Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Unpopular Opnions Anyone?

My UO: I love the idea of having a cleaning lady, but I would probably never get one b/c it grosses me out thinking about someone washing our clothes or cleaning our toilets.

Ick!

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/20041v6.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/14tplxw.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Unpopular Opnions Anyone?

• image mikeandmegandivito:

My UO: I love the idea of having a cleaning lady, but I would probably never get one b/c it grosses me out thinking about someone washing our clothes or cleaning our toilets.

Ick!

There is nothing better than coming home to an absolutely clean house, and you didn't do a thing.

image Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I get REALLY annoyed when people that have good teeth smile with their mouth closed.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • image susiederkins:
    image mikeandmegandivito:

Ick!

There is nothing better than coming home to an absolutely clean house, and you didn't do a thing.

Like having to spread your legs for your husband just to get him to pick his dirty underwear up off the floor.

fiizzlee = vag ** fiizzle = peen ** Babies shouldn't be born wit thangs ** **They're called first luddz fo' a reason -- mo' is supposed ta come after. Yo Ass don't git a medal fo' marryin yo' prom date. Unless yo ass is imoan. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Then yo ass git a all-expenses paid cruise ta tha Mediterranean n' yo ass git ta hook up Jared Padalecki on tha flight over while bustin yo' jammies. But still no medal.
  • We have a cleaning lady but she does not do our laundry.

I have no problem with her scrubbing our toilets!!!!

• I call total BS on my SIL's "fibromyalgia." She works 12-hour shifts as a nurse, on her feet all day. Then she comes home, flops on the couch, and demands to be waited on. Literally.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • image mikeandmegandivito:

Ick!

I would pay a cleaning lady to wash floors, clean bathrooms and kitchens, vacuum, dust, clean mirrors, but I would not want someone washing my clothes, because it would not be cost effective for one thing.  Washing and drying clothes is easy, and if you do a load a day or every other day and fold it right away its a good way to keep the mound of laundry under control. 

• Mine UO is that I think people who have children before marriage shouldn't have big, prettyprincess weddings with the whole nine yards of showers, bachelorette/bachelor parties, etc. Really tacky in my opinion.
  • image BCV513:
    I call total BS on my SIL's "fibromyalgia." She works 12-hour shifts as a nurse, on her feet all day. Then she comes home, flops on the couch, and demands to be waited on. Literally.

That's obnoxious.  On the upside, at least she isn't sponging off the government.

• image julie324:

image BCV513:
    I call total BS on my SIL's "fibromyalgia." She works 12-hour shifts as a nurse, on her feet all day. Then she comes home, flops on the couch, and demands to be waited on. Literally.

That's obnoxious.  On the upside, at least she isn't sponging off the government.

Maybe she should just quit her job and go on disability or live off gov. There are a lot of people who have fibromyalgia who work full time jobs...most dont have a choice.

• image Hamburglar:
    Mine UO is that I think people who have children before marriage shouldn't have big, prettyprincess weddings with the whole nine yards of showers, bachelorette/bachelor parties, etc. Really tacky in my opinion.

Why? What if it is their first marriage? Popping out a kid doesn't automatically mean that you forfeit a nice wedding with all the trimmings?  I am not in this position, but I know many women who have been.

They got KU by a douchebag they thought was going to marry. The douchebag cheats on them leaves them all alone to care for the kid. Why does that automatically mean that they have to go to the JP?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image BettyBookworm:

image Hamburglar:
    Mine UO is that I think people who have children before marriage shouldn't have big, prettyprincess weddings with the whole nine yards of showers, bachelorette/bachelor parties, etc. Really tacky in my opinion.

Why? What if it is their first marriage? Popping out a kid doesn't automatically mean that you forfeit a nice wedding with all the trimmings?  I am not in this position, but I know many women who have been.

They got KU by a douchebag they thought was going to marry. The douchebag cheats on them leaves them all alone to care for the kid. Why does that automatically mean that they have to go to the JP?

If you think they shouldn't have wedding/shower, etc. because they did things "out of order" - I disagree.  However, I do agree that having an unnecessarily and ridiculously expensive wedding is selfish when children and their needs (college fund) should come first. 

• image jessthabest:
    image BettyBookworm:

image Hamburglar:

If you think they shouldn't have wedding/shower, etc. because they did things "out of order" - I disagree.  However, I do agree that having an unnecessarily and ridiculously expensive wedding is selfish when children and their needs (college fund) should come first. 

You could technically say that about everyone who gets married and is planning on having kids though. Following that line of thinking, no one should have a big wedding because they might get sick, or they might lose their job in a few years, etc, etc... It's all a slippery slope.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I get grossed out by pregnant bellies--especially when it's a tiny girl and a big beach ball bump that others find cute.  I literally feel nauseous over them, especially a side view.  I have no idea why.  I think it's because it looks painfully distorted and I feel sorry for the woman.  It looks like it hurts so much to be stretched out to there!  I know, I'm weird.

• My UO is that people should grow up and stop going out and getting drunk all the time. I don't get why some adults can't just have a few drinks and be fine. I have some friends that have to get black out drunk everytime they drink. You are 30, why are you doing this?

• image Hamburglar:

As someone who had an oops while planning a fall wedding that I ended up moving to the next year so that I could enjoy the event along with my guests, I don't really get why having a wedding to celebrate becoming husband and wife would be tacky. Why should we not get to have a big celebration because we had a baby?