Upstate NY Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

**Kevinandmonica**

Since you are from Florida, I was curious how you would compare the heat/humidity here to Florida, especially this week. I went to Miami a few years ago in August, and it was SO uncomfortable.

Re: **Kevinandmonica**

• I LOVE it!!!    Sick puppy, right?  Smile  lol

Actually, I have to say, the heat in Florida is much easier to handle... for a few reasons: 

1.  It is constant.  From about April-Sept/Oct it is hot hot HOT... your blood thins (seriously) and you just learn to deal.  My Dad (grew up in PA, but lived in FL for the last 30 years) thinks anything below 60* will kill him.  Up here, we wear shorts at 55. 

2.  Everybody has air conditioning.  EVERYBODY.  lol.  I finally broke down and bought a window unit AC last week... but everywhere you go down south has air conditioning, so it's easy to escape if need be.  I will never forget the first summer I lived in Syracuse... we had a "terrible heat wave" of 3 days where it was 90+... the people on the radio were telling everyone to go to malls and Wal-Marts to escape the heat.  I was like "what's wrong with them... this is gorgeous!!!  Why don't they just go to the beach or a pool or stay home in the AC if they want to whine about it... weirdos"... come to find out... not everyone has a pool or air conditioning... and not everybody likes the heat.  lol

3.  All the fun stuff is geared toward hot weather... water parks, pools, beaches... restaurants w/ outdoor seating have fans... lots of roof-top night clubs to enjoy those hot summer nights.  You are never short on things to do when it's hot... and a beach is never more than 45 muinutes away.  Up here its like... "God it's so hot... let's cancel all the outdoor fun stuff... I just want to hole myself up in a cold room somewhere and pray that this ends soon"...

So.... I guess it's not necessarily that the weather is much different (maybe a little more humid in FL b/c of all the water nearby).... but it is much more welcomed and easier to deal with.  Personally, I greet any kind of heat with an ice cold umbrella drink! Cool Cheers!!!

ETA:  I always find that the people who complain the most about the heat... are the same people complaining about the snow in Feb/March.  I looooove to remind them of that fact when they start up with their fussing.  Stick out tongue 

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Makes sense. It's all what you're used to and ready for, the same way that here it snows all the time and we manage yet a small storm to us cripples a city for days. I am so thankful for central air and my pool on days like this!
  • That's soooo true!!!  If we ever even got frost on the ground in Orlando... holy cow... look out!!  And the one year that I remember getting "snow" (I use this term lightly now... knowing what "snow" really is")... anyway the one year we got like an inch of snow, it was basically a state of emergency... roads closed, malls closed, everything closed.  Hilarious!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers