Married Life
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Awww, this is so sweet.

When I got home there was a card in the mail.  From the vet's office.  A little condolence/sympathy card. 

And everyone in the office signed it and added little notes.  omg.  It made me cry all over again. 

Best vet ever.  Seriously. 

Re: Awww, this is so sweet.

• That is very touching.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That is really, really nice.
    SO SINGS MY SOUL *WHAM!* MY SAVIOR GOD TO THEE *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!*
  • My vet did the same thing when my old cocker spaniel was PTS in 2009. I cried all over again.
    Once upon a time, boy met girl...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That's really great. It's the little things, ya know? :)
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • imoanimoan member
    10000 Comments Eighth Anniversary

When I had to put my girl Gizmo to sleep last March, we had a vet come to the house.  We got the sweetest card from the vet and her assistants about a week later. 

{{hugs}} LHC.  I'm so sorry about your loss. 

Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
  • That is really sweet.  Awww.  It's so nice to have a vet like that.   

• That is so sweet, shows that they care....my old vet up north did that when my cat had to be PTS, it was so touching because they were very involved in treating him when he was sick, but it did make me cry all over again.
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • ohhhh, that is really nice!!!!
  • That's awesome. I love vet offices that do that.  My vet is also my aunt's vet, and they sent her a nice card and a single rose when she had to put her lab down due to cancer.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That is really sweet.  
    I love my life.
    imageimageimage
    Total workouts from 2006-2009: 33 Total workouts in 2010: 100
    Goal 2011: Work out 10+ times/month every month.
    2011 totals: 223 days, 281 workouts, 249 yoga classes
    2011 Goal Progress Breakdown (Updated 10/4)
  • The vet oncology center did this when we lost Pockets. One of them even made a donation in her name to veterinary cancer research, and sent a little magnet/medallion thing with her name on it.

I bawled. It was so touching. 

Our regular vet, where we actually took her to be put to sleep, sent a card signed by no one and even got her sex wrong (said something about how we gave him a nice life). 

Not impressed. 

• I'm so sorry for your loss, Lucy.

I remember a few years ago, when my cat died, my vet sent a handwritten note and I was very very touched by it. I feel like most vets are just really good people, you know? Maybe that's a silly stereotype, but it has been my experience.

Whenever I hear Chesh's IRL name I think "Scissor" --MontereyBride