November 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Final Space Shuttle Launch

I totally geeked out and watched it steaming over the web. It gave me chills thinking that it was the end of an era.

Did anyone else watch? 

ExerciseMilestone

Re: Final Space Shuttle Launch

• I watched it online yesterday (not the same, of course), and I really regret not getting to see it live.  The space shuttle program is only a couple months older than I am, so even though I didn't always feel the excitement like I did watching the launches when I was a kid, it just boggles my mind that the first launch was shortly before I was born and now it's over. 
  • It is crazy to think that something we watched growing up will not be around in the same way we knew it as kids for our kids to watch. I agree that it's mind boggling to think that it's all over!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • I'm kind of saddened by it...  I've never been that fascinated by space, nor do I feel it holds answers to the scientific issues we face on a daily basis, but I do love the idea of exploration and that there's something out there undiscovered.
  • crazy that was the end of it. Seemed like something that would never go away?
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't watch but no doubt would have felt sad if I had. It was such a big deal as kids, ya know? And it is still a big deal... an amazing feat. I guess it's just weird to think that sometimes major scientific leaps don't equal continued progress at least not in a way that it makes sense to keep going.