Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Our baby is here! It's a.....

GIRL!!! I can't even put my reaction into words....the only thing I can come up with is shock and pure joy :) 

The labor was 2 hours and 39 minutes from timeable contractions to birth. I did get to the hospital in plenty of time though and my dr. was already there for another patient so it all went well. Whew! I went in late Sunday night and had her after midnight Monday.

I could have gotten an epidural but it moved so fast that my nurse said I probably only had 10 more contractions when my dr. broke my water. I figured that wouldn't be worth the discomfort of having to sit up for it. I didn't last those 10 contractions....in 15 minutes I went from 6 to 8, and in another 15 minutes I went from 8 to 10. Dr literally ran back in to the room just in time for the pushing.

I pushed for less than 5 mins, she was out in 2 pushes.  

12:39 Leah Noelle was born 8 lbs 1 oz, 20.5 inches long.

1:00 she was nursing

1:03 I was offered and accepted chocolate ice cream LOL those nurses were the best

imageimage" mce_src="image">

We are all home together now and so happy!! So far Joey has been very loving, giving her kisses and handing her teethers and other toys : )

Re: Our baby is here! It's a.....