to be a blessing in disguise

What is most important to you right now? Staying an independent, strong woman who is a good role model for my son

Name three things on your "bucket list." Is it bad to say I don't have a bucket list?!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be? My teddy bear, my  kindle and a painting of my gram a neighbor made for me.

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far? Honestly? Leaving my parents for college, I knew if I didn't leave that island I would be there forever and I'm grateful every single day that my parents pushed me to work hard and leave, it does make me sad that I can't see them as much as I would like but I know it's what they wanted. 

What is most important to you right now? Getting back on the healthy track and exercising, I need to get it together now.

Name three things on your "bucket list." Traveling through Europe, going on a Grand Canyon and Yellowstone sight seeing road trip, owning a property for the summer where my parents live.

Books read in 2011: 111

Books read in 2012: 100
    Books read in 2013: 75
    Books read in 2014: 130
    Books read in 2015: 98
    my read shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be? My computer with all our pictures on them (just the tower, I can get a new monitor), the pearl necklace DH got me when we were in HI, our safe with all our legal docs in it (this one is kinda lame; can't think of anything else right now).

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far? Going to Australia - I never would have met DH (most likely since we weren't in the same department at school and didn't have overlapping friends). Going there was an amazing experience in and of itself. ETA: Going to Australia was on my bucket list. Huge check!

What is most important to you right now? My friend having an amazing time at her shower Saturday.

Name three things on your "bucket list." Travel to Italy, have a baby, ...can't think of a 3rd right now. There are things I'd like to do, but if I didn't that would be okay. The two I listed are musts at some point in my life.

HCM ~ 9.6.08

[Wedding] [Blogging] [Nesting]
  • If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be? Diaper bag, my camera and my flash drives (that have all of my pictures on them)

What do you consider the most changing or most importnant event in your life so far? Having Eli has completely changed my life, not to mention my perspective on life. (A close second is going to Australia, therefore meeting Justin, moving to Maryland, getting married and having Eli!)

What is most important to you right now? Being the best mom I can be, while also juggling being a good wife, being good at my job and running a house.

Name three things on your "bucket list." Travel to Italy and Greece is the only thing I can think of...

Food Blog! image

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Amber has read 17 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be? This is hard, b/c the important things I'd grab are in a fireproof safe... such as Jewelry from my gram & great gram, our wedding proofs (my parents and inlaws also have a copy too) I think everything else can be replaced.

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far? I would say completing my undergrad. I had a really hard time with my major and was dating the anti-Christ during the majority of the time, which took away from my college work and experience...breaking away from him and meeting M, graduating and  getting married :)

What is most important to you right now? finding happiness

Name three things on your "bucket list." Have a baby, go to Napa and tour Europe (This was hard for me since I recently checked off 2 big ones, Italy (our hm) and seeing a shuttle launch!

Married, At Last 09.20.08
  • If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be? My grandmothers Ring, CDs with our backed up photos, our Mac book

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far? Having Norah.

What is most important to you right now? Family, making sure Norah is healthy and happy and I am teaching her good things, that my marraige is not neglected and that I am being healthy for BWT2.0.

Name three things on your "bucket list." Visit the Taj Mahal, Visit St. Petersburg in Russia, learn another language well enough to use it.

imageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • mesa81mesa81 member

If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be? 1) baby blanket 2) ring from my grandfather 3) purse? (the first two are not easily accessible... I would probably burn before I figured out where they were... I honestly can't think of a good third thing)

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far? Hmmm, breaking up with an ex- relationship out of loneliness and really not healthy... or dating DH (I was happy being single at the time)  

What is most important to you right now? The parasite in my belly Stick out tongue

Name three things on your "bucket list."  1) be debt free 2) visit the Galapagos Islands or Alaska/ Fiji/ New Zealand (I'm not picky) 3) teach myself to run

• If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be?  camera, computer (since all my pictures are stored there), and probably my purse

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far?  the day I found out I was pregnant.  It brought in this whole new level of importance to our lives (and a new level of worry!)

What is most important to you right nowgrowing this baby Smile

Name three things on your "bucket list."  go back to Italy (and hopefully hit Greece too) and have more kids.  I don't really have a list

• Kasi80Kasi80 member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary

If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be?  My laptop which houses most of my pictures from 5 years until now, my bin of printed pictures, and my purse (which luckily always has my Kindle in it!)

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far?  Joining the military at the age of 18.

What is most important to you right nowBeing happy and having a loving family.

Name three things on your "bucket list."  Tour Europe and Japan, buy a vacation house in Hawaii, travel up and down the east coast and see all the sights.  I have done the last one already but would love for Andrew and Suri to see it.

CRAFTY ME 

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be? Our back-up drive with all our pictures stored on it. M's baby book. My purse.

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far? I have a few that stand out, but by far the one that changed me most was giving my son up for adoption.

What is most important to you right now? Family.  Nothing comes before Alexi or Mariela.

Name three things on your "bucket list." 1. Go to Hawaii and Alaska 2. Go white water rafting 3. Take my kids to Europe some day.

~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be?my purse, our emergency kit and our wedding picture.

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far?Perfect timing-buying a house!

What is most important to you right now? my health

Name three things on your "bucket list."

1. Run a half marathon-DONE
    2. Climb the Half Dome
    3. Visit Scotland again
    TTC since June 2009
    DX: MFI June 2010 & DOR Sept 2011
    Various forms of medicated cycles since June 2010
    IVF #1 tentatively scheduled for 2013
    Doing acupuncture and focus on weight loss in the meantime

S/PAIF welcome

[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/33c5hxy.jpg[/IMG]
  • If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be?  Our safe (which is small and fireproof, but would grab it anyway), Our wedding album, my lap top

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far? having Dylan.

What is most important to you right now? That my familly is healthy and happy

Name three things on your "bucket list." Go to Hawaii, Go to Europe, learn to play the piano

>
    Erin & RC 9/20/08
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10752;417/st/20100122/n/Dylan/k/297d/age.png[/img]
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/][img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10766;88/st/20111218/n/Keira/k/260c/age.png[/img][/url]
  • If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be? My wedding album, my laptop and my jewelry box (it's a family heirloom). 

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far? Probably meeting my husband. 

What is most important to you right now? Trying to get a balance between work and personal life. 

Name three things on your "bucket list."  Working at a conference office, living on the west coast and working at a school in Texas.

[Health and Fitness Blog] [Married & House Bio]
  • If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be? My box of scrapbook albums, my laptop (with all the photos that aren't in albums yet), my childhood teddy bear

What do you consider the most changing or most important  event in your life so far?  Meeting Jonathan

What is most important to you right now? Being happy and just taking time to enjoy life

Name three things on your "bucket list." Visit NYC, run in a half or full marathon, have a bady

• If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be? The jewelry box with my great grandmother's pearls and the pearl earrings B bought me for the wedding, P's baby book, my sewing machine

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far? When my best friend was killed in the car accident

What is most important to you right now? P&B

Name three things on your "bucket list." Hike the AT, go to the Galapagos, go to Germany and/or Ireland with my brother

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Becky has read 2 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things (assuming family and pets were already safe), what would they be? computer with external hard drive, my filing box (has all our important papers), our china from Brian's grandmother. 

What do you consider the most changing or most important event in your life so far? college. I think that is really when I became who I am today. I think it was very important for my sister and I to go to different colleges and be apart and  become our own person (we almost went to the same school). I still say "we" alot, but I think I always will.

What is most important to you right now? Brian and Ty

Name three things on your "bucket list." fill my passport with stamps, become fluent or conversational in a foreign language, ?