Married Life
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

So Sinead is Oscar.

It's a neutered male. It took 3 vet techs + the vet to determine this for sure. lol.

He had a fever of 103 so we couldn't get his shots today. I got an antibiotic to give him, and once the pills are gone I'll take him back in to get vaccinated, assuming his fever is gone.  The vet said it's most likely from the bite he has on the back of his neck.

He thinks he's about 5 years old judging by his teeth, but said he appears to be in good overall health other than the fact that he's quite skinny from not getting "three square meals a day".

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: So Sinead is Oscar.

• Poor Oscar....you are a good semi cat mom already. Hope he feels better so he can get vacc'd soon. And yay for already being neutered!
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Aw. I have all kinds of happy feelings about your doing this for this cat. You are a good person, earning stars in your crown in heaven.
    SO SINGS MY SOUL *WHAM!* MY SAVIOR GOD TO THEE *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!*
  • image Sue_sue:
    Aw. I have all kinds of happy feelings about your doing this for this cat. You are a good person, earning stars in your crown in heaven.

I really just hope everything works out with him transitioning, as well as the dogs. That's the only thing that has me worried.

• I was so worried about my car meeting H's dog when I moved in....cat slapped dog on the face once, dog realized cat was in charge and they ignore each other happily ever after.....now the kitten, when he joined the fam, he decided dog was his new BFF. Dog was meh about it. Now they love each other. You never know!
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • You know what they say about Asians and their teeny peenys!
    I like salad bar, I like Despicable Me, tosh 2.0, I like Connect 4, Freedom of Speech, David Fincher, sidewalk, I like 1-800-SLIM, yo mama jokes, strawberry, Wilmer Valmavelma, Leon J. Panetta, ice skating for fun, not to save life. Cheese. Is for mouse. Are you Mick Mouse? WHY DON'T YOU GET IN YOUR SPACESHIP LIKE MICK MOUSE?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Ombligo1:
    You know what they say about Asians and their teeny peenys!

lmao.

Also, since the cat is quite a bit older than I thought, we definitely won't be declawing.  

• How is he about the pills?
    I like salad bar, I like Despicable Me, tosh 2.0, I like Connect 4, Freedom of Speech, David Fincher, sidewalk, I like 1-800-SLIM, yo mama jokes, strawberry, Wilmer Valmavelma, Leon J. Panetta, ice skating for fun, not to save life. Cheese. Is for mouse. Are you Mick Mouse? WHY DON'T YOU GET IN YOUR SPACESHIP LIKE MICK MOUSE?
  • image Ombligo1:
    How is he about the pills?

So far the only one he's gotten is the one the vet gave him to show me how to do it. He made it look easy, but I'm really not looking forward to doing it. I'm sure it won't go nearly as smoothly when it's me trying to force it down his throat.

• image jenbabe3:

image Ombligo1:
    How is he about the pills?

So far the only one he's gotten is the one the vet gave him to show me how to do it. He made it look easy, but I'm really not looking forward to doing it. I'm sure it won't go nearly as smoothly when it's me trying to force it down his throat.

if he gives you trouble, ask for a pill shooter....my vet gave me one that you put the pill in so you put the shooter in his mouth, not your fingers. Very effective.
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Helpful tip for nail cutting/soft paws, pill giving, anything cats don't like: swaddle him in a bath towel. Tight.
  • omg I hope he's not rabid!!
  • re: the pills. I grab their head from behind, toss the pill back as far as I can, and hold their jaw shut and stroke their neck for awhile until I decide they must have swallowed.
  • image Tambcat:
    omg I hope he's not rabid!!

WHAT.

• image jenbabe3:

image Tambcat:

WHAT.

He has a bite.. he bit you..

Surprise

(Okay, really, even if he were, the virus wouldn't be transmittable until he was at the stage where he showed symptoms. I've done my research! lol. And he's probably been vaccinated anyway if he was someone's pet. Didn't mean to freak you out.)

• image Tambcat:
    image jenbabe3:

image Tambcat:

WHAT.

He has a bite.. he bit you..

Surprise

(Okay, really, even if he were, the virus wouldn't be transmittable until he was at the stage where he showed symptoms. I've done my research! lol. And he's probably been vaccinated anyway if he was someone's pet. Didn't mean to freak you out.)

I immediately started googling after you said that. He's not showing any of those symptoms at all, so I'm crossing my fingers that he doesn't have any diseases - especially rabies.

But, just to be safe, I'd already decided he wouldn't be allowed in the house until he got vaccinated. Since we couldn't do that today, he'll have to stay outside for a while longer (which he doesn't seem to mind).