International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

wwyd re: nursery start times

W is due to start nursery in September - there is an open visit day on teh 13th and then he starts 3 hours a day on the 20th. I think he'll be fine there; he's had 2x 2 hours  aweek at preschool for nearly a year now. But DH is away the week he's due to start. W always misses him loads and acts up and is just generally a bit more high maintenance when DH is away. H is gutted. And I'm stressed aoubt the right thing to do - so I could do with some IN advice!

Would you:

Keep the start date so he starts with everyone else and is new at the same time?

or

Hold him back until his father is home, so he has that added security?

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)

Re: wwyd re: nursery start times

• In my experience, I wouldn't hold him back.  I think it's much nicer for them to start together and get into their routines at the same time.  It might be a little more difficult for him to jump right in while everyone around him is all settled.  

DD is going to a morning camp soon and I am a bit worried since it officially already started so she have to kind of get up to speed quickly and adjust to all new people and environment on her own.   

• I'd keep him started with everyone else.  Harsh to say, but he's just going to have to learn to get on with his dad not being there.

I feel your pain though.  Leo is starting pre-school in September and I am sort of freaking out about a.) leaving him and having him be upset at seeing me leave and b.) him missing afternoon naps twice a week.  Man, he is going to be rough to be around for awhile!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image ExpatFamily06:

I'd keep him started with everyone else.  Harsh to say, but he's just going to have to learn to get on with his dad not being there.

I feel your pain though.  Leo is starting pre-school in September and I am sort of freaking out about a.) leaving him and having him be upset at seeing me leave and b.) him missing afternoon naps twice a week.  Man, he is going to be rough to be around for awhile!

I agree with this. He is 3, and he will be fine, and it will be easier for him to start with everyone that to start a week late.  

DS 02.10.2008 * DD 04.05.2011

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/jhzsar.jpg[/IMG]
  • As a teacher- please have him start with everyone else.  We teach how to work school the first week he would miss that, it's important.  
    Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio
  • Thanks girls. That's how I was leaning as well...
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • image NCV2:
    As a teacher- please have him start with everyone else.  We teach how to work school the first week he would miss that, it's important.  
    This exactly!