November 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

*crickets*

That's all I hear in here!  Where is everyone?  How was your 4th?

H and I unexpectedly bought him a shiny new car over the 4th!  Other than that, we had a cookout with my folks and stayed around the house since we'd just plunked down a big down payment on the car.  (Goodbye, financial freedom - helllooooooo, car payment!)

Re: *crickets*

• Fun! What kind of car did you get?

The 4th was pretty good for us. We went to WI to DH's aunt and uncle's cottage on Friday. We came home Sunday morning so I could go to one of my best friend's bridal shower. It was so nice to see her! I hadn't seen her since our wedding in November.

Monday, we went on a motorcycle ride with SFIL, DH's aunt and uncle and SFIL's neighbors. It was a good ride ... my first one where I was gone all day. I really enjoy being on the back of the bike and I think next year when DH tries to convice me to get a Harley, I will be ok with it (depending on our financial situation then).

[IMG]http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/jvanier/waiting_for_summer_by_P0RG-1.jpg[/IMG]

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11

PAL/PGAL Welcome!
  • Hahaha!  Yes... it is quiet around here!

We had a really busy weekend.  I woke up with a cold on Friday (which is almost gone today), we went to three parties plus a great barbecue on the 4th.

We also are finally moving on the 16th, so I've started packing... not my favorite task, but I'm trying to do as much as possible to keep the cost of the move down.

• It was nice to have a long weekend, I wish it were longer!

We didn't do much - we finally went swimming at the pool (we always let the passes go to waste) and spent some time with his mom. We also had dinner out with some good friends.

Oh and we ran a road race on the 4th - a 4 miler and I achieved a new personal best, so that was exciting. It was also fun to make fun of MH since he so proudly wore a red shirt thinking that would make it easier for me to find him at the end of the race (he runs faster than I do).  I had a good 5 min laugh at him since he was about one of 300 people wearing a red shirt. Very patriotic of him :)

ExerciseMilestone
  • Weekends always go by too fast!  We had friends in town Friday and part of Saturday, and then Sat. night H and I had date night.  Sunday was not nice weather and I ended up doing pretty much nothing except watching the closing arguments of the Casey Anthony trial.  Monday we went to a BBQ with the in-laws at the lake club they belong to (and hopefully we will too next year!).
    Visit The Nest!
  • Ha! Well we had a quick 24-hour turn-around flying to a wedding out of state. It was lovely but made me glad our special day is over and went so smoothly! 

Drove straight from the airport to my sister's going away party (sniffle). 

Now, prepping as a bridesmaid for my stepsister's wedding this weekend. I am a ball of nerves... her wedding has been a lot of DIY and she has really shouldered the planning burden (she's a planner type - a teacher - who is really good at taking charge/planning but still, it's hard to be the bride and the person in charge). So yeah, hoping and praying all goes smoothly because this day has been long-awaited and means a lot to her!!

Otherwise working two jobs (tired :)), and yeah TTC haha. :) I hope the stress of our schedule doesn't mess that up for us. :( 

• Our weekend was nice if a little boring at some points. We headed out of town for mom's re-do wedding. Fun and sentimental. I got to see my auntie who is suffering form terminal cancer - she looked great, had more energy than I would have expected and was in good spirits. My cousin got a book deal - woohoo. My brother and his family that I never get to see was there.  On the other hand - we spent some time in my dad's old woodshop dividing up the items we might want since his passing. Just the smell of that room had me in tears 5 years later. Lots of time spent sitting and waiting for the next group of family of friends to show up.  I guess it was just an emotional roller coaster of a weekend.

Put in a valiant effort for TTC and have my fingers crossed. One more possible go tonight and then I think we are thru with timing. I feel nothing different yet. Boo. I keep thinking immediately after I'm going to notice a huge difference in how I feel. I'm silly that way.

photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm here! (Trying to not bring up baby updates.) I went to my brother's new house for a game night on the fourth of July and suffered through hours and hours of fireworks before finally fighting it and getting to sleep :) Congrats on the new car!! 
    [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/24wc4zm.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/91flok.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/20jsn5c.jpg[/IMG]
  • image ScarlettDahlia:

Fun! What kind of car did you get?

We got a Kia Sportage.  It is ridiculously awesome, and while both our names are on it, my H is the primary driver, and I'm sooooooooo jealous!

image temurlang:

I woke up with a cold on Friday (which is almost gone today)

I caught a cold over the weekend from one of my H's employees.  Glad you're on the up and up.  I'm somewhere at the bottom still!  

• image bellaxanthe:

Our weekend was nice if a little boring at some points. We headed out of town for mom's re-do wedding. Fun and sentimental. I got to see my auntie who is suffering form terminal cancer - she looked great, had more energy than I would have expected and was in good spirits. My cousin got a book deal - woohoo. My brother and his family that I never get to see was there.  On the other hand - we spent some time in my dad's old woodshop dividing up the items we might want since his passing. Just the smell of that room had me in tears 5 years later. Lots of time spent sitting and waiting for the next group of family of friends to show up.  I guess it was just an emotional roller coaster of a weekend.

Put in a valiant effort for TTC and have my fingers crossed. One more possible go tonight and then I think we are thru with timing. I feel nothing different yet. Boo. I keep thinking immediately after I'm going to notice a huge difference in how I feel. I'm silly that way.

Bella - fingers crossed! And it's not uncommon to feel nothing different. :) That's why it's the dreaded 2ww.  :)It's just impossible to know no matter *what* you feel or don't feel!

Send some extra t&p our way... the next few days are critical and dh and I of course had a huge fight last night, so the chances we'll use any of those days are slim. In a pretty bad mood to say the least. :(

• It has been quiet around here!  Glad to see everyone back.

We got to spend some time with DH's brother and sister, and also my parents, so it was a nice weekend.

Zara - I'm sorry you guys are fighting - I hope it works itself out soon, and that it doesn't get in the way of your ahem, endeavors ;)

Bella - fingers crossed for you guys!

• Thanks, Angie - yeah, we were sailing along smoothly and out of nowhere we have this miscommunication that could have been resolved so easily but no, I had to put my foot in my mouth. Gotta love it. :) Glad you've been enjoying time with your dh and his family!